“Very nice stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cheyenne

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cheyenne to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cheyenne
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 Fleischli Parkway, I-25 Exit 9, Cheyenne, WY 82201   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Cheyenne
Lander, WY
“Very nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2008

Clean room with wonderful bed. Large flat panel television. Nice continental breakfast with complimentary newspaper delivered to room.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cheyenne, WY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2008

I stayed at this hotel in July of this year (2008) and was very disapointed with my stay. The hotel was extremely expensive, I believe I payed around $120 for one night to stay with my wife in a King Sized bed. When we got there, the A/C's weren't working,and to find out after talking to some other guests, the entire floor had broken A/C's. The front desk clerks offered a free meal for our troubles, but refused to put us in another room. Also, the pool was closed and the breakfast was terrible. The staff did not make coffee and the food was not the best. Overall, this was a terrible experience. Right next door to the hotel is a Fairfield Inn (I believe) which looked much newer and nicer, I wish I had gone there instead.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

I traveled 1000 miles all over Wyoming and this was my final stay of my short 4 day trip. After driving five hours from Northern WY to Southern WY I got in a pretty late and was greeted very well by the hotel check-in gentleman. He took care of me and was very courteous and friendly. Normally when you come in late the staff is grouchy and not very pleasant, but this was not the case here.

My room was on the 2nd floor, had a big room and really nice big flat screen TV. I had my own living area and it was easy to tilt the huge TV my way so I wouldn't have to watch from the bed. This room had a mini-fridge and micro which I did not use, but would have been nice had I not had my own cooler with me.

The area is not the easiest to get into at night, but it was near Outback, Home Depot and another hotel. I really slept well and wish I could have stayed longer.

I've stayed at the other Holiday Inn down on I-80 before but had skipped out on the Express in my last visits, but that won't happen again.

The breakfast was typical of what HIEx are offering nowadays, but free food is free food and I'm not going to complain about it.

There are railroad yards nearby, but honestly I did not hear much noise once I was in my room.

This is a great place to stay and on my next trip I will definitely make plans to stay here and not down I-80.

• Liked — Friendliness of staff
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Florence, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

Stayed here during our cross country move from Seattle to South Carolina. Nice exterior look with decent size room and good breakfast. Nice staff that were courteous and attentive. Only concern was location which is not bad and near eating places but also near railroad tracks.

• Stayed June 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

We chose this hotel because of the proximity to the freeway. Unfortunately the part of town the hotel is in is not great and there is only a mediocre Outback restaurant nearby. The hotel itself was excellent, the room bigger than average and very well furnished. Breakfast was the usual plastic affair with no fruit, but overall, great value for money.

Stayed August 2008
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night on our way to Colorado and it was great. We had an executive suite. Unlike some "suites" that are hardly larger than a regular hotel room, this was very large! We were traveling with friends and between the 2 families there are 11 of us. We were able to comfortably get all 7 kids around the TV while the 4 adults played cards at the table. The room was in the shape of an L. One leg of the L had a queen size pull out couch, chair w/ottoman, work desk with office chair, a small table with 3 chairs, microwave, refrigerator, sink and coffee maker, and a huge 3 drawer dresser with a large flat panel TV on top of it. The other part of the L had a king size bed and then connected to the bathroom. About the only negative I saw was that the caulk around the tub was starting to crack and discolor. But otherwise the room was very clean!

In addition, there was wi-fi internet access in the rooms, a good size pool and hot tub, and expanded continental breakfast! The breakfast was great, besides usual continental breakfast items there was biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, bacon and warm cinnamon rolls.

The staff was very friendly and helpful! When I spilled a large glass of red wine on my shirt and pants, they gave us some great tips on getting the clothes clean and directions on where to buy detergent. The hotel is just off I-25 and a bit north of I-80 so convenient to the freeways but a bit of a drive to downtown. But we were able to walk to the Outback for dinner.

We would definitely stay here again!

• Liked — large, clean room, great continental breakfast, wi-fi
  • Disliked — really, there wasn't anything I was dissatisfied with
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Salt Lake City, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

This hotel is great. The beds are comfortable, the pillows - you get to choose between soft and firm! The pool was cold. The breakfast was great! It was also very quiet. There are smoking rooms at this hotel. You could not smell the smoke in the lobby but you could in the elevators. I was a little nervous about that - but when we stepped onto our floor and the elevator doors closed you could not smell it. There was a flat screen TV in the room and lots and lots of channels. I think I had my best night sleep of our vacation that night. There is an Outback Steakhouse across the Hole Depot parking lot. You didn't hear sounds from the other guest rooms.

• Liked — The beds
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cheyenne? Share your experiences!