“Best steak I've eaten in YRS!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #71 of 137 Restaurants in Casper
Casper, Wyoming
“Best steak I've eaten in YRS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I am THRILLED I found the Fort. I had NO idea they were even in business! They need to invest in some tv commercials. They serve HORMONE & ANTIBIOTIC FREE meats! I had the LOCAL grass fed bison ribeye and it was the BEST ribeye I have ever eaten in Wyoming and darn near the best steak (of any kind) I've had ever! They need to improve a bit on their presentation and appetizers & side dishes but this steak makes them my FAVORITE restaurant in town hands down. They are the ONLY restaurant who offers healthy meat options so I'm glad I loved the steak. It was a bit pricey but WORTH EVERY PENNY! I will be a regular customer for life.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hartselle, Al
“Beautiful Decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife and i stopped here for lunch on the way to Montana and Canada. It was recommended to us by the local Harley shop employees. My wife had a rueben and said it was the best one she had ever had. It was just a bit pricey for two sandwiches and water to drink, about $25 and $5 for the tip so $30 bucks total but it was really good and the place was very beautiful inside. I did have to get the waiter's attention for more water and there were very few people inside but he was quick to re-fill my glass.

Richmond, KY
“The Best Part of the Meal was the Bread”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is a relatively new restaurant in Casper just off exit 188B of I-25. Our motel clerk hadn't been there and couldn't give us a any clue. Since it was right across from our motel we went and we both sort of wish we hadn't.

The décor is fantastic with hundreds of fascinating "old west" things hanging on the walls. As we entered a party of eight was ahead of us. There was nobody at the host/hostess desk to seat us. No one showed up for about 10 minutes. It's not that they were busy, because they weren't. It seems as if the operation is totally unorganized. People were running around looking for other people including a teenager in the men's room.

It took about five minutes for a server to approach us and take our drink order. I noticed that they had a drink made with a bourbon made from where we live and asked to speak to the owner or manager. The server said she didn't know if she could do that, and I never got to see the person.

I ordered a Redd's Strawberry Ale and got an Apple Ale instead. The salad arrived after about 15 minutes, but we didn't get any of the homemade bread. When the 12 oz. rib eye steak and baked potato arrived, there wasn't a steak knife and the baked potato was not steaming hot; it barely melted the butter.

There still wasn't any of the bread. When we asked the server for the bread, we got it, finally. The steak was cooked just the way we asked, but was a little fatty and was difficult to cut with only butter knives and was tough to eat. THE BEST PART OF THE MEAL WAS THE HOMEMADE YEAST ROLLS, THEY WERE FANTASTIC!!

It definitely was not worth the price. We are sorry that we didn't drive a little further to one of the other steak houses in Casper.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Great taxidermy display only!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The Fort was within walking distance of the hotel so that is why we decided to go. Great place to view taxidermy and local art and have a beverage but that is all! The food was really bad. The pork chop was overly salted and the asparagus looked like green stringy spaghetti. My BF said he had better on the aircraft carrier. On a positive note, the double cross vodka martini and the full rack IPA brewed in Gillette,WY were both very tasty. Juan, our server, was a sweetheart. He was very attentive and went out of his way to make our meal enjoyable after the kitchen made so many mistakes. Thank you, Juan.

Broken Arrow
“Great Local Color”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Fun restaurant with lots of local memorabilia to provide a real flavor of the city. Food was good and menu provided selections for all types of dietary restrictions. Close to pet friendly motel and within walking distance. Service was good and food portions plentiful.

• Visited June 2014