“Not as good as it once was...” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Midland, Texas, United States
“Not as good as it once was...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Have stayed in this hotel once or twice a year for the past 4 years. It used to be the best Hotel in Casper. Once, when I was sick, they took great care of me. However, this is not the same hotel. During my last stay (July 21st-23rd) I found the staff to be unfriendly, the breakfast (which now costs) to be so-so, the rooms to be uncomfortable and unclean. This will be the last time I stay at this hotel. It is a shame to see such a good hotel become run down and unfriendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Did an overnight in Casper en route to Denver from Yellowstone. As we drove up to the Courtyard, we knew we had made a good call. The hotel is only 5 years old and still looks new. They are up for renovation so it will get even better. The check in was quick and easy. The rooms are spacious, very clean and have all the amenities including a fridge and microwave. Thank goodness, as we brought dinner with us and needed to heat it and store the left overs. The one negative are the pillows are a little too soft, which may give you a crick in your neck in the morning. Hopefully new pillows will come with the renovation. Otherwise, the hotel was one of nicer Marriott establishments we had stayed in during our travels to the national parks. Breakfast was the traditional courtyard breakfast buffet for $6.99 a person. This is a great value as there were lots from which to choose. You can even get eggs cooked to order. Please note: they do not serve dinner, so you will need to eat in a nearby restaurant or bring your own food to warm up in the room.

Room Tip: Note: get an even number room if you want to overlook the parking lot and check on your car.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Stayed her for one night as a stopping point. Check in was smooth and fast. Went to room , two queens and a roll out like I asked. Beds were comfortable. Room was on first floor. Lobby was big with plenty of seating. Pool area was clean, plenty of towels on hand.

Now the negatives:
Went to do laundry (on a week trip with kids, need to do!) Washing machine was out of order. Manager did say, it just happened. Walked to pool to find the hot tub was not able to be used due to a chemical imbalance. Sign was posted over the key lock to gain entry. Amazingly nobody read the sign as kids and adults were in and out of the hot tub, maybe tape it off somehow to stop it.
Also I read another review that mentioned hair in the bathroom, we had the same issue!! Come on people SWEEP!!!!!
Would have really enjoyed the stay more if not for these issues.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sheridan, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in May 2012 upon gettting my creditcard bill I find out they charge me $270 for smoking in my room. I have had asthma my whole life and have never smoke a day in my life. They would not take the charge off and said there maid found askes in my room and it smelled like smoke. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I'll start with the pros: The hotel lobby, hallways, and rooms have a very neat appearance at first glance. We stayed in a king suite because we have 2 little kids and wanted the extra room for them. The suite served its purpose. The front desk staff is friendly and usually there are several women there to address your needs.
Now for the cons: 1. The coffee bar in the lobby has the weakest coffee I have ever had. I'm usually one who dilutes coffe with the hot water. Not here by any means. It is almost undrinkable for me. We are here for a week and it has been like this the whole time. It is not just a one-day slip-up for the kitchen. There is a little 2 cup pot in the room. 2. Upon check-in to our room, there was quite a bit of hair on our bathroom floor. It did not appear housekeeping swept the bathroom floor when cleaning. 3. While the towels are in great condition the sheets have those little balls (sorry, I don't know the technical name for those). They appear worn and not very soft in those areas. The mattress is comfortable though. 4. We are on the second floor and below us there is something (maybe an AC unit - I really don't know) that makes so much noise it wakes me up at night. It is very squeaky and quite annoying when I am trying to go back to sleep. I have been awakened on more than one occasion by this. If you stay here, you might request the 3rd floor. Most of what is below the 2nd floor is the kitchen area.
About the surrounding area: The location is nice. There is a Walmart and Target very close to the hotel. There is an On the Border, IHOP, Appleby's, Perkins Family Restaurant very close to the hotel. Several fast food restaurants are nearby as well, although I will not recommend McDonalds for breakfast. We tried them twice and we were not pleased. We will try the Burger King the next time we want fast-food breakfast.
We might possibly be back in Casper again next year and will not stay here. Although we are Marriott Reward members, the cons to the hotel outweigh the benefits of earning points here. We will increase our Hilton points next year and seek out The Hampton Inn or the Hilton Garden Inn. I have never been dissaponted in a Marriott property and we have stayed at many!!! I hope I get a reply from Marriott for this review to let me know of a customer service number I can contact to talk about my experience here.

Room Tip: Request the 3rd floor. Also one side lends itself to a beautiful view of the mountains. The other...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed here twice in May. The first night was great. Nice room. Property seemed well maintained, but the second stay, not so good. First, there was a slight mix up with my reservation, which they had changed themselves and after I confirmed again at check in that I was staying an additional night. Ok, that got fixed, but my room was left uncleaned which I did not appreciate. I don't pay good money to go to a hotel and have to make my bed and take out the trash. Also, during the second stay, the hotel was overrun with soccer families that allowed their kids to run up and down the halls and constantly slam the doors. The business center also had dirty cups laying around. Based on my 2nd stay, not sure I would return. I expect more from Marriott.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

The staff at this hotel was very friendly and efficient. Hotel seems to be quite well maintained, and very clean.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Casper? Share your experiences!