“boring&stuffy” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 30 hotels in Cheyenne
Farmington, New Mexico
“boring&stuffy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

tv has very limited programming 6 channels if you dont want to watch sports or news; no ventlation windows dont open no exhaust fan in bathroom good bed &room people were nice restuarant has small menu' high prices" they had london broil on special was very good 12 dollars was reasonable monday night;

Room Tip: if you want to watch tv stay some where else' if you want ventalation stay some where else
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jack C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
I am very happy to hear that our staff was friendly and that you enjoyed your meal in our restaurant. I am sorry, however, that you were unhappy with your room. We have been reevaluating our satellite service and channel selection in the rooms as well as our lobby. I have also passed along your comments to our Chief Engineer to check all heating units and make sure they are working properly. I would like to thank you for your comments so we can use them to better our facility. I hope you will continue to stay with IHG in the future.

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Rockingham, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The staff here were great and the rooms were well presented. The location is a little out of downtown but just a short drive. The lobby is very impressive. Only thing was the lack of buffet breakfast in the morning because we had to hit the road early and didnt have time to wait for a cooked breakfast but overall i was impressed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jack C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We are so happy that our staff made you feel welcome and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again if your travels take you through Cheyenne.
Fussa, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The prices are over the top for what the hotel offers. A single room (ranging from $80-130 a night, depending on discounts) includes a bathroom, bed, couch, TV, dresser, work table, iron, and other small amenities. Yet, for this ridiculous price, you do not get a fridge, microwave, anything! If you do want these items, you have to ask the front desk and then you are charged an additional $10 a day for each appliance. On top of this, the front desk only has a limited number to give out so you might be out of luck. Second, they do not offer a free continental breakfast - if you want breakfast, you have to pay ($6 for a basic meal of eggs, juice, toast; more if you want to eat in the restaurant).

Why on earth a hotel would not offer these basic items?? It would seem standard in all hotels, ESPECIALLY for the price you are paying.

On the plus side, the front desk staff are very polite, cheerful, and will happily meet all your requests. I had no problem with them, they are fantastic.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor near parking are loud due to traffic and pedestrians outside in the parkin...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MorganBilek, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
It is wonderful to hear that you were treated so kindly by our staff and that they did what they could for you. However, I am sorry that you were unhappy with the room amenities. Our rooms do not currently have a refrigerator and microwave and we do charge a $10 nightly fee for the refrigerator and microwave together, however, we are willing to negotiate if you are a long-term stay guest. I would like to thank you for sharing your comments. I have taken them to our Management Team and we will use them to better our facility and our services. I do hope that you continue to choose to stay with IHG and hopefully we will see you again in the future.
lancs,england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Only stayed for one night since we were on a long road trip. Staff were very friendly and helpful- on asking front desk to call us a cab to take us downtown we were given a courtesy lift into town, getting good advice from driver on where to visit, eat etc. Got a good nights kip in a very quiet room and enjoyed a hummungous breakfast burrito! Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MorganBilek, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our staff made you feel welcome! We hope that you will stay with us again in the future if you come through Cheyenne - we would love to see you again.
CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I want to begin by saying that the people who work here are some of the nicest we've met on our trip - particularly in the restaurant attached to the motel. They are helpful, friendly, and very cheerful.

Now for the facility. The lobby is nice and spacious, however our room was awful. I don't know if it is representative of all the rooms or we were just unlucky but the furnishings were shabby and dated, the bed linens pilled and a little rough, there was mildew on the grout in the bathroom, and - worst of all - we had absolutely no ventilation. The AC/Heat would run for about 5 minutes, then shut off and refuse to turn back on without being turned off and back on again. There is also no bathroom fan (although there is a vent). The windows are fixed so the result was, by morning, a overly stuffy not so sweet smelling room.

To be fair, we didn't give the Holiday Inn the opportunity to rectify the ventilation situation. By the time we realized we had a problem, we had already unpacked and changed into our pajamas, so didn't want to deal with maintenance or the possibility of changing rooms.

It wasn't all dismal, however - our room was quiet, the bed reasonably comfortable, and the wifi was strong - especially appreciated after our experience the previous night in another facility when I couldn't get online long enough to accomplish anything.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so happy to hear that our staff made you feel welcome during your recent stay with us. We do strive to achieve excellent guest service and are glad you were able to experience that. However, I am sorry that you were not happy with your room. We have been working hard to update our facility and will use your comments to help us. We hope that you will choose to stay with IHG again in the future and hope that you will stay with us again if your travels take you through Cheyenne.
Colorado Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

They have double beds in the rooms with two beds, which are not big enough for two people to sleep together in. The rooms had newer carpet, newer linen, comfortable pillows, and comfortable mattresses. The ceilings are still popcorn ceilings, so it is an older property, but they seem to have recently updated the rooms. It was a clean and comfortable stay and the room rates were very good. The room was very quiet which was nice. The one complaint was that we went down to eat breakfast at 10 am to discover that the restaurant closes at 10 am so we couldn't have breakfast before leaving. They re-open for dinner but I guess they do not serve lunch. Seems odd for a full service hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MorganBilek, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We are continuously working to provide a comfortable, clean facility with great guest service and are very happy to hear that you experienced that during your stay. Thank you very much for sharing your comments. We value them and use them to better our facility and services. We hope to see you again in the future.
Jackson, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were on a road trip. This was a great place to stop after a long day. It's handy and right off the highway. There was a mixup with our reservation so we didn't get the King room for $99. Instead we had a Queen. I didn't ask about the price, but it ended up being $130. Oh well! We were tired and the bed was super comfortable. We ate in the restaurant...very good! Then tumbled to bed. Had to get up early the next morning to head home! I would stay there again! Easy access to I-80!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are so happy that you were comfortable and enjoyed your stay. I am sorry about the confusion with the reservation and the rate. Sometimes we are not able to guarantee a room type, however, I hope the Front Desk staff helped you with the rate if you mentioned it to them. It's great to hear that you would come back to see us. We'll see you next time you come through Cheyenne!

Been to Holiday Inn Cheyenne/I-80? Share your experiences!