“The Perfect Wedding” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
“The Perfect Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

The entire Staff at the Hotel Mead is very experienced at handling weddings down to the smallest detail. They where very easy to work with followed thru on every request and detail we had to make this wedding for Carl & Sam everything they wanted. I would highly recommend this facility for your next major event. I would also recommend you taking the White Glove service as it adds that extra touch to your cocktail reception and dinner event. The entire staff we dealt with where great and the food was very good.

A very proud and pleased father of the Groom. Steven Selvick

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
La Crosse, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Looks like a cheap 1970's era hotel from the outside, but we were pleasantly arrived when we checked in. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our room was on the top floor (5th) and when we walked in we felt like we were walking into a deep freeze. Brrr. We tried to turn off the air and then went out to dinner. When we got back it was still freezing (62 degrees) so we called maintenance. The maintenance man was wonderful - explained that the heating system is hot water and since we were on top floor, the hot water probably wouldn't make it up to our room, so he unplugged the unit so at least cold air wouldn't blow. It warmed up to 69 degrees by the next day. Room was very clean, bed extra comfy with lots of pillows and good towels.

Room Tip: If you want a warm room, stay on lower floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The Hotel Mead has been a mainstay in the Wisconsin Rapids area for decades and has always been THE place to stay. The hotel was recently updated and has all the touches that you could want. I stayed for a week and was greeted with a smile and hello as I came and went by the friendly staff. The room was spotless as was the lobby area and restaurant.

The bed was comfortable with crisp white linens and a couple of blankets. There is an ironing board and iron if someone needs to touch up their clothing. The shower/tub has a shampoo and conditioner dispenser mounted in the shower. In addition to the sink in the shower/commode area there is a vanity with sink and blow dryer outside the bathroom.

The restaurant is outstanding and beautifully decorated. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner if you wanted to you could simply eat at the hotel daily and find the prices quite reasonable. As with much of Wisconsin, you will find an all you can eat Friday night fresh fish fry for dinner.

Although I didn't use it, the inside pool appeared clean and inviting.

I have stayed at the Mead several times with family and will be there again when next I visit. If in Central Wisconsin for any reason, consider staying at the Hotel Mead. You won't regret it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The newer wing was nice ... mattresses were too soft. Quiet evening overall.
The restaurant was a pleasant surprise - love the family style salad - delicious - and the walleye dinner on Friday night was very good - great service. Breakfast was very good as well.

Room Tip: Request newer west wing.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Vesper, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for a quiet night alone. I had booked what I thought was a single queen room over the phone with the hotel the night before. When we checked in and got to our room it was a double queen. We went back to the front desk and I explained what I booked. The front desk attendant informed me that they only have single kings rooms. Must have been a miscommunication when I booked. The manager on duty have her permission to upgrade us to a single king room for free. They have recently updated their key system, so we had hiccups getting into our room. Took about 30 mins, but then they gave us another free upgrade to a whirlpool suite for the trouble. Even though we had some inconveniences, they fixed them right away. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant which was very good. Nice house Pinot Noir. Overall was very pleased with our stay. Staff handled our problems perfectly, and I was very satisfied. Room was clean and very spacious. Had a sink and mirror outside of bathroom as well as one inside. Made getting ready in the morning a breeze for us. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is a first class establishment- the rooms are wonderful, the service fabulous in every respect, the public areas clean, great parking and location! The restaurant serves very good portions of well prepared food. Nice wines by the glass, too! I am looking forward to returning in the fall!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tijeras, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had a very late arrival and a needed departure right when the hotels restraunt opens in the morning. With my tight schedule I hadn't had dinner the night before and the likelyhood of a meal before tonight would be slim. Of late, it just seems to go that way.

So on a chance I asked if I could place a ToGo order for breakfast during check-in. The Clerk was exceptionally nice and tried to be accommodating but left it with a generic "I'm really sorry. There's just no way for me to do that with the kitchen closed and you departing right as they open."

So I went to bed hungry after spending time checking out the new MarketPlace......which if it hadn't been so late would have been a good place to get a candy bar or soda....but sometimes just a half sandwich or something is what you need to tie you over.

To my shock and pleasant surprise the attached photo was waiting for me in a plastic bag when I checked out some 5.5 hours later.

Now that's a customer service that builds loyalty for me as a busy businessman for a mere $8.50.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Hotel Mead & Conference Center? Share your experiences!