“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cheyenne

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cheyenne to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cheyenne
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 Fleischli Parkway, I-25 Exit 9, Cheyenne, WY 82201   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Cheyenne
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The staff was very friendly. The room was clean. There is an indoor swimming pool so that was a + for our eight year old! They have a nice breakfast area. Would stay here again if we are in the area! Easy to check in and out. And it smelled nice too!!

Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Came here on a work trip and stayed for a few weeks. Rooms have nice bedding and space, large flat screen tvs, desk, microwave and minifridge. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Things I enjoyed: nice workout facility, close to I-80, spacious room, and laundry. Things I didn't care for: close to the train, average breakfast choices, loud TV in breakfast area, and construction work going on at hotel. The noise didn't disturb me during the day as I was out all day, but made parking problematic and the stay not nearly as luxurious. However, I"m sure the place will look great afterwards.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cheyenne, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Hmm6789,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for any shortfalls you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Whitstable
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was the last stop of eight on our road trip around Colorado, South Dakota and Wyoming and I have to say that it was a good end to a great holiday. We only stayed for one night before our final journey down the I-25 back to Denver, which was conveniently located just down the road from the hotel.

The area the hotel is located in is nothing special and we had a lovely view across the car park to the Home Depot from our room! However, there was an Outback Steakhouse a short walk away from the hotel which was handy as the hotel itself does not have a restaurant.

The room allocated to us was huge which was useful for the final packing of the suitcases. It was spotlessly clean and had all the amenities we required. It was nice to see Bath & Body Works White Citrus toiletries in the bathroom - I had bought the body spray and moisturiser earlier in the holiday as I liked the fragrance so much.

Many of the previous reviewers had complained about the noise from the trains - yes, they did extended whistles as they went past (hopefully for a purpose rather than to annoy) but they didn't really disturb our sleep. What did wake me up early in the morning was the clanking of what I assume were water pipes as the early risers started to have showers.

There was a reasonably good choice for the included breakfast - I was happy with the cereal, toast and orange juice - and it was all well presented.

Overall, we had a good but brief stay at the hotel and it suited our purposes.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Park City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The train passing close to this HI Express is a factor when considering this hotel. The hotel itself is a typical HI Express with nice, comfortable beds and staff. Breakfast was good but I heard several people talking about the railroad noise. There must be a stop for the trains nearby. There are several other hotel in this very area so I would not stay at any of them.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cheyenne, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear fuz13,

Thank you for your review. We are very glad that you were able to use the location of the hotel to your advantage during your stay here. We strive to exemplify comfortable and relaxing environments with all the amenities you need and more, and I am sorry this was not provided for you particularly with the outside noise. We are always working to improve our hotel so your comments and suggestions have helped.

Thank you again for staying with us and please let us know if there is anything you need during your next stay.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lockhart, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We made a reservation via internet. We were in a traffic jam due to road construction and we were hours late arriving in Cheyenne, our cell phones were not getting signals. When we arrived the front desk was wonderful and was able to confirm our reservation. Pleasant staff. Enjoyed our stay

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

There is a train that goes by ALL night long from midnight to 7am. It's unbearably loud and disruptive. Our room was saturated with smoke. The plumbing was outdated and worked poorly. The room was stifling (hot). It was small beyond belief and old and poorly maintained. Stay far away!!!

• Stayed August 2013
judy c, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cheyenne, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your concerns with your stay at our Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites in Cheyenne,Wyoming. Your feedback is very valuable to us! I am sorry your stay was unsatisfactory; as for the train noises: due to the diligence of the railroad company,the city of Cheyenne,and several of our hotel partners, construction is set to begin soon to help alleviate the noise issues caused by the trains.
As our hotel is a non-smoking facility,I was saddened to hear it smelled of smoke. I wish I had known that,as I would have taken steps to correct that issue for you. We are only a little over nine (9) years old,however,due to the dedication of our management company to give our guests the very best,we are scheduled for a complete remodel starting in November of this year.
Again,I sincerely apologize for your unsatisfactory stay.
Judy Cuthbertson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed from July 25-28 for the Frontier Days celebration. Our check-in was smooth and our king mini-suite ready. We were invited to enjoy the little dinner buffet which consisted of spicy wings (very) and BBQ pulled pork along with macaroni salad, potato salad, brownies, cookies, and drinks. It wasn't haute cuisine but it was hot, filling, and flavorful. Ou room was quite spacious and well appointed. The water pressure in the shower was good. The refrigerator kept our drinks really cold. My only negatives would be that on our second day, we had to request towels as the cleaning lady did not leave any(?!?!) and you better get down rather early for breakfast because the early risers wipe it out. We just went to a restaurant and got breakfast instead. Wasn't A big issue to us but might be to others so FYI. The location of the motel is handy to just about everything as it is at the intersection of the interstates and a major thoroughfare of the city.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely. room was spacious,clean,and cool and a shout-out to Travis for taking care of us. But a warning to fellow travelers: be prepared to pay approximately TWICE the normal rate during the rodeo and frontier days. To us it was worth it, but it might not be to others. :-)

Stayed July 2013