“Great food, if you don't mind waiting” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great food, if you don't mind waiting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This place is the best breakfast place in the Dells. Delicious pancakes, huge portions, you may want to share (though they do charge extra fee for that). But! We had to wait for like 40 minutes to get our food! And this is breakfast (not dinner, not lunch) and we did go on a weekday, not weekend. The place did look kinda busy, though there was no wait to get a table, we were seated right away. Can't even imagine what it would be like if we went on a weekend.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Mequon, WI
“Good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We had a large group and everyone enjoyed their breakfast with many different items ordered. Fairly priced. We would definitely go back again.

Visited June 2014
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My wife and I arrived around 11:00am and were seated right away. I ordered an omelet which was very good but the pancakes were out of this world! My wife had the strawberry pancakes which she liked but could not finish because of the size of the portion. Actually both of us were full for most of the day!

Wausau, Wisconsin
“Unreliable Place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Are they open? Are they closed? They are called Mr Pancake, but sometimes they actually STOP serving pancakes after a certain time. I got into an arguement with them once when I went here for pancakes, and they told me it was lunch time so they didn't serve them. I asked why they are called Mr Pancake if they don't serve them all day. This year, it seems like they are open until 1:30pm. The food tastes okay if you can actually manage to get in at the right time.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Newton, Iowa
“I Hope You Are Very Hungry.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The hotel we stayed at didn't have a continental breakfast so we found a coupon for here and decided to try it. First plus for me was, the outside looks like a side-wheeler riverboat. Walked in and the inside is decorated also like a riverboat. Décor alone gets a 5.
Looking over the menu I decided on Pigs in a Blanket and my wife ordered their signature Banana Split Waffle. When our food arrived the look on my wife's face was priceless. Her waffle was huge. The mountain of toppings stood a good 8 inches high on top of a 10 inch Belgian Waffle. My plate had three huge pancakes wrapped around pork sausages.
The prices seemed a little high, but you are in a tourist trap town, until they bring your plate of food and then things look a whole lot different and not so expensive at all.
I would definitely come back here to eat breakfast the next trip to the Dells. What a great place, Very friendly wait staff, awesome décor.

• Visited June 2014