“Ick.....no thank you” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
“Ick.....no thank you”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My first clue should have been walking in, and finding some customers, but even though there were two or three employees that looked at us, no one greeted us, or seated us. After a little wait, we were led to a booth. The design of the restaurant is such that customers can hear everything from the kitchen...there was a lot of bickering and chatting. When someone would walk in, there would be a debate over who would wait on them.

My husband ordered crepes ( southwestern) which contained red peppers. The label for the pepper was still on it...when we pointed that out to the clerk, her comment was "awesome"... She went back and announced that they needed to "comp" someone's meal and explained why...no one ever bothered to even say " sorry.". Do NOT waste your time or $$$.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Ballwin, Missouri
“Lip Smackin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Village in just always seems to have something I feel like eating! And then they do a fine job of preparing and serving it.

Visited November 2012
Casper, Wyoming
“Village Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

It's a typical chain restaurant. Just very average. Decent service, decent food. Nothing outstanding.

Texas
“Good Burger and Attentive Management”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I went to Village Inn for a late supper with my family and had a positive experience compared to my fellow reviewers. The service was a little slow considering that they were not really busy, but the food was good and hot. I think that VI could spend a bit more time cleaning the floors when they are not busy. The manage, hostess and wait staff kept asking how the meal was and if we needed anything. VI is a good place for families.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Casper, Wyoming
“We will NEVER go back!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I have never ever ever been treated in such a manner in a restaurant and as horrible as it is, i hope the manager lost his job.
We took our daughter and a friend for breakfast/lunch and the service was horrible. We couldnt get our drinks, our food was all wrong and extremely slow in coming. There were 5 - 6 waitresses standing with the manager at the front counter chatting and laughing while ONE new waitress, it was her first day was waiting on several tables in our area and having trouble. Noone was helping her. Our food was completely wrong when we received it also. My husband got TOAST with his sandwich, when he had ordered coleslaw. toast with a sandwich? really? and i ordered brown gravy with my chicken fried steak and got white and my "potatoes" were powder. not even mixed. It really was horrible. When my husband tried to talk to the manager about this he was very rude and confrontations and all he could say was "what would you like me to do about it sir?".. he did not offer to replace our meals, comp us anything. He was very rude to my husband and he finally said "I think we will just leave".. then the manager snatched the ticket violently off the table and said "I will take care of this for you!". We got his name and the name of the owner and phone number and my husband immediately called the main office. He was contacted by the owner of the restaurant and we got an apology but we will never ever got back there. My husband was very very angry and I am appalled at how he/we were treated by a manager of a restaurant. He had all kinds of excuses of course. Training new staff etc.. But i don't see any excuse for that kind of treatment. The food we could have overlooked had there been any kind of a remedy offered and if my husband and the manager hadn't practically come to blows. I have been in the restaurant business and I know there are always problems of some sort at times, and everyone has a bad day. But you never treat your customers the way we were treated. the adage "the customer is always right" is definitely true in the restaurant business, and if you hope to keep your customers coming back you treat them like you would your family and give them whatever it takes to make them happy. (within reason of course) I really liked their food the other times we went there, and i am sad that they have such a jerk for a manager. We just have scratched them totally off of our eating out list.

• Visited March 2012