“Very good BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Very good BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were looking for a place that was large enough to easily accommodate our large party. We had eaten at Famous Dave's in a different city and knew we'd be in good hands. Our party of 10 was seated within 10 minutes.

The food was very good. I don't think there was anything on the menu that we wouldn't order. The kids' meals were reasonable. I'd recommend Famous Dave's to anyone looking for a good barbecue meal.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Kankakee, Illinois
“A Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The ribs were good, the place was clean, the service was okay. The waitress could have been a lot friendlier and helpful. If you've eaten at one Famous Dave's; you've eaten at them all. The only difference was the staff. They could use a little more training.

Visited April 2013
Plainfield, Indiana
“Good barbecue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I have never had Dave's but was curious and always looking for good barbecue. My son, a picky eater, said the pulled pork was good and might be willing to go back. He refused to eat the Mac n Cheese due to green specks of spices in it. My daughter gave the chicken tenders child meal her approval. I found the pulled pork to be tasty but salty. The brisket seemed a little dry. The broccoli and green bean sides were perfectly cooked with just enough crunch. Service was good but there were no extra's that some have mentioned. Overall, it was good barbecue but not near as good as the road side barbecues where they have the smokers and serve it with greens and a slice of bread with your choice of sauce mom and pop style.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oak Park, Illinois
“Famous Dave's worth the trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I LOVE this Famous Dave's! The staff is great, personable, and did different stuff I've not experienced at other Famous Dave's. For example, we ate here and on the plate, the waitress made a funny pig face out of all the sauces. Brought a free sampling of fries (enough for all of the family of 5) to dip and sample. From the sassy to the devil spit - we had fun sharing and analyzing the sauces. And of course, all the food was great. I highly recommend Dave's Favorite Burger or True-Bleu Cheeseburger. Of course the ribs are excellent! Great Famous to try out, it's unlike others. Don't pass it up.

Visited March 2013
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I don't normally like to go to chain "corporate" restaurants, but this one is my favorite. I had the pulled pork, which the sauce was out of this world. The service was quick and the prices reasonable.

Visited January 2013