“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Steamboat's is my new favorite restaurant! I have been about 4 times now and have always loved my food, most of the items are new, original, and mouth watering! I love how clean, and bright it is, and its not overwhelming and loud like alot of the other steakhouses in town. The best part is we always get the best service! I used to be a server through college, and so I am very picky. All the servers I have had there have been great, and the best server I have ever had in my life (and I eat out a lot!) is Nikki, She knows the menu so well that she makes you want to eat everything, she is outgoing and respectful, and the best part is we never have to ask for refills!!!! She always goes the extra mile!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Very good experience, if you can ignore the noise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I arrived about 5:30 pm on a Thursday evening and were advised we had a 25 minute wait. We were seated just about precisely 25 minutes later. Noise is certainly an issue -- as my wife noted, "Good thing we came here for the food and not an initimate conversation." But the food was excellent. We had the ribeye and the bacon-wrapped tenderloin, both medium rare, and they were delivered as we had ordered. Quality of meat was excellent. Service was very good during our visit. Staff at the reception desk was very friendly. The side dishes were OK -- the baked potato was good-sized, the "Cowboy beans" serving was a little out of the ordinary, tasty but a bit on the small side. Overall, though, worth the wait at the outset.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lansing, Michigan
“poorly executed, they need to get their act together”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

wow, how bad can a place get? can't believe the parking lot was so full, this place is really bad. apparently "medium rare" means "medium well" to their cook. not a blush of pink anywhere to be found in my steak. and the place is so crowded we could hardly get into our seats!

Visited October 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Service was below average food was average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

To begin, our waiter wore his pants down around his ankles and could have cared less who we were or what we wanted. He took his sweet time asking for our order and eventually bringing us our drinks. When he finally brought us our food, my wifes advised that she has had better stake at our hotel, which was bad in itself. My dinner was average, not too good and not too bad. The only time our waiter was the least bit interested was at teh very end when he knew his tip was riding on it. We left him little to nothing. I would recommend that people try other places that are well established. This place looks good from the outside, but that's about it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Great steak and lots of potential”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We ate here mid week arriving early to beat the crowd, this place is packed nearly all the time. Great selection of beers, wine list was bit sparce. We enjoyed the steaks and the breaded asparagus. Atmosphere is nice but can get loud when crowded. Service was well intended and friendly and I expect will improve over time. Great to see another locally owned establishment in Cheyenne, we'll be back.

• Visited December 2012