“Great place for anyone including families” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 12 Activities in Cheyenne
Type: Ranchs, Ranch & Farm
Prairie Vilage, KS
8 attraction reviews
“Great place for anyone including families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I reviewed this Ranch in more detail under "Terry Bison Ranch Resort" on Trip Advisor.... Great Old West , rustic charm, amazing scenery. Horseback trail ride a must, hope you get Preston as your guide!! Food is very good, opening a breakfast area on July 1st! Enjoy!!

Visited June 2013

Denver, Colorado
8 attraction reviews
“SO FUN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great animals, lots to do, while we were there a wedding was taking place -- it looked so cute.
We didn't get a chance to take the trolly out to see the bison (time restrictions), but I will definitely go the next time I'm through. The restaurant is open 7 days a week, Best Burger in Wyoming according to the Food Network!

Visited May 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
4 attraction reviews
“Restaurant review - smoking allowed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The attractions at the ranch are fun and it is always a good time going on the tour and checking out the animals, but if you are going for a bison steak dinner, be aware that smoking is allowed in the bar and the bar is not separate from the restaurant. I had forgotten that smoking is allowed in the county so when we walked into the restaurant we noticed the smell of smoke immediately. Great news if you are a smoker or smoke doesn't bother you, not so much for non smokers. The food is good, albeit a little pricy, we spent $80 on 2 buffalo sirloin steak dinners and 2 glasses of wine (includes tip). I always enjoy the ranch because it can be a truly western experience, smoke in the restaurant and all, but don't go expecting chic and you won't be disappointed.

Visited April 2013
Belmar, New Jersey
“Different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

While staying in Cheyenne for a few days, I looked up attractions and decided to try this. We went on the train ride through the ranch to see all the animals. James was our guide, we where Lucky enough to be the only ones on this tour. James was very informative and when we stopped to feed the Bison, it was so enjoyable we stayed with them quite a while. Meet Shovel, one of the Bison, I was feeding him most of the time (he was dominate) what a gentle giant, he took the food so gently from my fingers. Not something everyone gets to experience, I would recommend highly for all....

Anne & John
PS...Say HI to Shovel for me!

Visited April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
31 attraction reviews
“Simply superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

There is something very therapeutic and blissful about being among a herd of bison. Perhaps it is the majesty of the beautiful beast or their calmness. Either way, it is one of the must-do activities for me when I am in bison territory.

Terry Bison Ranch Resort is bison heaven. The ranch has more than 5000 bison roaming around 38,000 acres of land. But you don't get to see all five thousand of them, unless you take an entire day and wander out across the 38K acres. They have a few dozen bison in an enclosed area only for showing purposes. This is where the fun happens. You take an open trolley, pass ostriches, alpacas, and horses, and arrive at the bison area.

Bison may look stupid, but they know the trolley brings treats. All of a sudden dozens of bison get up from their lazy state and walk to the trolley. Our guide brings out a large bucket of treats (made of alfalfa) and they wait for him to throw the treats in their direction. Some bold and social bison come close to the trolley, it's like they are asking to be fed. The guide points out which ones are more social than others and hands over a few treats for you to hand feed them. The bison were happy to receive treats and I was happy to hand feed them.

Besides the animals, the ranch also offers horse back riding in the vast hills, a "dude ranch" experience, and a restaurant that supposedly serves great farm-raised bison. You also have a made-up western town for the kitsch factor. You can camp your RV or rent a lodge overlooking the hills and bison herds.

Thank you, majestic beasts, for helping me relax and gain some calmness in my (currently) chaotic life. I will always be appreciative of the fact that you trusted me and let me get close to you.

Visited June 2012