“Great value for location” 4 of 5 stars

Little America Hotel and Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2800 West Lincolnway, Cheyenne, WY 82001   |
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Cheyenne
Buford, Georgia
“Great value for location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I found this via Trip Advisor and booked two nights over Memorial Day weekend. The price was right and the location near the highway was ideal for my expeditions. I had room service my first evening as I had arrived late. The menu had good variety and the meal was good. I didn't take advantage on on-site amenities since I was taking day trips around the area and returning later in the evenings. The rooms are well appointed but the decor is a bit dated. The hotel is excellent for wandering travelers and for families looking to enjoy a weekend trip. I would stay here again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Scott F, General Manager at Little America Hotel and Resort, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Yrkilnme,

I just want to thank you for choosing us, and for commenting on your stay. We're pleased you enjoyed our hotel, and look forward to your next visit.

Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do to help you.

sfrench@cheyenne.littleamerica.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Buffalo, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I was in Cheyenne for meetings at the game and fish and needed a landing spot for a few days. What a pleasure it is to be so well taken care of by this tremendous staff. Food and beverage, the rooms and the conference center are first rate. One crew member I must single out is Fabian in the coffee shop. He is always attentive but more than that he is conversational and it is apparent that he really cares about his customers. Well Done!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Scott F, General Manager at Little America Hotel and Resort, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Pullnleather,

We appreciate you staying with us. Thank you as well for your kind comments, especially recogniziing Fabian - I read your comments to our management team this morning, and will certainly recognize Fabian. Please contact me if there is ever anything I can assist you with.

Genereal Manager
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I was on a business trip to Cheyenne during some of the coldest weather they have had in several years. The moment I walked into the lobby of the hotel, I was greeted by a warming fire in the fireplace, pleasant wood surroundings and welcoming staff. My room was spacious and comfortable. The lounge and restaurant were very good. I attended a meeting at the hotel and the accommodations were great and the staff were ever present to help us with whatever we needed.
I would definitely stay here when I come back to Cheyenne.

Room Tip: Lodge 5 is connected to the main building by a glass encloses walkway so if you don't like to wa...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Bob N,

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to leave your comments. We're pleased you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to your next visit. Please let us know if there is ever anything else we can do for you.

Cheyenne, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We were traveling from California to Wisconsin and saw endless billboards for this hotel so we just had to give it a try. We were delighted by its mid-century vibe mixed with Wyoming class. The rooms were huge and uniquely decorated. Huge bathrooms with ample counter space. The restaurant was lovely, delicious and priced very reasonably. Just a gem of a place on Wyoming's interstate 80. My only complaint was that in the middle of the night the next room as having a very loud fight and I could hear it through the walls like they were in my room. I didn't really mind because everything else was so great.

• Stayed January 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We were on a Western bus tour. This was not on our itineray, but due to the government shut down and unexpected snow in other areas, we were rerouted and stayed at Little America Hotel & Resort. The decor was a little outdated, but rooms and bathrooms were large, clean, comfortable. Grounds were attractive & well kept. The employees were friendly, courteous and helpful. Our dinner in the dining room was excellent. Best meal of our trip. Very nice restaurant.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

After a ten hour drive from Des Moines, this hotel was just what I needed. The front desk staff was courteous and helpful and assisted me in finding just the right room for my one-night stay during December. The room was spacious and the bed superb with at least six pillows and a nice down comforter. The bathroom was clean and also spacious with a microwave, under-counter refrigerator and pod style coffee maker which I used and enjoyed.

I had a relaxing drink at the bar before dinner at Hathaways next door. My top sirloin was perfectly prepared, tender and delicious and not too expensive at $23. My entire stay was excellent and just what I needed to rejuvenate for the next day of driving.

Since I was at the property in the winter, I did not utilize any of the recreational aspects and can't report.

Room Tip: I would suggest asking the front desk for help in selecting a room according to your needs. I asked...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Casper, Wyoming, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stay at the Little America when my travels take me through Cheyenne. I typically enjoy my stay, but for such a large resort, the rooms are completely out of date. The televisions in the rooms are from about 15 years ago, and none have HDMI capabilities. The carpet is usually stained, and the bathrooms are also completely outdated. That being said, I have stayed in some awful places and I will most likely be staying here again since our company has a negotiated rate. I will however avoid the restaurant Hathoway's. Last time I ordered a NY Strip steak, and it was so charred that there was absolutely no way of eating it. I have seen what happens in the food service industry and would not send it back because it would probably insult someone. The restaurant manager actually brought my meal to me, and I was shocked that she actually served me this meal. I mentioned how burnt and charred it was, but the manager would not discount my meal or offer anything. I don't know how anyone would have served this to a customer, especially a manager. So, obviously it is not about making the patrons happy, it's about selling the overpriced meals. Not sure that I will give this another shot, even though I stay here at least once a month.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Scott F, General Manager at Little America Hotel and Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Tristan M.,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about your stay with us. I apologize for the poor experience you've had with us - especially in the restaurant. I'm surprised too that a manager would serve an overcooked meal to a guest. I very much appreciate you letting us know, because this is certainly not what we expect of our staff. I have read your comments to all of our management team, so we can avoid this in the future.

I would love to have you give us another chance. If you think you could, please contact me personally and I will make your arrangements. You can email me or call at the address or number below.

Best regards,

sfrench@cheyenne.littleamerica.com
307-775-8400

Been to Little America Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!