“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Casper
Billings
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

You will have a great nights rest at this hotel. Very comforable. Staff is wonderful at his hotel. Not to far away from down town. Rooms were very clean, which is a biggy for myself. If your looking for a hassle free stay, you can choose this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Samantha K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear you had a great nights rest and enjoyed your room as well as our staff. We're looking forward to seeing you next time you're in town. Be sure to stop by and check out our new, even more comfortable bedding!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Nice new hotel with built in annoyances.
1. You need a masters in electronics or be a 6th grader to figure out how to turn on the TV
2. The heat pump sounds like a Westinghouse turbofan jet engine when it comes on
3. The heat pump comes on every ~10 minutes all night
4. You can't shut the heat pump off
5. The lowest temp on the heat pump cool setting is 68
6. The room walls are so thin you can hear everything your neighbors do - including their morning constitutional --- yuck!

I am writing this the morning after a tortured restless sleep. Curse you evil Holiday Inn demon from heck!

Stay somewhere - anywhere else than here.

Blurry eyed and needing some sleep in Casper.

Cheue

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JohnMaple, General Manager at Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Cheue444,
I’m extremely sorry to hear that your stay at the Holiday Inn in Casper was not a perfect “10” and I can assure you that guest satisfaction is our top priority. I want to thank you for taking the time to leave feedback to help us further improve our guest experience.

With the wave of newer TV technology and multiple outlets for guests to use on them, it has become a priority of ours to always make sure the cable is on the right input. Per your comment we have failed on that priority and for that I am truly sorry. We will continue to work on this so that our guests do not experience this problem in the future.

I believe the A/C / Heater in your room was an isolated incident and I have had maintenance look into its condition. We pride ourselves on providing an outstanding experience for all of our guests with clean, comfortable surroundings and the best service to our guests. I hope that you will reconsider staying with us if you are in Casper, WY again and wish you the best!

Best Regards,
John W. Maple
Jackson, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

You will get a great nights rest if the hotel is empty, although they wont set up the breakfast buffet. If full, its a very noisy hotel and the accoustical room seperation seems no existent. Get up early because the hot water does run out. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed April 2013
Samantha K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. Reviews are always appreciated. Our restaurant does offer a hot cooked to order breakfast every morning, as well as a buffet on mornings we feel our increased number of travelers will benefit from a quicker, serve-yourself style breakfast. I do apologize for the issue you experienced with the hot water and want to let you know that this has been resolved. Thank you again for your review and we hope you choose to stay with us again during your future stays in Casper!
Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We came to Casper for business. We had to be there Thursday and Friday night, and the first night was great. Lovely room, great sheets, nice TV, pleasant all around. A little disappointed we had to pay $10 each for breakfast, but it was very nice. Then we drove 7 hours to outside Lusk and back, and came back to a busy place. Full of youngsters for a youth basketball tournament. On one side of us was a group of giggly girls, up until after 10 o'clock laughing, banging on walls and having a great time. On the other side was a group of adults, who evidently hadn't see each other for weeks. Needless to say, our night was less that comfortable. I called the desk at 10:30 and there was only one person there, who couldn't come up for a while. So I called next door and told the kids to be quiet. It worked. But the rest of the night was noisy, outside, upstairs, and in the hall. Until after midnight. But in the morning, when we talked to the new shift, they were apologetic, sweet, and very nice. They offered us a breakfast, and were very supportive. We left without breakfast, but not upset. We just wanted to get home. After reflection, I was less than fair, we all paid for these rooms, and it was an unfortunate occurrence. BUT I think they should have had security or more than one person at the desk, and also, when we arrived, I asked if there were going to be a lot of kids, they said that there were a few. If I had been more on the ball, I would have asked for a room on the top floor, as isolated as possible. But I didn't. So finally: would I stay here again? Yes, but I would be more careful. A learning experience for me. But the people were nice, the place was extremely comfortable and clean. Next time I will miss the day full of kids. They deserve to have fun, too.

Room Tip: Top floor away from groups, I guess.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
JohnMaple, General Manager at Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Wyohaygal,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on the Holiday Inn Casper. Your feedback is appreciated. I’m sorry to hear that your second night at the hotel was not as great as your first and I can assure you we take that to heart. Having our guests enjoy their stay is one of our top priorities and I’m sorry if we failed to deliver on that priority. I want to personally thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Casper for your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.
Best Regards
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Too much noise from rooms and hallways. Kept us up too much. Stayed 3 nights for the state basketball playoffs. I was disappointed that they only had suites with a king bed and not with two. They were nice enough to bring us a refrigerator. I was really hoping for a little more room like I had with the other Holidays we stayed with on this trip. The doors were very heavy to open, not like the others we have stayed at. I would stay at a different hotel next trip

• Stayed March 2013
JohnMaple, General Manager at Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Flasher53,
I’m extremely sorry to hear that your stay was less than a perfect 10 at the Holiday Inn Casper. We strive very hard to provide outstanding service and clean, comfortable surroundings.
We truly value all of our guests and their feedback. I hope that if you are ever traveling through Casper again you will give us another try.
Best Regards,
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last night. We arrived late and after a few glitches getting us a room (a few trips to the front desk after we checked in) we finally settled in for the night ordered room service and went to bed. The receptionist at check-in gave us a coupon for a free breakfast the next morning for our troubles, which we really appreciated. Said it was for $20 for each person. The food from room service was ok. I'd say say 7/10. the chips they brought were excellent. 18% grat. was incl. At breakfast the next morning we gave the coupon to our server. She said it was only for $20 total. I mentioned in passing how the front desk said it was for per person. It didn't matter to us, we were just happy that we got a little something for the annoyance we had to go through the night before. A few minutes later the waitress comes back with a woman from the front desk and she said she was comping us our entire stay! I did not expect this and was pleasantly surprised. We never receive this kind of customer service anymore!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JohnMaple, General Manager at Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
With the year coming to a close, I wanted to thank all of those on Trip Advisor for submitting your comments regarding the Holiday Inn Casper. Feed back is a crucial part of our industry and it helps us focus on areas of improvement.
It’s been a great year and we have valued all of our guests that have stayed with us in 2012 and I wanted to personally thank you for your loyalty to the Holiday Inn brand and to our Holiday Inn in Casper, WY.
I wish you all a very Happy Holiday Season and I hope to see you all again at our beautiful Hotel in Casper where our guests are our top priority!
Best Wishes
Pine Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn in McMurry Park on September 10, 2012, luckily avoiding a nearby forest fire that had threatened to cause evacuation of the entire area. In fact, our mountain view room looked at the flames and smoldering remains of much of a nearby mountain. The hotel is located a good distance from the airport, but the drive was easy enough and from the look of other guest lodgings on the route which Trip Advisor recommended avoiding, it was a worthwhile drive. The hotel is in a newer 'burb of Casper and there are many dining, shopping and other choices nearby.
We were surprised by the size of the hotel, which is clearly designed for the business traveler. Lots of meeting rooms, tons of parking, all the amenities one could wish for. All in all, a terrific and modern option. The beds, appointments and service are excellent; unfortunately, the hotel does suffer from an issue common to today's new construction, which is that it can be a bit noisy. We were extreme late arrivals and didn't get to bed until 2 a.m. but still found it impossible to sleep past 7 a.m. due to the sheer volume of traffic, doors slamming, voices in the hallway, etc..
All things considered, this hotel is one of the best options in the area with many more pluses than minuses.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park? Share your experiences!