“Chop House” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
“Chop House”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

The meal was very good if not pricey. Kids meal $12.stayed at resort were given expired coupons threw away, should have offered us discount for all of us having water park wrist bands. Again meal was great very nice atmosphere would return without kids.

Visited April 2014

Highland, IN
“Everything Is Big at Kaminski's.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

my family and I had dinner at Kaminski's. The portions are HUGE. The sides we ordered could of feed the entire restaurant! We were a little disappointed in our steaks! My husband ordered the prime rib and it was way to salty and some parts were not very tender. We have had more flavorful and tender prime rib At Texas Road house. (Sorry, but true) I would be back for the Desserts, the entertainment, and service. My kids loved the Candy mountain and the cheesecake the size of your head was delicious! Service was excellent and entertainment was great! Friday and Saturday nights they have two talented gentlemen playing the piano,violin,and sax playing Frank Sinatra songs! Would definitely be back for drinks, desserts, and entertainment.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
chicago, IL
“EXCELLENT!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Fabulous steak dinner! Shrimp & Crabcakes are fabulous. Steaks perfectly done. Loaded mashed potatoes amazing. Well done!

Visited March 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
“Forget using a knife”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

The steaks are tender and full of flavor. Salads are made to order table side. The staff is friendly and the atmosphere is warm. The prices are a little on the high side but match the quality. The children's menu has a wide variety and is equal in quality.

Visited March 2014
Wisconsin
“Date Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We started the evening with a drink in the bar. Bartender brought a bar menu moments after we were seated. We received excellent service from him. My husband had their KC Old Fashion. I'm not typically an Old Fashion drinker, but I always take a sip of my husbands to see if I'll acquire a taste for it or find a way different "recipe" that I'd like. The KC Old Fashion was a really good drink. Pricey mixed drink, but very good.

The only complaint I have regarding the bar area, was one of the waitresses just took a stool from our table. No words were spoken, she just took the stool. She used the stool to stand on, to put glasses up on a shelf near the bar. I feel it would have been appropriate for her to ask if she could take/use the stool. Better yet, she could have used a stool from one of the other cocktail tables where no guests were seated. No words were spoken when she brought the stool back.

We took advantage of their Date Night special, which consisted of soup or salad, 1 appetizer, 2 entrees, 1 side and 1 dessert for $69.

For our appetizer, we selected the potstickers. They were very good and came with a dipping sauce that seemed to be a teriyaki type sauce that may have had some ginger. The sauce had a little zip to it, but I wouldn't consider it spicy.

We both selected the salad, which came in a large bowl on a cart along with multiple items (popcorn shrimp, cheese, onions, tomatoes, banana peppers, eggs, black olives, blue cheese and BACON) that could be added to the salad. The server added all the items to the salad that we both wanted and mixed those items up. We both selected their creamy garlic dressing, so that was added to the salad before it was mixed up. The dressing was not overdone, but if we wanted more dressing, our server left the remainder in a gravy boat. The salad was plated and any additional items that we wanted individually were added to our respective plates.

We both selected the filet, cooked medium, with mushrooms. Very good steak, perfectly cooked, very tasty and very tender. Mushrooms were plentiful.

For our side, we selected the loaded mashed potatoes. OMG....the serving was huge. We hardly put a dent in the pile of potatoes we were served and ended up bring the remainder home. There is easily enough potatoes there for four to six people. These are AWESOME potatoes!!!

For dessert, we selected the tiramisu. YUM!! Again, we had so much food, we ended up bring back the greater portion of the dessert too.

Overall, this was a fabulous meal. I would highly recommend, but I also can acknowledge that the normal pricing is fairly substantial. If you really want to go to Kaminski Bros, watch their website and/or the Shopper Stopper for deals like the Date Night Special.

My last issue to address is the restrooms. I noticed this in the women's and my husband noticed it in the men's as well. The faucet is too close to the sink basin. Individually, they are both nice, but it's a sanitary issue when you're hitting the basin with your hands to get your hands under the faucet.

Will definitely go back, but we can only afford to go when there is a special, such as the Date Night Special.

• Visited March 2014