“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Frontier Inn

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Frontier Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Frontier Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8101 Hutchins Drive, Cheyenne, WY 82007 (Formerly Sleep Inn & Suites Cheyenne)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Cheyenne
Fairfax, Virginia
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed here for a meeting in Cheyenne last month. I came into town from the north and it turns out this hotel is several miles east of town on I-80. Not a huge deal, just be aware that it is a little ways out of town and that you'll likely have to drive anywhere as the only other business at this particular exit is a truck stop. However, the property is very nice. The room was large and clean, the pool was small but adequate, and the fitness room was well-equipped. Breakfast was a step above your standard hotel breakfast with several hot items offered. The staff were very friendly, and I'll definitely look into staying here again if I'm back in Cheyenne.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer G, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Frontier Inn, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
We cannot wait to see you the next time you stop through. We like to say that our hotel is were the city ends and the country begins. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed all of our amenities and breakfast. Our entire staff looks forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Highlands Ranch, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was traveling on business and needed to drive east on I-80 the next morning, so I chose this hotel due to its location near the highway. I was pleasantly surprised by this newer PLUS version of the Best Western hotel chain. The room was appointed with beautiful dark wood furniture and a desk for my computer work. The bathroom was clean and also appointed with cherry-wood lavatory cabinetry and attractive light fixtures. The lobby was inviting and included an inviting breakfast area.. Even though the fitness center was somewhat small, all the equipment functioned as it should, and it was actively used by me and other guests. The staff was engaged and enjoyed their jobs.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I’m happy to hear that our plus property was such a great surprise for you on your business travels. We know that staying at a hotel with the right amenities is so important for a business travelers. We strive every day to provide the best experience for every guest and we hope that next time you’re in our area you will think of us.
Smithfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed here for Frontier Days, Staff went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. Shuttle to Frontier Days for concerts very helpful. Rooms good, location good, breakfast good, great place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jennifer G, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Frontier Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
We appreciate your choice of us for Cheyenne Frontier Days, we understand how hectic it can be during that time so we were happy to offer the shuttle service and the extra snacks during that week. We can’t wait to see you next year!!
Yucca Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Best Western is quickly becoming my "go to" hotel, especially with their good military discounts. We stayed here based on the reviews we read and they didn't let us down. A beautiful, clean facility that is just far enough away from the city to be away from the train noise but still close enough to do everything easily (approx. 5 miles). The room was large which is great with a kid. The breakfasts were more than ample with a good mix of hot and cold offerings. They have freshly made cookies every evening in the lobby which is a nice added touch. The pool was a nice size and warm. Staff were very friendly. We'd definitely stay here again if in Cheyenne!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for serving our country. It is wonderful to have members of our military stay with us and we love providing a reasonable and comfortable place for you to stay. The staff here works hard to go the extra mile to help with any help guests may need. We hope that the next time you are in the Cheyenne area you remember the Best Western Plus Frontier Inn.
Laurel, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Maybe outside of town however the BW is very clean and the staff is fantastic....Always willing to help anyone and always have a smile on there face.....Great cookies also. There's also a great steak house the next exit east of the hotel. The BW has the menu and I suggest you read it and go there.......

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much Kevin for your review of the Best Western Plus Frontier Inn. It is good to know that our entire staff has made such a great impression on you and that they are always willing to help. T-Joe's is a local favorite and a wonderful place to stop for a bite to eat. We hope to see you in our lobby having a cookie soon!!
Peoria, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was not overly impressed with my stay or this property in general. It was fine, but I don't feel like I got a great value and was disappointed in a few things.

I showed up at the property at 5 pm and was told that my room might not be ready yet as housekeeping was still cleaning. This is MUCH later than the advertised check-in time. Fortunately, they had just finished my room and were working on the next one. I had had a long work and travel day starting early and just needed to relax so this was very frustrating that it was even a question if a room would be ready at 5 pm. Then when I got to my room, my keys didn't work so I had to go back down and request new keys. The front desk assumed I didn't use the keys properly, made new keys and sent another person up to show me how to use the keys (the key didn't work, it wasn't me). In good news, the staff was VERY friendly and made sure they took care of everything I needed.

The location is conveniently right off the interstate, but is 15 minutes away from any selection of food choices.

The rooms also have recently been updated and look really nice which was a plus. Big downer-there are almost no channels, including some of the basic channels. I find TV channels to be important since I'm just relaxing in the hotel every evening and trying to keep up with my shows.

I was underwhelmed by the breakfast. It was still good with hot choices, but didn't taste as good to me as some other continental breakfasts. I also found some dirt and dead bugs near the AC which is ridiculous seeing as my room was "cleaned" less than 15 minutes before my arrival. The bathroom and bedding was clean, I just wore socks or flip flops around the room.

I would probably try out another property if I was in the area again, but I've never stayed anywhere else and this property was safe and generally clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I’m sorry that you felt our property was underwhelming. It is our top priority to take care of our guests and I am glad to see that the staff was helpful and tried their hardest to make sure everything was taken care of for you. We have been making a lot of changes and improvements to the hotel since our conversion to a Best Western Plus earlier this year. I encourage you to come back and see the great changes we have made and give us another chance to prove how great our hotel is.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Located right off of I-80, but a few miles east of Cheyenne, WY. Dog friendly, but the area isn't the best for dog walks. My dog didn't care, and had a great time walking around the truck stop and industrial area.

Breakfast was good: bacon, sausage, eggs, apples, oranges, skim & 2%milk, decent coffee, biscuits&gravy, yogurt, cereal, orange juice, apple juice.

Lobby was clean and well maintained. Room was great, everything was in good condition, bathroom liked recently renovated.

I would highly recommend this hotel, especially in Cheyenne, WY.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Frontier Inn? Share your experiences!