“Something new...” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
La Porte IN
“Something new...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Every time my family and I come to the Dells we try a new restaurant. So, on are vacation it was " Famous Dave's ". We went on Thursday May 23rd 2013. The service was spot on! My goodness top of the line friendly!!! My family and I went around noon and it wasn't busy. We sat down and because of the shift change we had two servers. Both extremely sweet and loving towards are two year old. My husband got a burger with fries. My eight year old had a burger then a kids chicken tenders meal. Our two year old got the mac n' cheese for kids. I had the feast for one. First off everything was tasty. My kids loved there food. My husband not so, much he got terribly sick in the evening just before bed. Thought he wanted to throw up all night. He had bad stomach pains and didn't sleep well. For me the feast for one was good yet not. I was impressed by the ribs! Delicious!!! The roasted chicken heaven! The problem I had was the beans and the cole slaw. Come on Famous Dave's you should have let the folks know about your beans! They had jalapeno's in them and other spices. Then the cole slaw too much pepper in there. I would love if they had a option of what type of beans and cole slaw to get. Not just, here is the platter and enjoy. Some folks can't handle all that spice in one sitting. The food was great and the atmosphere including the servers spot on! Just, a little issues but other than that it was good. If you want BBQ ribs go here but, don't order anything else because it's a huge disappointment.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
Orting, Washington
“Confidence Renewed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I had had several mediocre experiences at Famous Dave's in other locations in the past. Last night I wanted ribs so I tried Famous Dave's again. I am happy to report that this Famous Dave's has their act together. The service was prompt. The food was hot and as advertised. No complaints here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago
“Excellent food. Great price!!!!! Helpful staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We recently visited the dells during automotion 2013. It's is a very busy weekend. However we only waited 15 minutes on a Saturday night with a party of 9. The food has great prices and the service was quick. Our server "famous Greg" was awesome. We highly recommend this place. Their lunch specials are an even better deal.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We ate at Famous Dave's a few days ago and loved the food. I really like the chopped pork and the onions strings are great. The waitress was really nice and the service was spot on. We ate at the new place closer to the freeway and enjoyed everything about it.

Portage, Wisconsin
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I always get a platter that comes with two sides. Cat fish fingers are great. Its about $50 for two people with a few drinks each

• Visited September 2012