“Excellent Service & Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Parkway Plaza Hotel & Convention Centre
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   123 West E Street, Casper, WY 82601   |
Ranked #16 of 20 hotels in Casper
Irwindale, California
“Excellent Service & Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

For an older Hotel it is well maintained. Rooms were clean, updated and resonably priced. Rooms have fan system that is loud however did not need to use it to regulate room temp. Front desk service was excellent. Location is close to the downtown. Would stay again.

Room Tip: If traveling for business ask for corporate rates.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PaulaR-MGMT, Manager at Parkway Plaza Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and comments about our hotel and staff! We are very proud of our associates and will certainly share your appreciation with them! The Parkway Plaza is still undergoing major renovations in several areas of the hotel, including guest rooms and common areas in an effort to increase guest comfort and overall satisfaction! Your comments regarding the fan in your room have been relayed to our maintenance staff who will take a special look into the issue. We look forward to welcoming you back, should you future travels lead you back to Casper!!

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Worland, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Spacious clean rooms. The pool was enjoyed by all the kids as well as the hot tub. Very pet friendly with a large grassy court yard. For an older hotel the rooms are in great condition. The front desk were helpful and courteous.

Room Tip: Pay cash. Holds are placed on credit cards.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments and review!! We are delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy our indoor pool, hot tub, and other available amenities around the hotel during your stay! I will also be sure to pass your comments along to the Front Desk staff for being so courteous and helpful, as well as our Housekeeping staff regarding cleanliness! The Parkway Plaza management and staff have been working hard at renovations all across the hotel to make our guest's stay more comfortable and enjoyable. We can't wait to see you and your family back at the Parkway Plaza soon! More improvements to come!
La Crosse, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

While the front of the hotel looks fairly new and updated, we were booked in the back of the hotel. The furnishings were from the 1970's and the door to our room only opened about 3/4 of the way because it was blocked by the mini fridge with a microwave balanced on top. There was dust and debris on the floor along the beds and along the floor boards. We went out for a long dinner just to get out of the dingy room and returned to loud banging out in the hallway that escalated to someone banging and yelling, "Security!". I called the front desk and was informed that there were too many people in the room next door. I think someone from this room moved to the truck parked right outside our room because there was someone sitting/sleeping in that truck for the rest of the night. Between the banging, someone sleeping in the truck right outside our door and the dirtiness, my nerves were rattled and I didn't sleep at all.

Based on some of the other reviews though, I suspect the rooms in the front might be nicer. The front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful, and I am sorry to write such a poor report of our experience. It also appeared that there was a walking trail along the hotel property I had planned to use in the morning but ended up just anxious to leave.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
PaulaR-MGMT, Manager at Parkway Plaza Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
We are sorry if your stay did not exceed your expectations, however, we are grateful that you took the time to share your feedback. We strive to deliver quality accommodations and service to our guests and regret that certain aspects of your guest room missed the mark. Our renovation team is working diligently to complete renovations on the hotel and rooms, replacing all items such as furnishings, bedding, carpets, the whole 9 yards! Our housekeeping and maintenance teams are looking further into your comments to ensure all rooms are at their very best. Also, I am truly sorry for the noise disturbance you experienced during your stay. Never is it our intention for a guest to have such an undesirable experience. It is our hope to a have a future opportunity to change your impression! Please ask the Front Desk to see one of our newly renovated rooms on any future visit, and experience how beautiful and comfortable the Parkway Plaza truly is!
Casper, Wyoming, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is a great hotel for meetings, sporting events or a family gathering. This newly remodeled hotel has everything to offer. Resturant, Bar/lounge, meeting rooms and newly remodeled sleeping rooms. I always have my daughter's birthday parties there. The food is great and the sleeping rooms are reasonable. For your next function, contact Stephanie in Sales and Catering and she will take care of all your needs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
WOW!! Thank you for such kind words! It is wonderful to hear from a guest who has had a chance to experience almost everything the Parkway Plaza has to offer! We appreciate your review, as will future travelers. We are working hard to keep the ball moving on renovations in several areas of the hotel, and we can't wait to show you how much we've done during your future visits! I will pass along your comments to Stephanie in Sales & Catering, as well as Cafe, Lounge, Housekeeping, and Old Town management and staff!! They will all be delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and your event! We look forward to seeing you again soon!!
Cheyenne WY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I don't know what room the previous people rating this hotel stayed in, but my experience was anything but pleasant. We made a reservation some time in advance and when we got there, we were told the computer was down and they didn't know which rooms were clean. There were three employees at the front desk standing around and one of them should have been checking rooms with the housekeepers to get people checked in. We waited 3 hours and were put in a smoking room that smelled thru the door. I went back to the desk and was given a key to another smoking room. The housekeepers at the second room told me it was a smoking room also and wanted to know why they were giving me smoking rooms. On the third try, the desk staff was snippy and said they had no other room and the ionizer should be working. I informed them we would not be staying in a smoking room. Everything in the room we were put in was extremely old. The bed did not even have a mattress cover and the sheets were paper thin. The bath towels were the size of hand towels. I will say the housekeepers were very pleasant and were doing the best job they could with the conditions. The only reason we stayed there was because of a convention we were attending, but it is the last time. We were told the rooms were remodeled and cleaned up. Also the picture shown on this website must be another hotel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel in the area.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PaulaR-MGMT, Manager at Parkway Plaza Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
We are truly disheartened to learn of your numerous issues during your stay. It is our hope to have our guests view our hotel as a great value and I am disappointed to learn this is not the case for you. I will be looking further into the concerns you've outlined and will share your comments with our Front Desk and Housekeeping managers and teams to ensure that we remain focused on the goal of delivering exceptional service and quality accommodations to our valued guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I hope you'll consider a future stay with us so that we may have a second chance to change your opinion of the Parkway Plaza Hotel.
Cheyenne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Best hotel you'll ever stay in?? No. The Plaza just produces the best results of any other place I've stayed at in Casper in a long time. Front desk staff enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Cleaning staff efficient and thorough. Bar dated, but has a pleasant environment and, again, a good staff. Restaurant serves reasonably priced, good, basic food by a competent staff. This trip was a fraternal trip, but ANY time I head to Casper on an overnight trip, I do my best to get in at the Plaza. You should, too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
We love when we can surprise our guests! Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay at the Parkway Plaza Hotel. It's a delight to read that you enjoyed our friendly staff, cleanliness of our rooms, and the Parkway Café! We look forward to seeing you next time you're in Casper!
Jackson Hole
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

OK, most of us don't go to Casper Wyoming in March in search of 5-star lodging, right? I give a 5-star rating because I was quite pleased with the service and my room based on my expectations of a 2/3-star facility. Again, it is not luxury & an average 4S might only earn 3 or 4 TA stars from me even though it is much better... fair enough?

I arranged to teach an NRA Instructor's course at the Parkway and had Densil as my contact person. He was friendly, prompt and very professional. The rest of the hotel was sold out for the statewide government school's basketball tournament so the hallways had some yelling late at night, but my room was very clean and was in good condition (for what the Parkway is). The restaurant was just fine, and there is a nice little latte shop in the hotel lobby. As a celebrity shooting instructor I am used to having many staff members at resorts I visit overwhelm my intended "quiet-time" to talk with me for hours about guns, but the staff at the Parkway was very pleasant and professionally distant, while briefly mentioning their support for our mission.

Next week when we return to Casper for more training, I look forward to again staying at the Parkway!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Parkway Plaza Hotel & Convention Centre? Share your experiences!