“Good barbecue” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Plainfield, Indiana
“Good barbecue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I have never had Dave's but was curious and always looking for good barbecue. My son, a picky eater, said the pulled pork was good and might be willing to go back. He refused to eat the Mac n Cheese due to green specks of spices in it. My daughter gave the chicken tenders child meal her approval. I found the pulled pork to be tasty but salty. The brisket seemed a little dry. The broccoli and green bean sides were perfectly cooked with just enough crunch. Service was good but there were no extra's that some have mentioned. Overall, it was good barbecue but not near as good as the road side barbecues where they have the smokers and serve it with greens and a slice of bread with your choice of sauce mom and pop style.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Oak Park, Illinois
“Famous Dave's worth the trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I LOVE this Famous Dave's! The staff is great, personable, and did different stuff I've not experienced at other Famous Dave's. For example, we ate here and on the plate, the waitress made a funny pig face out of all the sauces. Brought a free sampling of fries (enough for all of the family of 5) to dip and sample. From the sassy to the devil spit - we had fun sharing and analyzing the sauces. And of course, all the food was great. I highly recommend Dave's Favorite Burger or True-Bleu Cheeseburger. Of course the ribs are excellent! Great Famous to try out, it's unlike others. Don't pass it up.

Visited March 2013
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I don't normally like to go to chain "corporate" restaurants, but this one is my favorite. I had the pulled pork, which the sauce was out of this world. The service was quick and the prices reasonable.

Visited January 2013
San Francisco, California
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We love the BBQ combo. They give you lots of food and the service is great. It's located is right on downtown. We get a nice walk after dinner to burn off the calories

Visited July 2012
Ingleside, Illinois
“Good old BBQ in the Dells”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

For our party of 6 (4 teen girls and 2 adults) we ordered the family platter. Thinking we may need to add to it after we get into it...it ended up being more then plenty with some even left over. The food was great even though we were there towards the end of the night. Tasty and plenty of it so I look forward to going back to a Famous Dave's at other locations.
PS I have to mention also that I was extremely impressed with the staff. One of the girls in our party forgot her purse there with cash and her belonging. We called on Monday after our visit and they had it set aside for her with it all still there!!! Thanks and very impressive of the staff.

• Visited March 2013