“Staff is Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Frontier Inn

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Frontier Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Frontier Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8101 Hutchins Drive, Cheyenne, WY 82007 (Formerly Sleep Inn & Suites Cheyenne)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Cheyenne
Laurel, United States
“Staff is Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Maybe outside of town however the BW is very clean and the staff is fantastic....Always willing to help anyone and always have a smile on there face.....Great cookies also. There's also a great steak house the next exit east of the hotel. The BW has the menu and I suggest you read it and go there.......

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jennifer G, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Frontier Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you so much Kevin for your review of the Best Western Plus Frontier Inn. It is good to know that our entire staff has made such a great impression on you and that they are always willing to help. T-Joe's is a local favorite and a wonderful place to stop for a bite to eat. We hope to see you in our lobby having a cookie soon!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Peoria, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was not overly impressed with my stay or this property in general. It was fine, but I don't feel like I got a great value and was disappointed in a few things.

I showed up at the property at 5 pm and was told that my room might not be ready yet as housekeeping was still cleaning. This is MUCH later than the advertised check-in time. Fortunately, they had just finished my room and were working on the next one. I had had a long work and travel day starting early and just needed to relax so this was very frustrating that it was even a question if a room would be ready at 5 pm. Then when I got to my room, my keys didn't work so I had to go back down and request new keys. The front desk assumed I didn't use the keys properly, made new keys and sent another person up to show me how to use the keys (the key didn't work, it wasn't me). In good news, the staff was VERY friendly and made sure they took care of everything I needed.

The location is conveniently right off the interstate, but is 15 minutes away from any selection of food choices.

The rooms also have recently been updated and look really nice which was a plus. Big downer-there are almost no channels, including some of the basic channels. I find TV channels to be important since I'm just relaxing in the hotel every evening and trying to keep up with my shows.

I was underwhelmed by the breakfast. It was still good with hot choices, but didn't taste as good to me as some other continental breakfasts. I also found some dirt and dead bugs near the AC which is ridiculous seeing as my room was "cleaned" less than 15 minutes before my arrival. The bathroom and bedding was clean, I just wore socks or flip flops around the room.

I would probably try out another property if I was in the area again, but I've never stayed anywhere else and this property was safe and generally clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I’m sorry that you felt our property was underwhelming. It is our top priority to take care of our guests and I am glad to see that the staff was helpful and tried their hardest to make sure everything was taken care of for you. We have been making a lot of changes and improvements to the hotel since our conversion to a Best Western Plus earlier this year. I encourage you to come back and see the great changes we have made and give us another chance to prove how great our hotel is.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Located right off of I-80, but a few miles east of Cheyenne, WY. Dog friendly, but the area isn't the best for dog walks. My dog didn't care, and had a great time walking around the truck stop and industrial area.

Breakfast was good: bacon, sausage, eggs, apples, oranges, skim & 2%milk, decent coffee, biscuits&gravy, yogurt, cereal, orange juice, apple juice.

Lobby was clean and well maintained. Room was great, everything was in good condition, bathroom liked recently renovated.

I would highly recommend this hotel, especially in Cheyenne, WY.

• Stayed July 2013
Jackson, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

You really don't want to stay in another Best Western, do you? Cheap fixtures, crummy beds, tiny bars of bath soap to go with a tiny tub and clogged shower head, noisy hallways, lousy coffee. Here's good news for you: on the east side of Cheyenne, next to I-80, you'll find an entirely different Best Western experience -- a PLUS. We had two rooms, both modern, comfortable, and, yes, actually dignified. My grandson Henry loved the pool, my Black Lab Bailey loved the open space outside, and all three of us adults found the beds (and pillows) incredibly nice. The staff was nice, too. The breakfast was okay. The price was a bit high but maybe worth it, because we had a great experience. We drive between Jackson, Wyoming, and Omaha fairly often. The Best Western Frontier Inn will be our choice from now on.

Room Tip: South side rooms face the Interstate. North side rooms face a distribution centre. Either way, you...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Large room and bath. Shower only no tub. Soap dish only, so no where to sit your shampoo or shave cream. A/C fan would not stay on when in constant on setting, so it would come on and go off every few minutes. Bed was soft, but bouncy, so we woke each other up every time we moved. Pull out sofa had paper thin mattress and our son woke up sore from feeling the springs.
Breakfast was good, about what you would expect. Price was competitive. Suggest staying in the side away from I-80. Front desk manager was nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Stay on back side away from I-80
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I’m sorry to hear that your experience with us wasn’t above average, we are constantly trying to make improvements and you feedback about your stay will defiantly help us to do so. I hope that you will give us another chance to prove how wonderful our hotel can be. See you soon!!
Aarhus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Arrived at sunset, and we could accurately find the hotel. After dark it was very difficult!
But once inside the hotel we were recieved by a friendly and helpful receptionist. The room was fine, the bathroom was large, and the bed was comfortable. The only minus was the noise from the air conditioning. We turned it off, but then it became too hot.
The "free" breakfast was very good and had all we needed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing us as your place to stay in Cheyenne. It’s good to hear that your room was big and you had everything you needed while staying with us. I’m sorry that you air conditioning was too loud, I can understand how frustrating that could be on a hot summer night. We hope to see you enjoying our free breakfast soon!!
Pleasant Grove, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

After a very long day on the road, this place was clean and comfortable. The front desk service was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The location is right off the freeway, but we never noticed a problem with noise. The breakfast was good and we very much enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
One of the best things about our property is its peaceful location. Although we are right off of I-80 we are not near trains and you don’t hear much of the interstate traffic. It’s wonderful that you had a clean and comfortable stay with us, and I’m happy to hear that your breakfast got you off to a great start the next morning.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Frontier Inn? Share your experiences!