“Room review” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Cheyenne WY
“Room review”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I don't know what room the previous people rating this hotel stayed in, but my experience was anything but pleasant. We made a reservation some time in advance and when we got there, we were told the computer was down and they didn't know which rooms were clean. There were three employees at the front desk standing around and one of them should have been checking rooms with the housekeepers to get people checked in. We waited 3 hours and were put in a smoking room that smelled thru the door. I went back to the desk and was given a key to another smoking room. The housekeepers at the second room told me it was a smoking room also and wanted to know why they were giving me smoking rooms. On the third try, the desk staff was snippy and said they had no other room and the ionizer should be working. I informed them we would not be staying in a smoking room. Everything in the room we were put in was extremely old. The bed did not even have a mattress cover and the sheets were paper thin. The bath towels were the size of hand towels. I will say the housekeepers were very pleasant and were doing the best job they could with the conditions. The only reason we stayed there was because of a convention we were attending, but it is the last time. We were told the rooms were remodeled and cleaned up. Also the picture shown on this website must be another hotel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel in the area.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PaulaR-MGMT, Manager at Parkway Plaza Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
We are truly disheartened to learn of your numerous issues during your stay. It is our hope to have our guests view our hotel as a great value and I am disappointed to learn this is not the case for you. I will be looking further into the concerns you've outlined and will share your comments with our Front Desk and Housekeeping managers and teams to ensure that we remain focused on the goal of delivering exceptional service and quality accommodations to our valued guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I hope you'll consider a future stay with us so that we may have a second chance to change your opinion of the Parkway Plaza Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Cheyenne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Best hotel you'll ever stay in?? No. The Plaza just produces the best results of any other place I've stayed at in Casper in a long time. Front desk staff enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Cleaning staff efficient and thorough. Bar dated, but has a pleasant environment and, again, a good staff. Restaurant serves reasonably priced, good, basic food by a competent staff. This trip was a fraternal trip, but ANY time I head to Casper on an overnight trip, I do my best to get in at the Plaza. You should, too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
We love when we can surprise our guests! Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay at the Parkway Plaza Hotel. It's a delight to read that you enjoyed our friendly staff, cleanliness of our rooms, and the Parkway Café! We look forward to seeing you next time you're in Casper!
Jackson Hole
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

OK, most of us don't go to Casper Wyoming in March in search of 5-star lodging, right? I give a 5-star rating because I was quite pleased with the service and my room based on my expectations of a 2/3-star facility. Again, it is not luxury & an average 4S might only earn 3 or 4 TA stars from me even though it is much better... fair enough?

I arranged to teach an NRA Instructor's course at the Parkway and had Densil as my contact person. He was friendly, prompt and very professional. The rest of the hotel was sold out for the statewide government school's basketball tournament so the hallways had some yelling late at night, but my room was very clean and was in good condition (for what the Parkway is). The restaurant was just fine, and there is a nice little latte shop in the hotel lobby. As a celebrity shooting instructor I am used to having many staff members at resorts I visit overwhelm my intended "quiet-time" to talk with me for hours about guns, but the staff at the Parkway was very pleasant and professionally distant, while briefly mentioning their support for our mission.

Next week when we return to Casper for more training, I look forward to again staying at the Parkway!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Wyoming, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My team and I stayed here for a competition for three nights, and we were definitely ready to go home. First off, the main desk booked one of our girls in an already occupied room twice, then sent them to a room that was not yet cleaned... my mother also got her room and not fifteen minutes later someone tried to come in, as the hotel staff had booked that person for her room also.as the trip went on, we found ants in one girls bed, cigarette burns in another, drunk guys banging on our doors at one in the morning, and best of all, bedbugs. We found a dead one in our bed the first day, which the maid quickly dismissed as a pot seed, then a couple more live ones later on after some girls got bites.when telling the head desk lady, she was rude and kept telling US that we were not allowed to stay in our room after we asked her for a new one. About the only good thing this hotel had to offer us was the cafe which made great drinks for a reasonable enough price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
It is disappointing to read that your stay with us was not more positive and that we seemed to have missed several opportunities to exceed your expectations. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Your comments and issues are taken very seriously, and will be further reviewed by management, maintenance, and housekeeping teams. We thank you for your kind compliments regarding the quality service members of our staff provided in the Café, and look forward to a future opportunity to welcome you back.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

During our trips from Colorado to Montana for the last 12 years, we stay in our "go-to" hotel that is our halfway point. Our particular trip back home from Montana on 5 Jan 13, after leaving my Mom in ICU, we arrived at the Parkway Plaza and went to check in. There were a lot of folks walking around and we asked what was going on--A Biker Ball. Exhausted and tired, both physically and mentally, we got one of the only rooms available, a business suite, more money than we expected to spend, but we needed rest badly. We had dinner and then a couple of drinks in the bar before heading to our room. I was woken up every few minutes by laughter, yelling, people running down the halls, etc. So exhausted, I didn't think to call the desk, just doze off between "sounds". When I finally did get up to take a shower, I got my bag and closed the bathroom door....BANG!!! a 4 foot by 2 foot metal panel fell out of the ceiling over the shower and crashed into the tub. Exposed was wires and insulation. Now I was fully awake. I called the front desk to send up a maintenance man. He came fairly quickly and worked to fit the panel back in. He left without a word. What he left was debris in the tub along with his foot prints. I didn't take a shower, I couldn't trust this room! Upon checkout, I told the two clerks on duty that we have been coming to their hotel for 12 years and about my experience, lack of sleep and the panel falling. All they said was, "oh, sorry." I would of expected our next future stay (1 night) be on the Parkway Plaza. There are MANY other places to stay in Casper who are probably a lot cheaper. It is all about customer service!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lusk, WY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have a personal business account at the Parkway and stay here frequently. Some of the rooms are a little dated but clean. There are remodeled rooms which are fantastic. If you have an issue, call the front desk. Other reviews cite the front desk as rude or the rooms as poor. I have not experienced that. Always helpful and great to deal with has been my experience over the last 10 years. Sunday morning buffet is the best. Don't let a few negative people deter you from this great value.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

After reading some negative reviews, we were hesitant about the Parkway Plaza obtained through Priceline but we found little to complain about. The room was great, the restaurant fine and the location convenient when traveling the Interstate. We stayed another night on our return trip and negotiated a price lower than Priceline. The best rooms are in the "tower" and it is true that the exercise room could use sprucing up.

Room Tip: Ask for the towers at the back of the property. It is amazingly quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Parkway Plaza Hotel & Convention Centre? Share your experiences!