“Friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 30 hotels in Cheyenne
The Dalles, Oregon
“Friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The staff works hard to make each guest feel truly welcome. The rooms are pretty standard and what you expect from a Hampton but the service is a cut above.
One thing I especially appreciated about the room--you could open the window. I like a bit of fresh air at night and so many hotel rooms are stale and rely on air conditioning. It was nice to breathe in some clean Wyoming air!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Toby I, Guest Services at Hampton Inn Cheyenne, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn during your recent stay in Cheyenne. We are always pleased to hear postive reviews about our customer service. For the Cheyenne Hampton Inn, nothing is more important than our guests feeling welcome and at home. We will look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Cheyenne.

229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was a highlight of our trip home from Arizona. We arrived to be greeted by two very friendly employees. After we recieved our key my husband asked for a recomendation for food and he explained we would like something close because we were tired. The young lady recomended a chinese restaurant. She also suggested we could bring the food back to the room and relax there if we liked. She had just called the Chinese restaurant herself and ordered food that she planned to pick up and offered to pick up our food also if we chose to eat Chinese. We decided that would be great. We ordered from the front desk and she picked up our food and delivered it to our room. That was just fantastic. I am ashamed to say I didn't get her name but it started with a D, I hope she gets recognized for going the extra mile for us weary travelers, She was so happy and friendly and should be recognized as a great employee to have on staff!

Room Tip: Everything was great
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Toby I, Guest Services at Hampton Inn Cheyenne, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure to go above & beyond. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Cheyenne. And FYI - the guest services employee's name is Belem. The Cheyenne Hampton is fortunate to have her. Thank you once again.
Edmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This hotel does a nice job of meeting the business travelers needs. I would give it an excellent review but feel the price of rooms is a bit high for the location. Otherwise a decent hotel on the south side of Cheyenne.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review & recent stay with the Hampton Inn in Cheyenne. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Of course, all of our guests are important to us; however, guests traveling & visiting Cheyenne on business are given special priority here at the Cheyenne Hampton Inn. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Cheyenne.
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I can reiterate what many other reviewers have said: Yes, this is an older Hampton Inn that isn't as fresh looking as it could be. Yes, the location is near freeways and not within walking distance to many restaurants. From the moment we walked in the door it was the staff that made our stay so pleasant.
We really felt we were welcomed into a family home- everyone from the front desk staff to the management to the maids were friendly and welcoming. We were told our stay was guaranteed and if we had any issues to please let them know.
We didn't. I did read the review about someone who said their room wasn't clean. Our rooms were fine and what we expect from Hampton, and I'm not sure why they didn't ask to be moved or have the cleanliness addressed during their stay. This staff is so accommodating I am sure it would have been remedied.
The breakfast was what I expect and there were more options than I usually see at Hampton. What made breakfast even better was the woman who was working as hostess- what a delight she is to spend a few moments with.
We had rooms on the odd numbered side and had no issues with noise at night. The bed was a little soft for my personal taste, but I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn during your recent visit in Cheyenne. We are always delighted to hear about our team going above & beyond to make our guest feel at home. Our top priority is to make you feel at home. We are privelaged to have Ms. Mae (Breakfast Attendant), and we are pleased that you enjoyed her company. Again, thank you for review & we will look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Cheyenne.
Laramie, Wyoming, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay. The staff is friendly and accommodating, all you need do is ask. I have read a couple other reviews, and I must say that complaining about the "soft" water is a first that I have ever seen. I actually enjoyed not having hard water issues for once. This is a must visit if you are going to be in the Cheyenne area!

Billings, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Upon checking in we were very pleased to be greeted by Toby. He was friendly, thorough in making sure we knew the amenities the hotel offered, explaining where to park and easiest way to get to our room, and even went on to talk about the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.

We were happy that this hotel understands what it means when a customer asks for "a quiet area of the hotel, top floor," as our room was on the top floor at the end of the hall. The room was spacious and SO clean!! In fact, the morning we were checking out some of the rooms were having the carpet shampooed. Thank you for the free wi-fi and the fact that it doesn't kick you off every half hour.

The breakfast area is very clean, well stocked with coffee, tea, etc throughout the day and night ~ the morning breakfast was hot and plentiful although I wish that some lean meat such as ham would have been available - I would like to see another protein choice besides rehydrated eggs.

We did try the gym. I suggest that the hotel invests in some new machines (there are 3) as the bike is uncomfortable (and neither of us could make it comfortable) and the other two pieces are simply older. In all fairness though, there was a sign stating that the hotel offers a complementary pass to a local gym.

While in Cheyenne we will stay at this Hampton Inn again because it is spotlessly clean, the price is right, and the employees are so welcoming!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Given that there are not a whole lot of choices in Cheyenne for hotels, this place has to be one of the top choices. Overall it was a typical Hampton Inn. Nothing out of the ordinary but because the surrounding area offers very little in the way of competition, this place gains a special advantage against the other folks. The front desk staff was exceedingly nice and one of the girls there was especially chatty. The free included breakfast was standard Hampton Inn fair but I was surprised and very pleased to find a little bag of candy waiting in my room for me when I got there. I'm talking good candy like miniature Snickers and Twix not hard candies.  This hotel isn't particularly far from anything but it's not walking distance from anything outside of Home Depot and an Outback restaurant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Cheyenne? Share your experiences!