“Bring your wallet and low expectations” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Big Lake, Minnesota
“Bring your wallet and low expectations”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2007

The Kaminski Bros. restaurant at the Chula Vista resort is overpriced, overrated and they can't cook a steak. I took a couple of business associates to this "upscale" restaurant at the location we were having our conference. On first appearance it looks like an upscale steak house until you look at the details. The table ware is a little thinner, the chairs a little harder, no table cloths, thin napkins... I was shocked at the menu prices, $34 for a 8 oz. filet and that was the least expensive steak item on the menu. Even the server was a knock off. Her delivery was canned, she was well rehearsed but not knowledgable. They feature a table side garbage salad, yeah that's what they call it. Basically a tossed salad, with house garlic dressing in which you can add things like cheese, tomatoes, onions, shrimp etc. Zzzz. Tableside snoozer. I ordered the blue cheese crusted filet @ $34, Medium Rare. I received a tasteless crusted filet cooked medium well. Normally I would have sent it back, but it was late and I knew that I would never come back to this restaurant again so I ate what I could and chocked it up to experience. Do not waste you money here.