“Great food, Lousy atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Green Lake, Wisconsin
“Great food, Lousy atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Husband, daughter, and I had great steaks, with a nice presentation of food for $250 (that includes our generous tip). For that amount of money, I expect to eat in fairly serene surroundings, not have kids crying, yelling, & banging spoons at one booth. We were also seated near a lg. very loud group that was in a separate room but it had no doors. Trying to be an upscale restaurant in a waterpark resort doesn't lead to a classy dining experience.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cleveland, Ohio
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is an average place to eat for steak. Very overly priced! Better steak at BIG MOE'S on site. Service was nice, but overly priced!

Visited August 2013
“Great food, yet over priced!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband I wanted to go to a nice restaurant for our anniversary. We searched for ever till we found something and we chose this place. The food was great! We ordered an Alaskan king crab leg to start thought they don't tell you the price of this which is 50$ for one leg way over priced!!! We ordered steaks for our entree I had the Kansas City steak which was okay it did not blow me a way and that was a 50$ steak. My husband ordered the porterhouse which was amazing! We also order mashed potatoes to share which were the best part! Be prepared to bring home left overs. My only complaint is that if I am going to spend 250$ I do not want children screaming and kicking my booth behind me! It also was haRd to find if you do not know Chula vista. We honestly will probably never return.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Delavan, Wisconsin
“Great place to Celebrate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I along with another couple went to Kaminski Brothers in August 2013. We went to celebrate both of our anniversaries. When I made the reservation, I was asked if we were celebrating anything, so I did mention our anniversaries. We did have a problem finding the restaurant when we got to the Chula Vista resort because we didn't go in the main door (I thought it was!). A lady who worked there tried to show us where to go, and we ended up walking in a circle! We finally arrived and were seated at a window table overlooking the river. This is a very expensive restaurant where everything is a la carte, but we knew this going in. My husband and the other guy in our group both ordered steaks, I had bacon wrapped scallops and the other girl had ribs. All were very good. We also got a side of loaded mashed potatoes for the table to share. (All sides are made to be shared.) Before ordering, the server brings out a cart and shows you all of the cuts of meat-that was very nice. The lobster tail and crab legs are just huge! Main entrees come with their "garbage salad", which is a salad prepared tableside by the server. You tell him/her what topping you want and they mix it all up for you. It was so good. You also get a bread basket with butter. Everyone liked their dinner very much. I did unwrap the bacon from my scallops as I felt the bacon flavor overpowered the scallop, but it was still very good. The server brought out a surprise dessert for our table for our anniversaries. It was this huge double-decker brownie with ice cream and hot fudge and carmel. It was very, very good. The four of us had a good portion but couldn't even finish it. That's how big it was and we were stuffed from our entrees. The meal came to about $220 for the four of us, but that amount includes a very generous tip. We were there about 2 hours and our server was very attentive and the food was excellent. This is not someplace you go to often because of the price, but we will definitely be back sometime when we have another celebration!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago area
“Holy $$$$$”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We ate there and really tried to stay on a budget. It was a special occasion otherwise we might have eaten elsewhere. We stayed overnight at Chula Vista so it was convenient. The food and service were very good. The bill was over $200.00. 2 kids steaks, no drinks for the adults and no appetizers! I can't really recommend this place unless you have money to blow.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere