“very good breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Springfield, Illinois
“very good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Hey they're pancakes so im not gonna make a big deal out of it. Plenty of options, and a family of four was fed well. Servers were very accommodating to my picky kids.

Visited July 2012

Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States
“great food, just super loud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

First, it's not closed. Memorial Day weekend it was packed to the gills and louder than a rock concert. And someone loves to buy stuffed animals... the "gift shop" is packed with them. But you're here for the food and delicious food it is.

My husband had the Mexican omelet with pancakes - he said it was really tasty. I had whole grain French toast - also great. The server kept the coffee full and as busy as they were the wait for a table and food was surprisingly short. The longest delay was in getting our order taken but there were several large parties around us and I know those take time.

I was a little frustrated that with two check out registers, only one is set up for credit/debit. The second is cash only,which meant everyone was in the credit/debit line and the poor girl running the "cash only" register was twiddling her thumbs.

We were on our way home and had a camper in tow - worried about finding a place to park. Luckily there are a lot of parking lots in this area and we found an out of the way spot a couple of blocks down (behind the Pizza Pub and Japanese restaurant).

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
McHenry, Illinois
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We had some tasty pancakes!! Everything else wee had was good here too. The service was also excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I just booked our vacation for July 2013. I told the kids. The first thing out of my 6 year old's mouth was, "Are we going to Mr. Pancake, too?" And the answer is of course!

We stay at a cabin and grill hot dogs, burgers and steaks for dinner. But we have to go to Mr. Pancake for breakfast every morning. My kids and husband love their waffles, especially with ice cream on top (hey, we're on vacation!) I think they have the best french toast I have ever had anywhere. Their omelettes are are very good, as well. And of course their pancakes are the best! I am from Chicago, so I am used to eating good food. Mr. Pancake does not disappoint.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oswego, Illinois
“Sooo GOOD!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I've been to the Dell's off and on over the past 25+ years and last weekend was the first time I've eatten there. I just can't believe I've never been there!!! The pancakes are GREAT!!! I can honestly say, these are the greatest pancakes I've ever had. Service was fast and good. Menu had a wide pick of different pancakes. Also lots of sides... I highly recommend it for breakfast!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere