“a work in progress” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Cheyenne
Denver, CO
“a work in progress”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This place has been trying to upgrade and doing a pretty good job. Staff was very nice and even though it is right at a truck stop it's not trashy. Still has a ways to go but the beds were very comfy and the room was clean. Had good windows so you don't hear any truck traffic. We were there for Cheyenne Frontier Days of which you pay a premium price anywhere but this certainly isn't work $130 a night. Maybe $59....

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Wichita
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stayed while in the area for a drum corps show. I am frugal and so chose this hotel only because all the others that I could reserve online were much more expensive. There was no one at the desk when I checked in and there was a note that said to use the provided phone to call them to come down to the desk. I checked in early, they allowed it even though the room was not ready, so I appreciated that. Even though they allowed it, one of the staff members who was doing the laundry for the room, seemed really put out and annoyed that I just wanted the key and would return late at night. Keep in mind, this really is just a truck stop hotel, right in the parking lot of a truck stop. The room was quiet, even though it was in the front of the hotel. The door did not have an extra lock on it, which made my traveling companion uncomfortable. They did have good cable channels. There were two dead bugs on the bathroom floor when we checked in. We also ate at the restaurant across the way and it was only average as well. The bathrooms at the truck stop were pretty awesome though, with heated toilet seats and a bidet.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Cheyenne, Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Yes this place is crumby but they obviously tried to do some renovations. Expect old & dirty appliances especially i.e., Dirty phones & refrigerator from the 60s-70s for example. My biggest gripe is I placed & paid for a multi-night reservation, which once paid for wouldn't be refunded. Initially the room smelled funny but after 24 hours with the window open that dissipated. The bed sheets simply weren't washed at all between guests. Food stains & hair were visible. The next day of my stay my room wasn't even cleaned. No attempt to make the bed or replace used towels. Moreover, whatever money I saved by staying here, over some other local options, was eaten up by extra fuel costs getting into town. This place is about 9 miles from Cheyenne. Won't be staying here again. America's Best Value Inn off of West Lincolnway is a better choice for thrifty travelers. You'll at least know where your extra money each night went to: Staff To Clean The Place!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

The bathroom walls were coated in dirt. Couldn't take a shower cause nasty dirty and rusted. When we turned in comment card lady behind counter threw it away. Don't bother with this one there are better hotels an exit down. The room next to are had a no trespassing sign that read "we shot anything on sight".

• Stayed April 2014
North Richland Hills, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

This place while not a five star resort is a very nice place to stay. The hotel management and staff are very friendly and will bend over backwards to try and make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible. They are doing renovations, putting in new flat screen Tv’s. Before you start assuming that I am management or staff let me tell you that I am not. I am here with my husband and have been for two weeks now. I am from Texas and have stayed in many hotels cabins and inns. These guys are doing there best to keep this place as clean as they can and make as many updates as they can. But that all takes time and money. The management has recently changed from the drunken guy who did not give a heck about the hotel to a very kind couple. If you have been to this hotel in the past and were disappointed I would definitely give it another try. If you are expecting pools and a hot breakfast. Go to La Quinta and pray there prices.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This Rodeway in is located approxmately 6 miles east of Cheyenne on the north frontage road which runs parallel to I-80, adjacent to a truck stop.

I would guess the majority of customers are truckers, the balance being people driving cross country just looking for a place to catch a few hours of sleep.

If I had know it was as far out of town as it is, I would have booked someplace closer to the city center. The money spent on gas going back and forth from my room would have made up the difference.

It is an older property which is in need of some remodeling and repairs. My room was clean, the staff were friendly and they had free WiFi.

It is what is it is. If I was spending $100.00 plus a night I would be disappointed with reason. Since I was looking for an inexpensive place to sleep, it worked out fine.

Aside from Cheyenne Frontier Days, I can't think of many reasons people would be heading to Cheyenne as a vacation destination. It's a wonderful little town, the people are friendly

Room Tip: If you're planning on spending some time in Cheyenne I would look for someplace closer to the Ci...