“Wonderful Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
The Woodlands, Texas
“Wonderful Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is a first class establishment- the rooms are wonderful, the service fabulous in every respect, the public areas clean, great parking and location! The restaurant serves very good portions of well prepared food. Nice wines by the glass, too! I am looking forward to returning in the fall!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Tijeras, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had a very late arrival and a needed departure right when the hotels restraunt opens in the morning. With my tight schedule I hadn't had dinner the night before and the likelyhood of a meal before tonight would be slim. Of late, it just seems to go that way.

So on a chance I asked if I could place a ToGo order for breakfast during check-in. The Clerk was exceptionally nice and tried to be accommodating but left it with a generic "I'm really sorry. There's just no way for me to do that with the kitchen closed and you departing right as they open."

So I went to bed hungry after spending time checking out the new MarketPlace......which if it hadn't been so late would have been a good place to get a candy bar or soda....but sometimes just a half sandwich or something is what you need to tie you over.

To my shock and pleasant surprise the attached photo was waiting for me in a plastic bag when I checked out some 5.5 hours later.

Now that's a customer service that builds loyalty for me as a busy businessman for a mere $8.50.

• Stayed July 2013
Oconomowoc, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

It's a great hotel and obviously built in the hay day of the paper industry. Staff was helpful, friendly. Place is very clean and I would recommend it over the local chain motels. Great little bar/restaurant just down the street (opposite side) in a very unassuming older house. Great food and atmosphere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
OSCEOLA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

As you have seen I have been staying here since 1971. It has been through many owners but this time I see major problems. Dirty pool area including pool tile. I mean scrape it off with your finger nail scum. Inside of the arm-moire was quite dusty. And there were other lack of attention to details all over if you looked closely. Once they had turn down and a little snack on your pillow for being a club member, the ONLY benefit I see to that is a price discount and after staying at some of the places out on 8th St. I don't know if it worth even that. One restaurant is now closed and for a weekend in June the place was empty. Big pot holes in the parking lot would never have gotten overlooked in the past. It is a shame to see this happening to such a Rapids institution.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed overnight in a room that was part of a room block reserved for a wedding, so I believe our room price was discounted. I would not have stayed at this hotel for their regular price. However, I was pleased with our room - for the price - and with our stay. The room was spacious and the hotel was quiet. Parking was adequate. We did experience one issue upon entering the room; - a wastebasket with a small amount of trash in it. However, since we were on a very tight schedule, and the rest of the room checked out as being very clean, we did not report it. Toiletries were at a minimum, with no conditioner and only one bar of soap. Another family told us they had the same problem. I do not know if this was because of our discounted rate or not. To sum up, this is an older hotel, but seems to be kept up fairly well. The food and restaurant are very good. They did a great job with the wedding dinner and reception!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
La Crosse, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel Mead is a location I have stayed at a few times on business and vacation. I like the Hotel Mead. The rooms are nicely furnished, spacious, quiet and clean!! The hotel is reasonably priced for the accommodations it offers. Restaurants, pool, fitness room, conference areas, ample parking and beautiful grounds.
It is also close to downtown and all the fun little trendy shops, pubs and interests that make walking around feasible. I recommend Hotel Mead!

Room Tip: King room offers a sitting room, bar area, 2nd TV which was perfect for getting work done without be...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Greenfield, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Our horrible experience started the minute we walked in the door. The young woman working at the front desk was so rude and seemed to know nothing about the day to day operations. I did not see her smile once the whole time we were at the desk. There were two other employees behind the counter that just sat there counting their money drawers while a huge line of people was building up. When we got to our room, we were even more disappointed. It smelled of mold and mildew, and looked like it hadn't been updated since the 70's. There was no mircowave in the room, and no vending machines on the whole second floor. The pool and hot tub were so chlorinated that it turned my kids skin red. When we checked our bank balance while we were there we found out that we were charged an extra $50. When we asked the front desk they said it was a charge "in case" we charged anything to the room or ordered room service. There is nothing that we signed stating this charge was okay to be put on our credit card, and no where in any of their written policies does it tell you that you will be charged an extra $50. When we asked to speak with the manager we were told that their is no manager on duty on the weekends and that she turns her cell phone off all weekend.
Just an overall very disappointing hotel itself, with every worse customer service. Will never stay here again and have told all of our family and friends to never stay there as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Mead & Conference Center? Share your experiences!