“So clean I thought it was new” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Cheyenne
Cheltenham
“So clean I thought it was new”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Not until I read the reviews did I realise that this hotel has been renovated, I thought it was a new hotel. The room was well equipped and everything was very clean. It was located off the Interstate but easy to find. Breakfast is the same fast food as al the other hotels in this price range. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed here on business & brought my son. Excellent option close to shopping mall & restaurants. Arrived to a warm cookie & milk reception. Nicely updated rooms with all of the needed amenities. Pool/hot tub area was clean & loved by my son. Hotel gym was well equipped and had new equipment. Breakfast was excellent. Eggs & sausage tasted home made and had cheese/salsa options plus first hotel breakfast that had greek yogurt. Staff were exceptionally friendly & helpful. Left a jacket here & they were great about getting it back to me. Will stay again for sure if in Cheyenne.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We were here in this same hotel last year, when they were in the middle of a renovation. The service was good but the place was a mess. Now we had occasion to be back in Cheyenne and stayed there again. What an improvement! The lobby and breakfast area have been opened up to one large room and much more nicely decorated. More options for breakfast including sausage, eggs, gravy and biscuits,along with the cereal and oatmeal they had before. The rooms also much nicer and more comfortable. Very comfortable.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is my third stay for business at this location and I have been very pleased with the staff and the location. It is a very popular place, several of my co-workers could not get reservations each time we were in town. The staff is very quick to respond to, and settle any issues that arise. Mine most certainly was. I was given an explanation and assurances that not only would my issue not arise again, but they were going to start training all staff so that my issue would not happen to others. The beds are comfy and there are lots of pillows. The rooms have flat screen TVs with good reception and nice selection of channels. I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: smallest room (tiny) is right next to elevators, room 208 or 308, avoid them if you can.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
mainlinegirl610
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Our group stayed here on a walking/bus tour. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. The room was a good size and extremely clean. The pool was fresh and clean (although the pool water could have been a few degrees warmer). There was also a nice hot tub. There was a god selection for breakfast. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Have stayed here in the past and I wanted to update review. The hotel has been almost totally renovated. The rooms and lobby have been refreshed with more modern décor and although full, the hotel seemed quieter during my three night stay. As far as Fairfield interior's go this is one of the better ones now that it's renovated.

Front desk is mostly very good and welcomed me back at night. It is located next door to Applebee's and close to several chain restaurants and across the street from the mall. There is a good Italian local restaurant around the corner with good pizza.

I was tempted to give it 3* but due to a problem I had with housekeeping and in the end with management I couldn't. I left a bag in the room on the floor (not in or near the trash) with some toiletries and a small suede bag of jewelry in it. I've traveled extensively with this large waterproof bag for years. It holds my larger toiletry bag in my luggage (which I hang in the bathroom on arrival) but is largely empty except for some small items, lotions and jewelry when I'm in the room - it's not an empty bag!

When I packed up on my final morning I noticed this bag was gone. Obviously, housekeeping had taken it and probably thrown it away. It had to have happened on the 2nd afternoon (I had it on the second morning). I was shocked. Housekeeping should never throw away items in the room on a stay over that are not in the trash! I had not checked out. I was sick -- it wasn't the value of the items, which were worth around $1000 but the sentiment; a sterling mother's day necklace with kid's initials, nice ring from anniversary trip to NY, etc. I know what you are thinking -- why didn't you put it in the safe? I agree, but I don't think there is a safe, and my problem is that the entire big bag was taken, and I don't think it was stolen, I think it was thrown away. I notified the front desk and said I was willing to even go through their trash if there was a chance it could still be there. They said it had already been collected and didn't appear too concerned. My initial call to the manager when I got home seemed promising saying she would call me back but then no return call after repeated attempts on my part. I take partial blame, but their housekeeping should not have taken the bag under any circumstances.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cheyenne, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear JbmWyoming,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Once again please accept my apology for what happened. I attempted to contact you and did leave a message, I apologize if you did not receive it. I have had my entire staff search the property but we were unable to find your bag. I have spoken to the staff that cleaned your room, they have no recollection of throwing away the bag you described. I feel absolutely terrible about this and urge you on future trips to take advantage of the hotel's safe. My staff will continue to keep an eye out for your bag and it is my hope that we can find it.

Delinda J.
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel is situated near the local airport, however, the rooms are quiet and very new. I'm not sure if this hotel has been re-decorated recently. There are many shops and restaurants nearby, so no need to drive anywhere.
Car parking is free and many spaces available.
Very quick check-in. The room has a microwave oven, fridge, all the necessary amenities, and the most comfortable beds ever!
Breakfast is included in the room rate, and the area is wonderfully serviced by this lovely lady whom I didn't take the name, but was ever so friendly!
One thing that made this hotel special was that I observed the General Manager asking everyone at the breakfast room if everything was ok with their stay. That made me feel a valued guest. I think there are many Marriotts that should learn from this lady! She even helped me with directions to downtown when asked at the desk.
In a nutshell, a hotel I would definitely stay again, should I come back to Cheyenne. Thanks!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 322. I loved my room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Cheyenne? Share your experiences!