“A lot for the price and getting better” 4 of 5 stars

National 9 Inn Casper Showboat Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   100 West F Street, Casper, WY 82601   |
Ranked #15 of 20 hotels in Casper
Fort Collins, Colorado
“A lot for the price and getting better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

Let me explain the rating. If you can afford $65 or more a night you could stay elsewhere. But for around 50 dollars this is a great option. I thought the cinder block construction would give it a jail like feel, but instead it feels solid and keeps room to room noise down.

Extremely dated and some of the furniture feels rickety. However there is ample work space, free (and good) WIFI - great signals - probably could stream a movie. Flat screen TVs. Ample space, microwave and refridgerator. Clean bathroom, clothes hangers, free breakfast, AND they serve coffee before 5am - which is great if you work and travel as much as I do. (And have to pay your own expenses).

Area is kind of seedy, but my 5 series has stayed in the lot and never had any issues.

Probably would not have my family stay here, but for work its perfect.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

A great place to take you hooker or do a drug deal, We didnt get more than a hour of contious sleep. Best we could tell someone had a new customer about every hour next door. loud groups of people.My wife was worried for are safety, And can you believe they vacuum the hall in the middle of the night. By fare the worse night in a motel we have ever had...... Think twice before staying here at any price

Room Tip: Find another Motel
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

The hotel is obviously dated, but the bedding and other features in the rooms are fairly modern. Staff is very friendly. Bigger than usual fridge and microwave in the room. Wifi connection was ok, shower awesome. Room is spacious and in our case there was no significant noise neither from the road or the other guests (and it was a Saturday night). All in all, a great stay, dirt cheap. I'll go there again the minute I'm in Casper.

Room Tip: Just drop by and enjoy the smiles
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Alpine, Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

The room was cheap, and wasn't too bad on first impression. It smelled vaguely smoky and was pretty old, but for the price, we were willing to let it slide. We traveled with a pet, and there was a 15 dollar charge, wich was ok, but after staying there one night we were all itching with fleas or bedbugs or something. it took two months to get them out of our house. I guess that's the price you pay for a cheap pet room

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Casper, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

I was traveling North on I-25 the sign pulled me in showing the price of 44.95 upon entering the lobby we got a refreshing greeting from the young lady at the front desk. She was quick to get us all checked in. Very polite. The front of the building looks alittle gloomy but the lobby was clean and looked nice. When we walked into the room it smelt very nice and the room felt great. The fridge and microwave were very nice to have at our conveince. The next morning I was surprised to see the breakfast selection. There was a variety of sweet and healthy choices to choose from. When we were checking out we were once again greeted with a friendly approach, the front desk clerk was very helpful with directions. the price was very good. The service was very good. If we are ever traveling back this way we will be sure to stop here first.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

Me and a friend made a reservation a month in advance for two non-smoking rooms and received a confirmation number. When I arrived it was found that they only had 1 smoking room with two beds reserved in their system at a higher price than reserved. They told me that the confirmation number didn't help them with the issue. So why do we get confirmation number if it doesn't do us any good? After one friend arrived to check in and found the problem they called us to inform us what was going on. I told then I would call the front desk and give them the reservation number and hopefully it would be straighten out. When I made the call the receptionist was very rude and very unwilling to help. She said she would have to call her manager to see what she could do and she would call me back. Long and behold the receptionist never called back. All of this to an hour to finally get resolved but I am still not very happy that I ended up in 1 smoking room and one non-smoking room when asked for 2 non-smoking rooms 1 month in advance. I am not sure why I even made reservations because when I asked if she had other rooms she said yes. I asked why she couldn't just book that room and she said her manager needed to be involved. I am not sure what our friend was charged for his room but I know when I went to check in the price was a lot higher then the price I booked at. She finally agreed to change the price because I had the paperwork with me. This all seemed to be a big problem because of the lack of being able to one book the room right and two the manager never being around. After the 3 nights stay I was billed 3 days later. The very next day I was billed two more times. I called the hotel and the receptionist was the same one who handled (I use the term loosely) our issue upon check-in. She simply took my name and phone number then stated that she would have her manager call me back "the next time I see her" and the manager never called back. I called the next day and was told the manager was out for the weekend now and there was nothing she could do about it. We are not talking a small mistake here we are talking completely wrongly billed. Finally Monday rolls around and the manager calls and asked for me to send my bank statement in which I did. She said she would promptly return my money of 118.00 once she received my statement. It is now Friday 8/27 and I have not heard anything or seen any sign of my money. I called yesterday to talk to the manager and again was told she was out of the office and would be in around 3 and she would call me. Well guess what still no call, still no money, and I still have no where to turn. National 9 should have a customer service line to talk to someone competent or at least a direct line to the hotel management. Not just the incompetent woman at the front desk. Last year I stayed at the same hotel while vacationing in the area and it was a pleasant experience. Next year when I return I will be looking for a different hotel unless the customer service surprises me with regard to this matter. I am very displeased with the receptionist's handling of this issue as well as the lack of manager. It would sure be nice to her back from someone because I don't know its starting to feel like the National 9 in Casper is stealing my money.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Casper99, Owner at National 9 Inn Casper Showboat Motel, responded to this review, August 31, 2010
Dear Howard1983,

First let me apologize for the service you received at our establishment. As an owner I really do strive to have all my employees offer outstanding customer service. As our apology we would like to refund your entire stay along with offer you a comp room when you come in the future. If you could contact our manager at the property we will make arrangements to get the credit back on your card. It is our hope that in the future you will give us one more opportunity to offer you the service that you deserve.

Again, please accept our sincerest apologies.
K. Howell - Owner
casper
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

The amenities are not the hilton, but the hospitality and service are.. This small hotel has a great staff . If you are traveling for 30 days or more the price is right . Im a traveling nurse and have been at the show boat for three months and they have made my stay away from home very comfortable,always feeling welcome and safe.. They are pet friendly and centrally located 5 min from down town shopping or dinning.You are not just a guest at the show boat you are a friend! Thank you Rebecca, Leah ,Sherry and all the great staff for a home away from home,

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to National 9 Inn Casper Showboat Motel? Share your experiences!