“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Star Motel Resort
Save Saved
You added Star Motel Resort to your Saves list
1571 & 1531 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #57 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
milwaukee
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

We arrived at the motel on Thursday with 7 people. The hotel looks right out of the brady bunch. Green wood head boards, black rod iron hanging lamps and dated furniture. I would not have had a problem with the old decor but the room had stained sheets and shower curtin and smelled musty. If you turned the a/c on it cleared up this problem. The guests at the hotel were very loud and I felt like I was on an epasode of cops. The pools and picnic area are nice. it really comes down to you get what you pay for. My family was on a tight buget this year but we will be saving up for better accommidations next year.

• Liked — picnic area
  • Disliked — not clean
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Solo
Business
Rhinelander Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2007

You get what you pay for. Motel's/Hotels on a Summer Weekend in June will normally cost $129 - $139 per night. Star Motel's cost was $49.00. I've been to worse motels and I've been to much better.

The Room had a musty smell. The smell went away after I turned on the air conditioner. Room was OK, Fridge was in working condition. Microwave worked. It wasn't the cleanest place. Bedding was washed but old and full of stains. I am afraid to ask where the stains came from. It also looked like someone blew their nose on the shower curtain. I didn't need to use the showers because we used the showers at the water parks.

They did have a nice playground and plenty of grills for outside cooking. I used a couple of the pools, they seemed OK.

Employees were OK.

It is too bad the place is so run down. The place could be thriving with a little bit of TLC.

I would give the Star Motel a Terrible Rating had I paid a higher price for my room. You can't really expect High Class amenities
for $49.00 a night.

If you plan on staying here. Bring your own bedding, extra pillows and a can of Lysol.

• Liked — Location. Place is centrally located to several popular Waterparks and tourist attractions.
  • Disliked — Room was not clean. Some problems with old bedding, and old pillows. Bathroom was not clean.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Green Bay, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2007

I read the first review and I was scared! That is, until i went to the motel this weekend. It's not the worst hotel i've ever stayed in, and I encountered NO problems with cleanliness or the decor. (But quite honestly, I dont care too much about a hotel's decor anyway)

When you're in Wisconsin Dells, you shouldnt really be spending a lot of time in your room.

The times that i was in the room, i found it to be comfortable and clean. While the hot tub near the office did not work during the 2nd night, they had a whole other pool area that did have a functioning hot tub. they have 6 pools, the staff is polite, friendly, and accommodating, and i found that i would go back to this property for future reservations.

Additionally, they included a deal to get Mt Olympus waterpark tickets for $14 with a room reservartion, normally those tickets are $34. It was a great deal, at a good hotel.

• Liked — the location and proximity to theme parks, as well as the $14 mt olympus tickets
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2007

WOW. You really get what you pay for. I booked a one-night hotel stay here because it was one of the cheapest motels in the Dells.

The room smelled musty and had not been updated for years. Now I am not one to care particularly if the decor is the latest and greatest, but never before have I stayed somewhere that had such outdated decor. The TV, curtains, lighting, bedsheets, old, old, OLD as in 1970's old.

The bathroom was tiny and did not contain any soap, shampoo, lotions, etc. The refrigerator did not work. On a big sign out front it listed all the amenities including phones in the room. Well, there was no phone in our room, and when I went to the front desk to inquire I was told there were no phones in any rooms!

Also both the whirlpools and the sauna was out of order! TERRIBLE!!!!! Not worth the $65 I paid. I wouldn't pay $20 to stay here.

0 stars!

• Liked — They had two pools that seemed okay
  • Disliked — There were no phones!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Star Motel Resort? Share your experiences!