“Great place to stop.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Cheyenne
Kent, Ohio
“Great place to stop.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Brand new, super nice, modern hotel. We were super surprised when we pulled in to see the hotel, it's not a Marriott brand that we have ever stayed at before, so we were really unsure what to expect. The staff was super friendly as well. At first we were sceptical because it is so close to the railroad, but we didn't here a train all night. The beds were so comfortable, we actually overslept, and got on the road later than we wanted to. We found another hotel just like it in Iowa the next night because we were so happy with our stay. Great job, keep up the good work!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ricardo G, Manager at TownePlace Suites Cheyenne, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you very much for this wonderful review. It is TownePlace Suites Cheyenne's goal each and every day to ensure that our guests have a pleasant and enjoyable stay. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Very surprised when we pulled up to the TownPlace Suites in Cheyenne & found it to be brand new. They are still working on the landscaping,but the Hotel itself is complete. It had been open one month when we stayed,so everything was sparkling new. Suites were equipped with anything you would need for a long term stay,including a well lit desk & many outlets,which is lacking in many older hotels.
We had a nice,complimentary breakfast before checking out. They also have an outdoor patio area with a fireplace which was spacious & looked very inviting.

PS.
There was no resteraunt or room service,I couldn't remove it from my review!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on your recent stay. We are delighted that your stay with the newly built TownePlace Suites Cheyenne was enjoyable. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.
Frankfort, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We were unable to get a room at a Marriott by the airport, so at the last minute, we're able to get into the new Towneplace Suites a little further east. We loved it. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. It was similar to a Residence Inn - great if you are traveling with your family. The hotel was brand new... very nice work-out room. When we arrived, there were tornado warnings( a tornado was sighted by the hotel) , and the staff was wonderful. They evacuated everyone from their rooms, pool, parking lot, etc. and brought us to an inner hall. We felt very comfortable and in good hands. The only drawback was the unimpressive breakfast. No meat or eggs( hard boiled) which I thought unusual for such a nice hotel. We would definitely stay there again! I forgot to mention that the rates were very reasonable!!!!

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor, and very comfortable. We heard no road noises or commotion from other roo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lane H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Cheyenne, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Hello George M:

Thank you for a wonderful review. We at the TownePlace Suites Cheyenne take our guest(s) and Associate(s) safety very seriously.

We drill for these type of scenarios, so when an alert or emergency do happen, we can react in a calm and professional manner.

I will share your review with Team Cheyenne and they will be happy to know we made you felt comfortable and safe.

We look forward to you staying with us again, when you return to Cheyenne.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Called and booked a room, the reservation service was nice enough. I told them I had a dog with me nothing was said. When I showed up to the hotel the desk tells me an additional $100.00 for my dog. At no time did they say that during booking. I called customer service to find out why I was not told this. And their response was I should have seen it on their Web site, now mind you I did not even visit their site.. then they say it should have been in the confirmation email I got. At no time was I informed that a non refundable pet deposit was due at check in. And no where in the email I got did it say anything about pets.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Paul L:

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor. I was very dishearten to read your review and see the trouble you encountered about our non-refundable Pet Cleaning Fee.

Paul L: Could you please reach out to me at 1-307-634-0400 and or via my email at laneh@intermountainhtoels.com I would like an opportunity to visit with you and obtain more information about your reservation. This will allow me to review these details and address your concerns mentioned in this review. This allow me to prevent this from happening in future.

Thank you again and look forward to speaking with you in the near future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Sad when a hotel will gauge folks for traveling with a pet. I can understand fee as a deposit In CASE there is damage but non refundable is unreasonable. Won't be staying at any TownePlace Suites in the future.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Barb S:

Thank you for taking time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I wanted to take a few moment's to clarify our non-refundable Pet Cleaning Fee for our hotel.

We truly enjoy having our wonderful cat and dog guest(s) stay with us. The room they stay in requires a special cleaning after their departure to prepare for our next guest. We prepare our sleeping rooms for anyone who may stay with us, even those who may have pet allergies.

Please know this very detailed cleaning and our non-refundable Pet Cleaning Fee is meant to offset the expense.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you when you return to Cheyenne.
Durango, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Loved this bran new hotel. Awesome beds. Be sure to ask for a room on the backside so you don't have to listen to trains all night. Only issue was the continental is cereal, toast, hard boiled eggs, coffee and OJ. When I asked why no scrambled eggs or bacon/sausage I was told it was because each room has a kitchenette. (oh and by the way the kitchenettes are really nice too). But how can a traveler cook bacon without going to buy a pound of it? So I don't think that's such a great idea. I finally started not eating all my dinner food at restaurants and would heat it up in the morning for breakfast so I could have a got breakfast.

Don't know why but every evening by 9pm if not sooner, the tv would freeze up and not work. Which would cause me to just get frustrated and turn out the lights. Maybe that's by design? lol j/k.

Room Tip: Get a room on the backside away from train tracks.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hello Karen180857:

We also enjoyed hearing you loved our Awesome Bed's!

We hope when you return to the area, we will be seeing you again.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Brand new so enjoy it ASAP - clean, comfortable brand new suites with mini-kitchens (fully stocked down to the silverware) and friendly staff.

Positives: Closet space was immense. TV had lots of choice. Breakfast selection was solid.

Room tip: Don't know about the back, but the front-facing rooms hear train whistles on and off all night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ricardo G, Manager at TownePlace Suites Cheyenne, responded to this review, June 20, 2014

Been to TownePlace Suites Cheyenne? Share your experiences!