“Way over priced” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Cheyenne
Chadron, Nebraska
“Way over priced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Last minute we decided to stay at this hotel. Not the best decision. The owners were nice. Rooms were dirty. Our door did not properly lock. Air conditioner was falling out. Worst part was we paid over $160. This was Cheyenne Frontier Days weekend. Best part, the owners did pick us up from Frontier Park at midnight.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Don't waste your money on this out-dated smelly, dirty place. I didn't think the elevator was going to let me out or even make it off the ground floor. The hallways are smelly and everything just felt and looked dirty including the room. Parking is miserable. I would rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Cheyenne, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I am having trouble canceling a reservation. they refuse to give me the owners number to complain. very very poor service. do not stay here ever. this company should be shut down. it is sad how this company has so many poor reviews and is still is in business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

I would like to echo the other bad reviews. This hotel is a dump -- rooms are dirty, outdated and in need of being completely remodeled or demolished. The only nice thing about this place is the staff. They are friendly but obviously not skilled in running a hotel. I only gave the hotel a "1" rating for cleanliness because "0" was not an option. We were afraid to sleep in the beds. If it hadn't been so late we would have gone somewhere else. We slept in our rain gear to help avoid getting bed bugs or an STD and didn't put anything on the floor. Never even considered using the shower. Air conditioning doesn't work either. Although we didn't find a dead hooker under the mattress, it wouldn't have surprised me if we had. This place was the worst ever. Knock it down!

• Stayed August 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I absolutely cannot see how this place has not been shut down by the city health dept. I appreciate older buildings; this place is "RUN" down. I tried to get out, but they would not allow me to cancel because I had purchased online. And to switch rooms I was going to get charged more per night. I was stuck. The sheets are original to the beds that came out of a "Marriot". So the beds were salvaged from a hotel who decided those beds were not good enough. The pillow actually stunk, I had to go to Walmart and buy my own sheets and pillow, it was bad. The lamp in the room...had been broken...and glued back together...missing some of the pieces. The bathroom had a ceiling that was falling down, no trim around the light fixture, just drywall and metal above the shower. The shower had tile repair done three to four times, all with different color tiles so it was obvious they repaired it severl times. It was like they didn't care. And the topper...a drywall repair...a piece of drywall simply screwed into the wall over the damage in the wall...no paint...not a repair...but covered it. The window unit a/c would not work until the filter was taken out of it...guess what color it was? If you can find another place to stay...go there!

Room Tip: My tip for someone to chosse a good room, find a different hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Key west
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

a great name for a dirty place
we had booked but we did not stay everything was dirty
very unfriendly welcome

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbia, MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

This hotel was a gem many years ago when it was called The Downtowner Motor Inn. They had valet parking and a top notch restaurant. Then it was utilized by the Union Pacific railroad to house their train personnel out of North Platte and Rawlins. It is now nothing more than a filthy, bug-infested DUMP! The railroad no longer uses it and anyone who does regrets it I assure you. I will not bore you with the details, but I would not stay here again even if the price of the room was $20. I might do it for $10, but I'd be sure to have my own bedding, towels and locks for the door. Location is great for downtown Cheyenne, but EVERYTHING else from hospitality to cleanliness is TERRIBLE! Go ahead and sleep here, I dare you!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Central Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!