“Excellent Place for Beef!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Gilberts, IL
“Excellent Place for Beef!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

While on a golf weekend with a couple of friends we decided to try Kaminski Brothers Chop House after a long day of golf. We were staying at the Chula Vista Resort and since it is right on the resort grounds we didn't have too far to go! We went on a Saturday night around 6:00 p.m. without reservations but we were seated right away (probably because it was off season). The menu was a simple one page collection of appetizers, steaks, entrees and sides. We decided to start with the calamari for our appetizer. It came mixed with peppers and had a sauce on the side. It was great, but as we soon came to find out, it may have been too much for us! Each entree comes with their Garbage Salad. It was a weird name for such a great salad! The waiter brings out a cart with a bowl of pre-mixed field greens, eight bowls of other items that can be mixed in such as red onions, eggs, bacon, baby shrimp, tomatoes and three others (sorry, cannot remember what they were!) and a creamy caesar dressing. It was delicious! This course comes served with their bread, which was o.k.

We ordered a side of mashed potatoes to be served with our entree. All of the sides are served family style. The mashed potatoes were very good, but it was enough for more than 10 people (there were only three of us!). I had the scallops wrapped in bacon and my friends had filet mignon and the petite filet. It was all excellent tasing!

Be prepared to spend quite a bit of money especially if you order beer or wine. While I would not have this on a regular basis, for a one time meal Kaminski Brothers Chop House is an excellent choice especially if you like beef!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Peoria, Illinois
“One of the best dining experiences EVER!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Absolute top notch dining here. My wife and I were blown away at the service, food, atmosphere and knowledge of staff. Service was A-1!!! We decided to skip any kind of appetizer (which in fact they all sounded delicious), because we knew what the portion sizes were going to be like on our entrees. My wife went with the surf n turf (8oz filet with a 1LB lobster tail) and I went with the single cut prime rib (yes, single cut is still 30oz). Then we decided on the loaded mashed potatoes (which were the size of a volcano model..lol) and we also had the mushrooms.

Visited September 2013
Green Lake, Wisconsin
“Great food, Lousy atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Husband, daughter, and I had great steaks, with a nice presentation of food for $250 (that includes our generous tip). For that amount of money, I expect to eat in fairly serene surroundings, not have kids crying, yelling, & banging spoons at one booth. We were also seated near a lg. very loud group that was in a separate room but it had no doors. Trying to be an upscale restaurant in a waterpark resort doesn't lead to a classy dining experience.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is an average place to eat for steak. Very overly priced! Better steak at BIG MOE'S on site. Service was nice, but overly priced!

Visited August 2013
“Great food, yet over priced!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband I wanted to go to a nice restaurant for our anniversary. We searched for ever till we found something and we chose this place. The food was great! We ordered an Alaskan king crab leg to start thought they don't tell you the price of this which is 50$ for one leg way over priced!!! We ordered steaks for our entree I had the Kansas City steak which was okay it did not blow me a way and that was a 50$ steak. My husband ordered the porterhouse which was amazing! We also order mashed potatoes to share which were the best part! Be prepared to bring home left overs. My only complaint is that if I am going to spend 250$ I do not want children screaming and kicking my booth behind me! It also was haRd to find if you do not know Chula vista. We honestly will probably never return.

• Visited August 2013