“Rip off!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Cheyenne

Motel 6 Cheyenne
You added Motel 6 Cheyenne to your Saves list
Motel 6 Cheyenne
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1735 Westland Rd, I-25 at Exit #9/W Lincolnway, Cheyenne, WY 82001   |
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Cheyenne
“Rip off!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Room is tiny. We were only allowed two full beds because they don't allow king size bed rooms for extended stays. The supposed "free wifi" you have to pay 3.00 a day for, along with an additional 3 dollars a day for a mini fridge and microwave in your room. Other than that, the shower is nice and beds aren't uncomfortable. But we will be looking into cheaper extended stay places with bigger rooms. 390 a week is insane for the quality of this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dover, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The train noises were comforting to us. We both grew up around the train whistles; so it was like a sweet lullaby to us. The room was clean and smelled fresh. We had our showers, made contact with home, signed up to review The Mansion we stayed in on Tuesday, then slept well and woke refreshed. We are on the road again and chose our next stay at a Motel 6 in Elko, Nevada, working our way to Humboldt family & friends!!!!
Happy, Happy- Joy, Joy!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Cheyenne, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is about the 4th time we've stayed at this Motel 6. It is always CLEAN, which is commendable in my book...I've stayed in "nicer" places that weren't as well kept. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Had booked for 2 nights, then had to add a third for unexpected business--no problem with adding, and housekeeping serviced our rooms everyday with clean towels and sheets, soap, and trash removal. Housekeeping staff are very gracious and accommodating. Carpets are always vacuumed! Pets are welcomed for no extra charge. We will definitely stay again when we have to travel to Cheyenne for business.

Room Tip: Accessible rooms are great...roll in shower with bench in the one we stayed in...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
San Marcos, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

The room was fairly good and I did sleep well with some train noise. Had to call the desk as the bathroom sink was draining extremely slowly. I called two times and they finally showed up and plunged the sink. I asked if i could use the plunger also to make sure it was fixed properly. So i did some work on the sink to my satisfaction. On the night of October 07, 2013, about 10;30 pm my wife and i walked to our rental car to get some very necessary medicine. We were walking fast as no SECURITY is present and my wife and I tripped over a very heavy ROMEX type of extension cord going from a work truck up to the second level , through the guard rail on the 2nd floor and over the walkway to a motel 6 customers door and going under the tenents door to probably charge a battery in the work truck. The electrical cord was NOT lying flat and i tripped fairly violently and injured my left knee that got a little bloodly. My wifes knees incurred bruises. I immediately notified the night manager who refused to come out from the bullet proof glass area and showed her my slightly bloody left knee. The manager said she will notify the tenent to remove the electrical extension cord. The next morning i again told the day manager what happened and she gave me a piece of paper about 3 inches wide by 4 inches tall , very very tiny, to make a written report and document the accident. Well, now it is december 09 and MOTEL 6 has DONE NOTHING , except send me a letter that i will receive a response within 30 business days or 6 WEEKS !!!!! That letter is dated october 24, 2013. Talk about giving a timely response, I think 6 weeks to receive a response from motel 6 is ridiculous. Customer service is very very sloppy in my opinion. I have been a customer of motel 6 in Fresno, Lake Tahoe, Seattle, so. CALIF, Las Vegas, AND many other locations, i have receipts. I am over the age of 65. And the morning after my accident, a different truck was parked with heavy STEEL ANGLE IRON sticking out over the walkway and a distraked customer could lose an eye by walking into this sharp steel at eye level. They admitted to me they hire no security even though the motel was fully booked in october on a week night. Parking is very crowded. CANNOT recommend this motel to anyone.

Room Tip: Avoid a room in the rear area as train tracks and trains are less than 60 feet from the rear of this...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Cheyenne, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear John334188, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize
for your unpleasant stay. We have attempted to contact you and haven't been able to get through. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations Department again so they can route you to the correct person: 1-800-577-3435.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This place is a hole. I know you 'get what you pay for', but this is absolutely worse than other Motel 6s (and more expensive than some, to boot!). It's near the railroad tracks and trucks are coming in and out all night, so it's loud; if you're a light sleeper, you might not get much sleep. (A side note, I think a lot of the hotels on Lincolnway West are near these same railroad tracks.) The door to our room didn't close properly (it was bent at the bottom and left a huge crack) and the blankets were dirty, old, and had cigarette burn holes in them. We got stuck here during the storm last week and the heating in the room wasn't working. Because of this and the crack in the door it was freezing the whole night. It's also annoying that Motel 6s don't have shampoo in the room. Basically it was dirty and felt unsafe. The only upside of our stay was that the lady at the front desk was friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Cheyenne, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Beejeast,
Thank you for taking time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for the noise, cleaniless and maintenance issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Wouldnt recommend this place if you expect to sleep. Trains go by every fifteen minutes. Other than that it is ok. rooms are kinda small but clean. Most of the hotels in the area should be condemned so at least theres nothing sleeping with you. probably wont stay here again just because of the sleep factor.

Room Tip: The trains dont just drive by. They blow theyre horns also from like a block away.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed in the this property on a very rainy night after getting soaked on the motorcycle ride from Fort Collins. First thing I noticed was the smell of the unit. A dirty kind of musty smell. Took me a while but I finally recognized the smell as old, musty, dirty dog. As I took off my wet riding gear I could not help but notice that my bare feet were sticking to the floor. Old musty, dirty dog was all over everything. Now that smell was all over my riding gear. Spent the next two hours cleaning the floor and my riding gear till the room was tolerable. Went to bed and the first thing I noticed as I drew the covers up was the dog had slept on the bed and the smell was on the blankets and covers. Slept without covers under sheets alone.

If this Motel 6 expects to compete for the business in the moderately priced lodging niche they will have to be get better than this one. I have stayed at other Motel 6 franchises ( Missoula, MT) and they are managing just fine.

Stay away for now.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you accept it. Use your nose!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Cheyenne? Share your experiences!