“More of a place for kids.....” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #12 of 20 hotels in Casper
Denver, Colorado
“More of a place for kids.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here one night, on our way to Thermopolis, Wyoming for a motorcycle rally. We picked it because we had been on the bikes all day and they had an onsite restaurant and we did not want to ride anymore. The price was good, however, after riding in 100 degree temps, we wanted to get in the pool. That is a problem if you are older than 5. The pool only goes up to 3 ft. deep and is designed for children with water sprays and itty bitty slides. You cannot actually swim in this pool. The hot tub was in the process of being replaced, so we could not get in it. I had a salad and my husband had a burger in the restaurant. The food was good but the service was extremely lacking. It took us almost an hr. to get our food and they were not that busy. Our drink glasses would sit empty for 20 mins. at a time, until we could flag someone down as they never come around to see if you need anything. The hotel does not serve a continental breakfast - when I asked at the front desk, they said we could get breakfast in the restaurant. We passed on that as we did not have all day to wait.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. I am happy you chose to stay at our location after a long day of riding on a motorcycle! I am sorry about the pool issue for you. We realize it is an inconvenience for some guests but the children really do love it. (Helps parents out after a long day of being in the car with the kids!!) Unfortunately for the hot tub issue.. we are currently at the mercy of an out of state vendor to help us fix the hot tub. Someone had jumped into the tub with their track spikes on and cracked it. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food. We recently redid our menu and acquired a new chef. We are making big changes in the restaurant! I will be letting the restaurant manager know of your review as well so that she is aware of the problem and can handle it immediately! We provide the full service restaurant in lieu of a continental breakfast so our guests don't get stuck with the standard free breakfast but can choose from a variety. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need anything! I sincerely hope that you choose to stay with us again so we have a second chance to prove ourselves in our restaurant!!

237 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sheridan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Staff was friendly and courteous. The room was clan and comfortable. The holtel was clean and comfortable with a friendly atmosphere. Great Location. The staff was happy and answered questions appropriately. They went out of thier way to make sure I was satified

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. It pleases me greatly to hear you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel! We sincerely hope you come back and visit us again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything!

Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I am very comfortable at the Ramkota. They have recently redone their rooms and I found it very nice. The restaurant has good selection on the menu. Parking is not a problem. Easy access to I25, didn't have a noise issue.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your pleasant stay at our hotel. It makes me very happy to see that you noticed our new renovations.. we still have many more to come overall for the entire property. Something we are very excited about! We also recently made changes to our menu to give guests a better selection. We hope to see you again soon! Please don't hesitate to contact me directly for anything!

Cheyenne, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

No air conditioning when outside temperatures 90++. Hotel's outside air conditioning contractor had not fixed air conditioning problem for three weeks and hotel just let the problem slide. Chamber maid attitude of some new trainees very poor..

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the issue with your AC unit. This has not been a problem we have let slide for 3 weeks. Please be assured we will get our AC vendor here immediately to take a look at that problem. I will also be letting our head housekeeper know of the chamber maids attitude. We want to provide each of our guests with a "home away from home" stay while providing excellent customer service skills. If there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Sincerely

Casper, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Hotel has possibilities but there is an overall lack of attention to details, numerous items including towels missing from room, staff said they where sorry and did nothing. Restaurant has sign saying please wait to be seated but no one was there in 10 minutes so I left. Coffee pots in lobby always empty. This hotel gives a new meaning to self serve. Manager should consider a different line of work.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I have talked to the multiple department managers about the issues you had with your stay from your other review. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Our managers work very hard and are trying to transition under our own new management who are making big changes in the hotel. We will be working on the issues you discussed. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Helena, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here on our way through Casper. How this place got a three star rating is beyond me. First, the door closest to the parking lot is so narrow you can hardly get the luggage cart through it. Then, when you get to the room...well first impressions are everything! The bed was made very sloppily with the sheets hanging down below the bedspread and the bedspread was on crooked. The bathroom had lotion and conditioner, but no shampoo! My husband took a shower and could hardly turn the handle with enough force to turn it on. Then, he could not turn it off! I got into the running shower. Of course, I couldn't turn it off. Then the tub started filling so I called the front desk and said we needed immediate help! The person at the front desk told me they had no maintenance until 7:30!!! It was 6:30! They would try to find someone, which they ever did. Ridiculous situation! My husband finally got it off after continuous effort, but it was a tense difficult morning. Overall, I found the place very marginal and would not recommend staying here!

Room Tip: Don't use Priceline, you will end up here.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review our hotel. I am very disappointed to see that you did not have a pleasant stay at our property. Please know I will be letting the head housekeeper/maintenance know of your review so that these issues may be taken care of immediately. I sincerely hope you accept my apologies on behalf of the entire hotel. We want to provide each of our guests with an excellent "home away from home" stay. I hope that you stay with us again so that we have a second chance to provide you with excellent customer service. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any of your needs!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel during a roadtrip. It's a great location right off 25 with a bar and restaurant. The check in process was easy, but the staff wasn't very friendly. Our room was spacious and the beds were pretty comfy. We had a drink at the bar and ordered a pizza to go. I'd stay again if I was passing through Wyoming.

• Stayed July 2013
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm pleased to hear that the check in process was easy for you. I will be looking into the unfriendly staff issue. We strive to provide excellent customer service to each of our guests and I apologize this didn't happen for you. We hope to see you again soon so we have the chance to show you that we are here to serve you with our exceptional customer service skills! Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything.

307-266-6000 ext 658

Been to BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel? Share your experiences!