“Pleasant Night” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Vesper, Wisconsin
“Pleasant Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for a quiet night alone. I had booked what I thought was a single queen room over the phone with the hotel the night before. When we checked in and got to our room it was a double queen. We went back to the front desk and I explained what I booked. The front desk attendant informed me that they only have single kings rooms. Must have been a miscommunication when I booked. The manager on duty have her permission to upgrade us to a single king room for free. They have recently updated their key system, so we had hiccups getting into our room. Took about 30 mins, but then they gave us another free upgrade to a whirlpool suite for the trouble. Even though we had some inconveniences, they fixed them right away. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant which was very good. Nice house Pinot Noir. Overall was very pleased with our stay. Staff handled our problems perfectly, and I was very satisfied. Room was clean and very spacious. Had a sink and mirror outside of bathroom as well as one inside. Made getting ready in the morning a breeze for us. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is a first class establishment- the rooms are wonderful, the service fabulous in every respect, the public areas clean, great parking and location! The restaurant serves very good portions of well prepared food. Nice wines by the glass, too! I am looking forward to returning in the fall!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tijeras, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had a very late arrival and a needed departure right when the hotels restraunt opens in the morning. With my tight schedule I hadn't had dinner the night before and the likelyhood of a meal before tonight would be slim. Of late, it just seems to go that way.

So on a chance I asked if I could place a ToGo order for breakfast during check-in. The Clerk was exceptionally nice and tried to be accommodating but left it with a generic "I'm really sorry. There's just no way for me to do that with the kitchen closed and you departing right as they open."

So I went to bed hungry after spending time checking out the new MarketPlace......which if it hadn't been so late would have been a good place to get a candy bar or soda....but sometimes just a half sandwich or something is what you need to tie you over.

To my shock and pleasant surprise the attached photo was waiting for me in a plastic bag when I checked out some 5.5 hours later.

Now that's a customer service that builds loyalty for me as a busy businessman for a mere $8.50.

• Stayed July 2013
Oconomowoc, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

It's a great hotel and obviously built in the hay day of the paper industry. Staff was helpful, friendly. Place is very clean and I would recommend it over the local chain motels. Great little bar/restaurant just down the street (opposite side) in a very unassuming older house. Great food and atmosphere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
OSCEOLA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

As you have seen I have been staying here since 1971. It has been through many owners but this time I see major problems. Dirty pool area including pool tile. I mean scrape it off with your finger nail scum. Inside of the arm-moire was quite dusty. And there were other lack of attention to details all over if you looked closely. Once they had turn down and a little snack on your pillow for being a club member, the ONLY benefit I see to that is a price discount and after staying at some of the places out on 8th St. I don't know if it worth even that. One restaurant is now closed and for a weekend in June the place was empty. Big pot holes in the parking lot would never have gotten overlooked in the past. It is a shame to see this happening to such a Rapids institution.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Rapids hotels

Cleveland, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed overnight in a room that was part of a room block reserved for a wedding, so I believe our room price was discounted. I would not have stayed at this hotel for their regular price. However, I was pleased with our room - for the price - and with our stay. The room was spacious and the hotel was quiet. Parking was adequate. We did experience one issue upon entering the room; - a wastebasket with a small amount of trash in it. However, since we were on a very tight schedule, and the rest of the room checked out as being very clean, we did not report it. Toiletries were at a minimum, with no conditioner and only one bar of soap. Another family told us they had the same problem. I do not know if this was because of our discounted rate or not. To sum up, this is an older hotel, but seems to be kept up fairly well. The food and restaurant are very good. They did a great job with the wedding dinner and reception!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
La Crosse, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel Mead is a location I have stayed at a few times on business and vacation. I like the Hotel Mead. The rooms are nicely furnished, spacious, quiet and clean!! The hotel is reasonably priced for the accommodations it offers. Restaurants, pool, fitness room, conference areas, ample parking and beautiful grounds.
It is also close to downtown and all the fun little trendy shops, pubs and interests that make walking around feasible. I recommend Hotel Mead!

Room Tip: King room offers a sitting room, bar area, 2nd TV which was perfect for getting work done without be...