“Dorm Room?” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 30 Hotels in Cheyenne
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Dorm Room?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Didn't go to college and want to experience a Dorm Room? This is the place to go. I don't know how this can be the same company as the Express chain. Bed is uncomfortable, very noisy and scary clientele. Not in best neighborhood either. Go somewhere safer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Shannon F,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is truly regrettable that we were not able to meet your expectations when it comes to room accommodations. We take all comments, whether positive or negative, into serious account as this helps us improve on our services. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information and follow up on your experience.

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Faith R
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Panama City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We decided to stop in Cheyenne during our road trip from Peoria, IL to Cuchara, So we pulled into Holiday Inn, off the interstate. As we were checking in we were asked about our IHG number which we couldn't remember so Amber at the front desk pulled up our account details. We had a few separate accounts that we hadn't used in a while. When we arrived at our room Amber called us and informed us that she managed to get the points all pulled together. It was a wonderful surprise and has convinced us that future stays at Holiday Inn are a certainty. Thank you Amber.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hookstown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This hotel was okay for a one night stop. I felt it was overpriced for all there was. Breakfast was bought in their restaurant, service was okay but the breakfast bar had few options. Dinner in the restaurant was fine, they even made variation to their sandwiches to accomodate my food allergies. Service was good but meals were overpriced.The only plus to this hotel is that it is situated right off of I 80 and just a short distance from the Cheyenne major attractions that I was interested in!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear rosie1051,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the value prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

When I looked online there were some disparaging reviews. They made me concerned. Nothing else better was available, so I booked and stayed. I have no idea what where the negative reviews came from. The one deficiency I found is the same one I complain about regularly: I just don't see how you can be a 3 star hotel without automatic front doors.

Check-in was in a large and spacious lobby. The clerk was efficient and competent. The elevators were in an odd location, and the signage could have been better, but given the layout of the hotel, it was not a major inconvenience.

The room was spacious, the decor was good. The bathroom was clean, the shower was good, hot water was plentiful. The a/c worked well and was quiet. The bed was comfortable, the linens were clean. The room was quiet with no noise from outside.

It was a good hotel. I recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Although the hotels is a little old, the room was nicely updated, well lit and very clean. My room had probably one of the best showers I have had in a hotel. The carpet showed signs of wear that would be expected from a little older hotel. The staff were extremely friendly, professional and personable from check-in to check-out. The hotel restaurant is quite dated. The food was good, but not great. The restaurant staff were friendly enough, but I have encountered better.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Tupelo, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I checked into my room that was no larger than a walk in closet. Asked for a larger room and was moved to one slightly larger but the extra room was not usable. Hotel staff was friendly but made several mistakes during my stay. Wrong hotel receipts were slipped under the door after the first night. Tried to charge a bar tab to my room only to find out I was registered in a different room. Had to make another trip to the front desk only to find out they had someone else registered in my room. Again hotel staff was friendly. The receipt that was slipped under my door on checkout day was for more than double the rate agreed on at checkin. This was corrected quickly. This is an old hotel not one I would recommend. One more thing...two mornings there was no hot water. Staff was not willing to honor the total satisfaction guarantee with any adjustment. Comment was the hotel would not make any money if everyone with no hot water complained.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear Larry H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room layout prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Unfortunately I found myself needing a hotel room in Cheyenne, Wyoming, due to my Mother's unexpected hospitalization. The hospital had mentioned the Holiday Inn. They offered a hospital visitor rate of $69.00 per night. The room was clean and comfortable. The lobby had an office space with computer for use of the guests. They also had a full service restaurant in the lobby and bar as well. The food was outstanding and priced right. The front desk was more than helpful. They also offered a free shuttle to and from the hospital. I gave one of my trip advisor pins to the front desk clerks for A plus service. Almost forgot to add, they had an indoor pool and laundry facility also,

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80? Share your experiences!