“Close to Downtown. Accommodating Staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 28 hotels in Cheyenne
Henderson, Colorado
“Close to Downtown. Accommodating Staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn while our truck was in the shop at Freightliner. The hotel staff went out of their way to accommodate our unusual situation. They allowed us a late check-out, then let us hang out in their lobby while we waited on news about how our repairs were progressing.
The breakfast that came with our rate was in their restaurant, and was a nice buffet with plenty of choices. The lobby of the hotel is a nice area with a fireplace and cozy islands of chairs and tables. They also have a shuttle bus.
For runners or walkers, there is nice trail that runs along the Crow Creek, to the north of the hotel on South Greely Hwy. I did a loop from westbound on the trail, up to main street (Lincoln Hwy) to a park around Lake Minihaha, then back to the hotel via Logan Ave and the trail again. Nice six-mile loop.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jack C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We try very hard to achieve excellent customer service and to make all of our guests feel welcome and comfortable. I'm very glad that you were able to experience that. Thank you very much for sharing your comments. I will be sure to share them with the entire staff as well. We hope to see you again in the future if you travel back through Cheyenne!

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Not to sound spoiled, but if you reach platinum ambassador level like I did by staying in a lot of Holiday Inns this place does not understand this concept. The front desk staff looked at me like they wanted to quit. I didn't even get a complimentary microwave to borrow which they rent out for 10$. No free paper view movie, no fruit basket, parking space, nothing. The perks that are adertised on the priority club website. Pretty frustrating but I guess you have to be a royal ambassador maybe at this place to get anything extra.

• Stayed January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Numatic1982,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. As a Priority Club Rewards Platinum member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hotel. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

As a Holiday Inn Platinum Rewards member, the first thing I noticed is that when I requested to be upgraded at the desk upon check-in, the desk clerk gave me a weird look and advised that this hotel does not have suites. This may be true, however, on the floor that my room was on, I noticed a suite called the rawhide suite? Hmmm interesting... Anyway, when we entered our room the first thing wenoticed is the water damage on the ceiling (See attached pictures). After that, we started wondering what we got outselves into. So I decided to go look at the pool and "spa". The pool is small, but somewhat warm. The "Spa" does not exist, but they do have a room with a couple treadmills. Then we ate dinner...I think mine was made earlier in the day and re-heated. My wife's was good however. Needless to say, we will not be back to this hotel, I would recommend other stay at the HI Express. They spoil you over there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jack C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am sorry that, as a Platinum Priority Club member, you did not feel valued by our staff at check-in. It seems that during your stay we did not have any suites available for upgrade and they did not make that clear to you. I have also met with both our Chief Engineer and our Executive Chef regarding the other issues during your stay. Your comments will help us to better our services and our facility. We are continuously trying to improve and I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss anything further.
Farmington, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

tv has very limited programming 6 channels if you dont want to watch sports or news; no ventlation windows dont open no exhaust fan in bathroom good bed &room people were nice restuarant has small menu' high prices" they had london broil on special was very good 12 dollars was reasonable monday night;

Room Tip: if you want to watch tv stay some where else' if you want ventalation stay some where else
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jack C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
I am very happy to hear that our staff was friendly and that you enjoyed your meal in our restaurant. I am sorry, however, that you were unhappy with your room. We have been reevaluating our satellite service and channel selection in the rooms as well as our lobby. I have also passed along your comments to our Chief Engineer to check all heating units and make sure they are working properly. I would like to thank you for your comments so we can use them to better our facility. I hope you will continue to stay with IHG in the future.
Rockingham, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The staff here were great and the rooms were well presented. The location is a little out of downtown but just a short drive. The lobby is very impressive. Only thing was the lack of buffet breakfast in the morning because we had to hit the road early and didnt have time to wait for a cooked breakfast but overall i was impressed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jack C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We are so happy that our staff made you feel welcome and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again if your travels take you through Cheyenne.
Fussa, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The prices are over the top for what the hotel offers. A single room (ranging from $80-130 a night, depending on discounts) includes a bathroom, bed, couch, TV, dresser, work table, iron, and other small amenities. Yet, for this ridiculous price, you do not get a fridge, microwave, anything! If you do want these items, you have to ask the front desk and then you are charged an additional $10 a day for each appliance. On top of this, the front desk only has a limited number to give out so you might be out of luck. Second, they do not offer a free continental breakfast - if you want breakfast, you have to pay ($6 for a basic meal of eggs, juice, toast; more if you want to eat in the restaurant).

Why on earth a hotel would not offer these basic items?? It would seem standard in all hotels, ESPECIALLY for the price you are paying.

On the plus side, the front desk staff are very polite, cheerful, and will happily meet all your requests. I had no problem with them, they are fantastic.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor near parking are loud due to traffic and pedestrians outside in the parkin...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MorganBilek, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
It is wonderful to hear that you were treated so kindly by our staff and that they did what they could for you. However, I am sorry that you were unhappy with the room amenities. Our rooms do not currently have a refrigerator and microwave and we do charge a $10 nightly fee for the refrigerator and microwave together, however, we are willing to negotiate if you are a long-term stay guest. I would like to thank you for sharing your comments. I have taken them to our Management Team and we will use them to better our facility and our services. I do hope that you continue to choose to stay with IHG and hopefully we will see you again in the future.
lancs,england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Only stayed for one night since we were on a long road trip. Staff were very friendly and helpful- on asking front desk to call us a cab to take us downtown we were given a courtesy lift into town, getting good advice from driver on where to visit, eat etc. Got a good nights kip in a very quiet room and enjoyed a hummungous breakfast burrito! Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MorganBilek, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our staff made you feel welcome! We hope that you will stay with us again in the future if you come through Cheyenne - we would love to see you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80? Share your experiences!