“Amazing meal in Cheyenne - a MUST!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 157 Restaurants in Cheyenne
Cuisines: Korean
West Chester
“Amazing meal in Cheyenne - a MUST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

This was one of our top meals during a 19 day Western trip. It's a VERY simple setting (be prepared..) but well worth it. Run by a Korean family, it is authentic Korean fare, very tasty and generous portions. We sample several different apps including the dumplings, and 4 different mains, all stellar. Fantastic meal.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“It's all about the food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

The Korean House is all about the food, friendly service and simple. The beef short ribs were very tasty. Fried rice was just right. A nice treat to finish off our first time to Cheyenne.

Visited August 2014
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

It's kind of a hole in the wall, but the food was excellent & the server was friendly. This was my first time eating at a Korean restaurant, and I loved it. The be bim bop was great as were the side dishes. This was the first time that I really enjoyed kimchi. I'd recommend this place to anyone looking for something other than the typical Wyoming offerings. I'll definitely be coming back.

Prescott Arizona
“Kim Chee was Just the Start!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Like others have posted, go for the food not the ambiance! The Cabbage Kim Chee was excellent and not hot (what I call Wyoming hot). They also served a fermented Diacon radish "Kim Chee" that was incredible.

We had there fried Mondoon (dumpling) app, a noodle dish "Chae", and the "Spicy Sauteed Pork". Both were excellent. But the pork dish was over the top great.

If you like it hot ask them to kick it up as Wyoming is just not a place that eats hot so this place caters to the locals.

I can't wait to go back!!

Fort Collins, Colorado
“The Best of Cheyenne”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We went here on a recommendation from a friend because we love all types of Asian food. Korean House does not look like much on the outside or the inside, but wait until the food is in front of you!

The décor is strange and eclectic, and the dining room is small (seats 30-35). Korean figurines alongside Beanie Babies and sugar bowls and plants and military patches. Goofy, but right up my alley!

We had mondoo, be bim bap, and bulgogi with all the trimmings- veggies, kimchi, rice. It was very good food served reasonably quickly by a very friendly server.

The prices are amazingly reasonable for the portion size, but remember to bring cash! They don't accept credit cards.

I don't know if I'd make the 40-minute drive from my home to Cheyenne JUST for Korean House, but when I am passing through, it will be my stopping place!

Note: They are closed on weekends!

• Visited June 2014