“Walked out as soon as we got there.” 1 of 5 stars

You added Chippewa Motel & Suites to your Saves list
Chippewa Motel & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1114 East Broadway Street, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #72 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Walked out as soon as we got there.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

To me this is what you would expect from a 2 star hotel. Which is sad because this is where the stigma comes from. We pull up and your first general impression is the place is run down. Duck tape and card board over a door window. A door frame stoop crumbing from underneath the door. The front office a distinct awful odor. The receptionist not appearing to enjoy her job and giving no recommendations of things to do. The outside pool not in operation. No where did I see any sign off remodeling. The description of the hotel is false advertising. Old 90s TV in the room. Flies in room. My wife did not feel comfortable sitting on the beds.

• Stayed September 2014
Prince T, General Manager at Chippewa Motel & Suites, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to bring such matters to our attention. We value your patronage and certainly want to know if you are dissatisfied in any way.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ferryville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We got into our room and wet towels all over the bathroom, room had not been cleaned, beds were stained, and nothing was stocked. They had told us they would bring back clean towels once they were out of dryer and never got them and ran out of toilet paper and called twice and never got any. Breakfast area was dirty everywhere, looked as never been cleaned! I would never stay here again. Awful stay!

• Stayed August 2014
Prince T, General Manager at Chippewa Motel & Suites, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Oblong, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My family of 5 checked in this "hotel" on 8-9-14. We were shocked to see how terrible this place was. The picture their website shows of their rooms looks decent, but that picture was taken probably on opening day 50+ years ago. Our hotel room smelled bad and wasn't clean at all. My husband's towels were dirty and stained. The sheets and comforters were dirty and stained. I am so glad I brought a blanket for our long car trip! I didn't even want the sheets to touch me. We had reservations from 8-9-14 to 8-11-14. Well we checked out early Sunday evening because we couldn't stomach staying there one more night. This place needs to be shut down!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Prince T, General Manager at Chippewa Motel & Suites, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. We are making improvement daily to our hotel. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed here 1 night; August 7th, 2014. and could not wait to leave in the AM. We did not sleep well, because we were worried about bugs, and the smell of mold kept us awake. The room was filthy, and smelly. The front door did not close completely shut, the bedroom door would not close at all, it was too big for the door frame. There was NO carpeting in the hallways. This place needs to be shut down. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: NO TIPS for this hotel, except - keep driving, do not stay there.
Green Features: there was not any environmentally friendly practices at this dump
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Where do we start.....we are here one more night....1st night absolutely the worst place I've ever stayed. The pool area is completely filthy, the bathrooms are disgusting down there, the hot tub and sauna don't work, and the pool is cloudy. The arcade room neither games work. The breakfast room is grungy and when they say free they mean nothing in there can be eaten, no milk, no waffle mix, so it's free but good luck. The wifi is free but does not work. The room is dirty, I see laziness everywhere. The lamp shade is crooked, the screen on the window is broken, the desk table and coffee maker are in a place you can not reach an outlet, and the cable wire for the cable is frayed and does not work, all things a non lazy person would fix easily without any money spent. The comforters are from 60 years ago, someone for sure probably passed away on these at one point. Hair on the beds and carpet so no one cleaned obviously, the toilet paper holder is broken so they put that on the toilet and placed the toilet paper on the ground. All through the night some drunk folks fought in the hallway and we called the front desk to hear an answering machine since no one was on duty apparently, let's call that a lawsuit waiting to happen. I'm in room 205 one more night, I would assume management will reach out to us and fix our issues and issue a refund since I ordered two nights online through a hotel website. I will post a follow up after I hear from them which I assume I will not. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel is crappy! I stayed there from 8-1-14 to 8-4-14 only bc I had to. When we got there the carpets were stained with what looked like blood there was cat food all over the floor and the bath tissue holder was broken we had to use the door handle. The second day we woke up to get showers and there was NO HOT WATER at all. It was like taking a shower in the hose. The towels were all stained and had hair in them. The carpet in the hall way was taken up and our SUIT was awful was suppose to have two bathrooms and didn't. This place is a crap hole. The mini fridge had left over food in it. The free huge breakfast was just cereal. The third day we had to wait until 9pm to get towels bc the one washer an dryer they had broke. They had two people for the whole hotel as house keepers. The desk worker was rude and when we asked for the manger they couldn't get ahold of him. The hot tube was broke the out door pool was broke and the indoor pool the pump was broke. This place is a joke it's not worth saving the money I would suggest Mt.Olympus or some place else.

• Stayed August 2014
Iowa City, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Upon arrival the front desk was empty. After a short wait the clerk said he could upgrade us to a jacuzzi suite, I thought great, however completely unable to use it or the shower, as we had no hot water. The room was dirty, used q-tip on floor, coffee pot had mold in it, curtains half hanging off, loose hairs in tub..disgusting!! The hallway was bare concrete. Patchwork all over the walls. Pool closed @ 9pm and the hot tub is boarded over. I tried to call desk and no one ever answered for my whole stay and I have been trying to contact the manager for a week with the response. This place is no bargain!!! Oh, and the bed was hard as a rock.