“Won't include Cheyenne in my plans again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Guest Ranch Motel

Guest Ranch Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cheyenne
Guest Ranch Motel
1100 W Lincolnway, Cheyenne, WY 82001   |
Ranked #20 of 30 hotels in Cheyenne
Nebraska
“Won't include Cheyenne in my plans again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

Since we're "budget travellers" arriving in Cheyenne late on a Thursday night we checked out Motel 6, then the inausupicious Luxury Inn - both full. We looked into probably 7 other hotels in the area and they, too were all full. The desk clerk at the Days Inn told us that construction workers filled all the hotels. We went "deeper" into town and finally found space for us at the Guest Ranch.
This place is old and in a run-down area of town. Although the room had old panelling and old, dated furnishings, it was fairly clean. It's also old style where you can drive up to your door. Basically our type of place except for the price - dang near $100! That's outrageous for a 50 year old, un-refurbished motel with absolutely no amenities - zilch. The lady at the desk was nice enough and put us into a "family room" but, frankly, we were gouged - big time!
Had I not been charged double the actual value of that room, it would have recieved a much better review. I find out later that this is the "culture" of hotels in Cheyenne - the prices go up as the rooms fill up - I can only imagine what it's like during their Frontier Days. Guess I won't be finding out first hand becuase I won't be coming back to Cheyenne - good riddance to the whole cheating town.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
WYO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2009

I was stranded because of weather. Owner was very nice. Room was smelly, old and there wasn't one toiletry... not even a bar of soap! Because I was stranded only 45 minutes away from my home, I didn't have a thing! When I called the front desk, he said, "really, there's nothing at all?". With that I thought he would stock the room with the usual things, but all he brought was 2 bars of soap... gee, thanks...
There was a hair comb under the bed and other areas that had been deserted by the cleaners.
It took more than a day for the smell to get out of my things.
Only stay here is there is NOTHING else open!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

Overall, had a great experience. This hotel is older, yet it is kept in good condition. We enjoyed our stay. Our room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Older bedding on bed, but yet clean. We were in Cheyenne during Frontier Days so everything was booked. We were happy to find an open room here. Surprisingly, expensive. We were told that it is the going rate during this festival.
We had a van full of camera equipment and we felt secure parking here. We liked that our car was parked in front of our hotel door.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Guest Ranch Motel? Share your experiences!