“decent wings and good selection of draft” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 137 Restaurants in Casper
Thunder Bay
“decent wings and good selection of draft”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Had a late lunch at Dukes -- the bar had good selections of draught beer -- had wings to eat -- they have numerous variety -- had the hot wings ( they would be classed as mild at most places I have had wings before) and garlic -- prefer my wings not too hot - so they were very good and the garlic were very garlicy ( if there is such a word) -- bar had just opened so was very quiet -- will likely return for supper

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Glenrock, Wyoming
“Bar food done right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We heard about a buffet that included ribs and steaks to order. This was the first time they had done a buffet so we decided to give it a try. This was a fortuitous decision for us. Ribs, pulled pork, cornbread, seafood salad, creamed spinach, fried chicken and steaks to order.

This was definitely not buffet food. Everything on the buffet was excellent. Between the three of us, we tried everything on the buffet. There wasn't one dish that we didn't like. The corn with caramelized red onions is not to be missed.

The wait staff did a very nice job and were very prompt with all our needs.

The only concern we had the whole evening was that the steaks were very undercooked. The flavor was excellent but a medium ordered steak came out rare.

We will definitely return and order order from the menu. This one-time buffet allowed us to taste a wide variety of menu items at once.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Casper, Wyoming
“Sad to see changes”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I love Duke's, or rather did. I would have given it a 5 star rating, until this week. But things have changed. I used to come regularly because they offered food that was different than the standard fare that you can get all over Casper. But now they are NO different. They have a new Exec Chef and the changes are disappointing. Lunch fare is the same burgers and chicken sandwiches that are offered all over Casper (and the state for that matter). Will not be going back. Rumor has it I won't be able to anyway as they are said not to be offering a lunch menu pretty soon. Wish the restaurant community in Casper could see the opportunity they are missing out there. Not everyone wants hamburgers every day.

Rancho Cordova, California
“Good Food. Good Price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I didn't want to drive outside in the cold so I had a lunch twice. The food was good (quality and portions) and they had some good healthy choices for sides. I would recommend the panini and the rib-eye burger.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Monument, Colorado
“Great Combination of Bar/Grill OR Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is an unusual combination of a very good bar and grill with multiple screens for sports fans inside a motel venue (the Ramada Inn) with a separate restaurant sharing the same kitchen but separate menus. I wanted to watch the Sunday afternoon NFL game without the noise of a sports bar. I was seated in the restaurant and found the prices to be more than I wanted to pay for dinner ($15-$25), but was allowed to order off of the bar and grill menu while also enjoying the restaurant salad bar. Nice combination!

The salad bar is a little higher than basic, but fresh and well stocked. The $10 cheese steak sandwhich had a large portion of meat and cheese with more onion rings than I could eat, served with horseradish, lettuce, tomattoes, pickles, etc. It was a very generous portion for the money.

Generally I do not go to a motel restaurant and/or bar and grill. Because I stayed at the Ramada, I gave this a try. Glad I did and will return when in Casper.

• Visited November 2013