“Worst Internet I've seen in years” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Casper
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   301 East E Street, Casper, WY 82601   |
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Casper
Greybull, WY
“Worst Internet I've seen in years”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stay at this hotel for work approx. 10 nights a month. I know most everyone who works here and they are great people. That being said the Hotel has a few minor problems. Sometimes you have to reset the heaters. The doors might actually amplify sound. (If your in the bathroom and you hear yor neighbor open his door you will wonder if someone just came into your room) Looking at some of the reviews I wonder if they aren't a little Harsh, but to be fair some of them have a point. The hot water can be tricky. I think they have an in-balance in the water pressure and getting it right can be a lttle tough but when you do there is a ton of pressure and endless amount of hot water. The beds are good, the rooms are well above average for a budget hotel. The breakfast is good, if they run out they will make more if available. We used to stay at the Parkway Plaza a block away and the rooms here are way better than what we used to get there.

So here is my main problem: it's the slow internet. I can't believe that a hotel in todays market is getting away with such crappy internet service. As I understand it, (not 100% sure ) they use a satalite service and only get so much high speed data before it slows down to what I'm guesing is dial up speed. To add to that insult they have pop up add pages appearing for almost all of the websites you browse. so you might be able to stream a youtube vidio or not, sometimes like today I couldn't even get vudu to log in and watch a movie.

So to break it down; Good people, good room for the money, good water pressure, crap internet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
casperdaysgm, General Manager at Days Inn Casper, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stays here and am glad that you have brought a couple issues to our attention. I will have our maintenace department look into some door stripping that can help with dampening the door sounds. We also offer earplugs at the desk to help our guests with unwanted noise disturbances. I am glad to hear the the staff has been giving you excellent service and that you have enjoyed the breakfast. We have also been working on our internet issue. Recently we upgraded our bandwith to help with the problem and we are currently working on getting a bid for new hotspot equipment and also increasing the number of hotspots around the hotel. Thank you for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Gillette
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The hotel room was loud, wi-fi would not connect, cold showers in evening and morning with hot only turned on, heater barely worked, room and bathroom in very poor condition.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I do appologize for the issues that you experienced during your stay. We are currently in the process of upgrading our internet service with more broadband width and new equipment. We are also in the process of updating all our bathrooms with new shower tile and room painting. I am sure that you reported these issues and that our maintenace department has already addressed the problems with the heater and the water preassure/temperature issue. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience.

Been to Days Inn Casper? Share your experiences!