“decent” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 30 hotels in Cheyenne
Laramie, Wyoming
“decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is a basic hotel but with very good service. Limited tv channels, no hot tub, and basic common areas. Bar (weak drinks) and restaurant (ok) on site, again with good service. Overall not worth the price they charge for a room. The only reason I picked this place was the weather was bad and I wanted a place with food, booze, and a room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
JenThayer, Director of Rooms at Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear ScttLee - Thank you for taking the time to post a review and letting us know you enjoyed the service you received from our associates. We are currently in the process of adding more TV Channels to our lineup with better variety and ability to broadcast major sporting events and prime time events in our common areas. Please consider us again the next time you are in Cheyenne.
All the best,

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Saint Joseph
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We were traveling in bad weather and needed a place to stay. The first three hotels we tried were full, so when we were offered a room at this Holiday Inn, we took it. The check in staff was friendly and helpful. But, the lobby, hallways and elevator floors were very dirty. We were relieved to find that our room was clean and comfortable, even though it was in need of some basic maintenance. We were awakened at midnight by a child shrieking loudly in the next room. The people occupying the next room yelled while the child screamed for over an hour before we got angry and called the front desk. The noise didn't subside until well after 2:00 a.m. even though the front desk staff promised to send a security person to ask the people to be quiet. We did not hear anyone knock on the door of the next room, but we heard someone slip a "free breakfast" coupon under our door. When we complained about the noise at check-out, the front desk staff claimed to have called the room to ask them to be quiet. They did admit that the security person "didn't hear anything on the 4th floor" so she didn't ask the noisy occupants to be quiet. They assumed that since we didn't call back, the problem had gone away. We told them we didn't feel like we should have to make a request twice. We were very disappointed in the quality of room and service we received for the price of the room.

Room Tip: If you want to get any sleep, wear ear plugs and leave the fan on in the room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Becky J – Thank you taking the time to share your experience. I am glad you found the check-in staff to be friendly and helpful and I have to apologize for the condition of the lobby and hallway by the elevator. With the snow and ice from the storms we had a hard time keeping up with the salt and dirt that was tracked in from the parking lot areas. I hate to have anyone see us in that condition but it’s good to hear your guest room was clean. You are correct we should have checked on the noise situation further and not assumed it had taken care of itself. I do hope you will give us another try and if you would like to discuss your stay with me in detail I would be happy to hear from you.
All the best,
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Have been staying at this location since it open. Anita made the check in easy. This location is very well maintained. Thanks to all the staff including the one's behind the scenes. It offer lounge. Indoor pool. Plenty food within walking distance. Courtesy shuttle service. Will return. Plenty of parking for all size vehicles.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
JenThayer, Director of Rooms at Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Ureyes,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am so pleased to know you enjoy staying with us and using our amenities. I am especially happy to hear how Anita has done such a great job. She is definitely one of our gems and I will be sure she is rewarded! We look forward to having you with us on your next stay!

Fort Qu'Appelle, Saskatchewan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

At check-in we asked what the difference was between a Holiday Inn and a Holiday Inn Express. The guy at the desk, who came across very snobby, said that the Inn has more amenities than the Express, a hotel compared to a motel. The only amenity we were interested in was the restaurant and it was closed the night we were there, had to eat in the bar. The restaurant was open for breakfast but the service was terrible and the waitresses seemed miserable and uninterested in serving us. On a positive note, the waitresses in the bar were terrific. One of the "amenities" I could do without is the restaurant so there could be a free breakfast provided like way lower priced "motels" such as Comfort Inn. Save your money, the "amenities" are not worth the price.

Room Tip: A different place.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
JenThayer, Director of Rooms at Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear QVcoach,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I apologize for the service you received from my desk staff and restaurant server. That is certainly far below our expectations and I am embarrassed by it. I think you probably stayed with us on Super Bowl Sunday and we decided to serve out of the lounge only thinking it would be more appealing to watch the game. Believe me, we learned our lesson and will not do that again. I do hope you will give us another try. I would be happy to take care of you personally for you next reservation. Again, thank you for your feedback. It will be shared with our entire team.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

This place was overpriced and disgusting and did not match it's star rating. The entire first floor smelled like some sort of gas or chemical. The room was old, dirty and smelled like a basement. A truck stop would have been a nicer stay. We left at 4am because we couldn't stand it.

• Stayed January 2014
JenThayer, Rooms Director at Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Donna H,

I sincerely apologize your stay did not meet your expectations. What you described is certainly not up to our standards. I would be happy to discuss your stay with you personally with the hope you will give us another try. Quality and Service are very much a top priority and I appreciate your honest feedback.

Rooms Director
Branson, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stopped here for a night on a road trip. We arrived late, but Lizz at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The room had been recently updated and was very clean. We will definitely stay here when passing through again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
JenThayer, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for your for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. I have also passed your comments onto Lizz for a job well done. When you are passing through again, we will be honored to have you as our guest.
Gillette, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have always had good service here and stay when I have business with the State of Wyoming. The front desk check in is always prompt and accurate. The food in the resaurant is good enough. The rooms are dated and could use some new furniture, but they have always been clean. I will stay there again

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your continued business. I am glad to hear you receive good service and a clean room during your stays. I look forward to having you as a guest in the future as we make changes to enhance the guest experience in our rooms.

Director of Rooms

Been to Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80? Share your experiences!