“Awsome!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stage Coach Motel

Stage Coach Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cheyenne
Stage Coach Motel
Save Saved
You added Stage Coach Motel to your Saves list
1515 W Lincolnway, Cheyenne, WY 82001   |
Ranked #21 of 30 hotels in Cheyenne
Riverton, Wyoming
“Awsome!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stay here ALOT!!! Atleast once a month. The management is the best we've found, better than most 3-4 star hotels. Friendly, and welcoming, and eager to please. For cheap prices, and for being an older motel, you cant find anything better! Its a 'Home away from Home'. They make you feel like family not just customers. Recommend it HIGHLY!!!!

Room Tip: The room we stay in, we stay in all the time, we have a new bed, and new A/C. They are slowly updati...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Paid for a week under the guise that if we.left early we would be refunded.... so just paid $260 for 2 nights. The owner TOLD me one thing, but then ripped us off! Then, we went back to get our lunch we forgot on the table, and they had taken our half eaten Taco Bell into their office to finish!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Lots of bugs, room seemed unfinished with missing chunks of carpet and no light switch covers. The entire floor was slanted as if the foundation underneath was failing. There was lots of train noise all night and their was no phone,fridge, or other amenities. This room was not worth the 50 dollars we spent. The office was locked when we left in the morning and no staff to be found. I would not recomend this place!

• Stayed August 2012
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

We received a recommendation from another establishment in town, and were very pleasantly surprised! It doesn't look especially promising from the outside, but we found our room to be very clean (!), comfortable and spacious, with two double beds, a microwave, bar refrigerator, a closet, and nice area with a sink/mirror/countertop outside of the actual restroom. Free WiFi and a good cup of coffee were a plus! The proprietor is very kind and helpful and has obviously invested time and energy refurbishing the hotel. It is located between I-80 (far enough not to hear it) and the downtown area, which was very convenient.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

My only reason for writing this review is to encourage anyone who thinks about staying here to think twice. This really was the worst motel I've ever stayed in. I should have realized it wouldn't turn out well given that the front desk had a sign that says you have to pay in advance and that there are absolutely no refunds.

The front desk was dirty and was only lit by the neon "vacancy" sign. That front room had saloon-style doors to a room in the back where the only source of light was the flickering blue glow of a television set. A woman eventually came through the saloon doors to the front desk, seemed annoyed I was even there, and said I could have the last room.

I reluctantly paid (the other hotels in the area were full) and looked for some parking since our truck wouldn't fit in the parking lot. I tried parking next door at the homeless shelter but they told me I couldn't, so I parked in the lot of an abandoned building next to the homeless shelter.

We went in our room, which was filthy and I tried to use the restroom. The toilet was broken and sprayed water all over the bathroom, drenching me in the process. I went up front and asked for another room (yes I remembered she said we had gotten the last room). After I explained how the toilet had now soaked the bathroom in our room, she again seemed annoyed that I was there and, unsurprisingly, didn't apologize for the fact that I too was soaking. She said she'd have someone look at it and gave us the key for a different room.

The second room had a few less insects and rodents (no, I'm not exaggerating) but was equally run down. The door locks didn't really lock and the trains running on the tracks right next to the hotel were a nuisance all night long.

The only thing I liked about the motel was leaving. Please never stay here.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Edgewood, NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

A very nostalgic Motor Inn. Clean, comfortable beds, great water pressure, hot water, microwave, fridge, cable, ice machine. It was about 2 miles from shopping. Great price. It has a large closet for extended stays and a separate, large dressing area. The management was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
breckenridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

The Stage Coach Motel is nice and clean and cheap. Great bathroom, hot water, cheap, and very friendly. Pink tiles in the bathroom. I love this place, and will stay again. I usually stay at the silly chains when I travel. This was WAY better. Very clean. Have I said that?

Been to Stage Coach Motel? Share your experiences!