“Best hotel I've stayed at here” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #17 of 30 hotels in Cheyenne
Denver, Colorado
“Best hotel I've stayed at here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Desk staff is awesome rooms are clean only complaint was the maid staff needs to not slam doors over and over when cleaning rooms prop them open. Fridge microwave pool very nice Close to places to eat walking distance did not eat at hotel lounge or bar

• Stayed March 2014
JenThayer, Director of Rooms at Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear shamrock200 - Thank you for sharing your experience at the Holiday Inn I-80, Cheyenne. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the hotel. You are so right sometimes the room attendants forget how noisy those doors are when they close. We look forward to having you with us for your future stays in Cheyenne! Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review.

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Parlin, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed here on our way to Steamboat Colorado. It was late, we needed place to sleep. Lady at the front desk was very nice and friendly. Room was old. Pretty clean, but old. There was no breakfast included in the price of 114 + tax, which was too much for that room I think. But at least everybody was friendly.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
JenThayer, Director of Rooms at Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Mayka27 - Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us, your feedback is valuable. It is great you found the staff to be friendly and the room clean. As a full service Holiday Inn, we also offer a full service restaurant for breakfast and dinner which is the reason a complimentary breakfast is not offered. I sincerely hope that will not stop you from staying with us again when you are in the Cheyenne area!

All the Best,
Windsor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Hotel is a little dated, but, clean and very easy to get to from I-80. The front desk is friendly, and a lady named Amber is the best there is.
The restaurant is a little overpriced but palatable. Don't bother w/ the breakfast buffet, rather thinly supplied.
Rooms were worth the price, we saw complaints about smelly rooms and noisy heating units. We did not find that to be true, happy w/ our stay. Nice pool and great central area.

Room Tip: Reservations are recommended, this hotel is popular.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Charles K,

Thank you so much for your positive comments about the Holiday Inn I-80 in Cheyenne. We really appreciate the feedback and Amber was so excited to see you mentioned her. Also, thank you for sharing your comments about the breakfast buffet and allowing us to learn and train from it. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Manhattan, Kansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I called this location several times concerning an upcoming reservation on 14 March. And during this time I was either put on hold, transferred to the corporate offices or hung up on by a VERY rude front desk manager named Liz. Considering taking my business else where after all this.

Stayed March 2014
JenThayer, Director of Rooms at Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Tony S – Please accept my apology for what you experienced at my hotel and if given the opportunity I would like to take care of your reservation needs personally. Your business is important to us and I assure you, I will do my best. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your experience and I do hope you will contact me so I may make this right.
Laramie, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is a basic hotel but with very good service. Limited tv channels, no hot tub, and basic common areas. Bar (weak drinks) and restaurant (ok) on site, again with good service. Overall not worth the price they charge for a room. The only reason I picked this place was the weather was bad and I wanted a place with food, booze, and a room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear ScttLee - Thank you for taking the time to post a review and letting us know you enjoyed the service you received from our associates. We are currently in the process of adding more TV Channels to our lineup with better variety and ability to broadcast major sporting events and prime time events in our common areas. Please consider us again the next time you are in Cheyenne.
All the best,
Saint Joseph
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We were traveling in bad weather and needed a place to stay. The first three hotels we tried were full, so when we were offered a room at this Holiday Inn, we took it. The check in staff was friendly and helpful. But, the lobby, hallways and elevator floors were very dirty. We were relieved to find that our room was clean and comfortable, even though it was in need of some basic maintenance. We were awakened at midnight by a child shrieking loudly in the next room. The people occupying the next room yelled while the child screamed for over an hour before we got angry and called the front desk. The noise didn't subside until well after 2:00 a.m. even though the front desk staff promised to send a security person to ask the people to be quiet. We did not hear anyone knock on the door of the next room, but we heard someone slip a "free breakfast" coupon under our door. When we complained about the noise at check-out, the front desk staff claimed to have called the room to ask them to be quiet. They did admit that the security person "didn't hear anything on the 4th floor" so she didn't ask the noisy occupants to be quiet. They assumed that since we didn't call back, the problem had gone away. We told them we didn't feel like we should have to make a request twice. We were very disappointed in the quality of room and service we received for the price of the room.

Room Tip: If you want to get any sleep, wear ear plugs and leave the fan on in the room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Becky J – Thank you taking the time to share your experience. I am glad you found the check-in staff to be friendly and helpful and I have to apologize for the condition of the lobby and hallway by the elevator. With the snow and ice from the storms we had a hard time keeping up with the salt and dirt that was tracked in from the parking lot areas. I hate to have anyone see us in that condition but it’s good to hear your guest room was clean. You are correct we should have checked on the noise situation further and not assumed it had taken care of itself. I do hope you will give us another try and if you would like to discuss your stay with me in detail I would be happy to hear from you.
All the best,
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Have been staying at this location since it open. Anita made the check in easy. This location is very well maintained. Thanks to all the staff including the one's behind the scenes. It offer lounge. Indoor pool. Plenty food within walking distance. Courtesy shuttle service. Will return. Plenty of parking for all size vehicles.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
JenThayer, Director of Rooms at Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Ureyes,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am so pleased to know you enjoy staying with us and using our amenities. I am especially happy to hear how Anita has done such a great job. She is definitely one of our gems and I will be sure she is rewarded! We look forward to having you with us on your next stay!

All the Best,