Save Saved
Ranked #12 of 30 hotels in Cheyenne
colorado
“eh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

height of season Frontier Days pricing was outrageous, but within market ranges. location was good. staff not terribly helpful, just frenetic. missing shower curtain, but apologetic & accommodating. thermostat terrible...fan was off & on all night & kept me up! room was nothing special. 'breakfast' was terrible, coffee nearly undrinkable. Seen the same suite/home-away-from-home concept at Marriott & Hilton properties well worth the extra few dollars.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Iowa City, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I had never stayed at a Microtel Suites and Inn before. This one is very new and was clean, bright and we liked it, however the room is very small. If you use the pullout couch, you can barely move in the room, literally.

Room Tip: Do not stay by the elevator - each time the elevator is used - the whole room/beds shake - a lot. Li...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We booked this room about a week in advance, searching for the best price value. We were very pleased. The rooms were extremely clean. The beds were very comfortable and the tv was a newer flat screen. We were late arrivals and the staff was very accommodating to give us the room we wanted.

The same staff the next morning was still just as friendly as the night before. We had asked for a couple of items, which weren't normally part of the room. They provided with friendly smiles.

The free continental breakfast the next morning was enough of a meal to get us charged for our drive ahead. We even made waffles for the kids in a belgian waffle maker. Fun stuff.

We completely recommend this place whether staying for days or just passing through!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dickinson, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

We had a large family they were able to accommodate us very well. Very nice and comfortable rooms for the price.

• Stayed July 2012
Cheyenne, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I will make my review short and to the point.
*Thin walls- Able to hear everything the neighbors were doing
*Dirty stained carpet- For a newer hotel the carpets were very dirty and stained
*There was a construction crew staying at hotel who were very loud and disrespectful (was very uncomfortable as a woman traveling by herself) they stared at me and then starting talking in spanish about me. This also happend to another female who was staying there. The consrtuction crew hung out in the parking lot by the hotel entrance- drinking beer and having a bbq.
I will never stay here again- I did call the front desk to voice my concern.
I stay in Cheyenne four times a year for my job- I have always stayed at Little America or the Plains Hotel and have enjoyed my stay with no problems. The state recommended this motel. I will attend my meeting today along with my coworkers and inform them of my experience. Spend a few more dollars and go else where.
One last thing- breakfast was awful

Room Tip: If you don't mind a noisy hotel then this is the place for you to stay.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ChyMicro, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cheyenne, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post about your stay. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. We are in the process of recleaning our carpets again which is an ongoing process. Regarding the construction crew that was staying with us, they enjoyed having a bar-b-q outside by the side entrance and tried not to be in any other guest's way. I apologize if them speaking Spanish offended you but we don't discriminate about who stays at the hotel, and we value everyone who stays with us.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 307-634-3200.
Pueblo West, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We used TripAdvisor to look at pictures and reviews of hotels in Cheyenne before going there. I saw a really cute motel...based on photos...and I liked the idea of staying in such a cute place, but intuition told me to pick Microtel. Wow. How smart is intuition! The "really cute place" turned out to be across the street from Microtel and it was nothing by comparison. It looked run down and was right on the fairly active railroad tracks. Microtel was across the street and set back from the street far enough that the trains were not a problem at all. (Most of the hotels in Cheyenne are in this area near the railroad tracks and highway. Microtel seemed to be the BEST situated for quiet.) Also, Microtel was new and clean, the staff was very friendly, the continental breakfast had enough variety that my friend with a gluten allergy was able to find enough to eat just fine, and I LOVED the window seat in the room. It is a nice comfortable cushioned seat. I sat there and read while watching the sun go down one night. Very nice! We will choose this same hotel when we return to Cheyenne again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

I called a bit early for a price while traveling. In addition to my AAA discount, the girl took off another 10% for no reason. The room is clean and comfortable. There is a fitness center, laundry facility and you have access to the YMCA with purchase of the room. Check in was swift. Would certainly stay again and recommend to a friend!

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cheyenne? Share your experiences!