“Run!!!” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1114 East Broadway Street, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #72 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Run!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Where to start....staff barely spoke english and were terrible rude! Outdoor pool HA probably never been cleaned water looked brown and green lawn chairs all over the place. Rooms were nasty dirty doesnt even begin to describe them. Not sure how they are even in business. The whole property was nasty looked like at any moment a drug raid was going to happen. We ended not even staying had to cancel my credit cards because he said we will charge you plus more! Runn for the hills. We ended up going to the all star value up the street very nice.

• Stayed July 2014
Prince T, General Manager at Chippewa Motel & Suites, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. We are making improvement daily to our hotel. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

this is oneif not the worst experiences we have had in our travels. The "first" room was filthy and doubt if it was cleaned. The sink had hair and toothpaste, the toilet had "stuff" floating in it, the TP holder was torn of the wall and laying on the floor along with the TP roll, bed linens appeared to have been slept on without laundering, clothes rack missing from wall and more. Requested another room, which wasn't any better, but due to some time constraints we put our luggage in the room and left hoping maybe it would not be as bad as the first room. However, the second room was no better. The a/c wall unit did not work properly and remove the humidity so it was humid, damp, and musty smelling. There was no microwave, only a few TV channels, none of which were local, furniture was beat up, faucets leaked, no hair dryer, no security chain on the door. It appeared the tub/shower enclosure was newer and worked okay, but everything else was in poor condition. Although we did not use the indoor pool we noted that the water was very murky and you could not see the bottom of the pool. The free breakfast was in a basement with dangerous steps. There were no other guests or an attendant. There was no coffee, fruit, or waffle batter and the few donuts were frozen. We checked out and went to Denny's. It appears some renovation is occuring, not very organized.

The owners should be embarrassed to even advertise and some one should inform the local health department about some of the obvious hazardous and filthy conditions. Would not stay there again even if renovated and it was free.

Hotels.com, Expedia, and other hotel websites should not post hotels that are rated this poorly.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
milwaukee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a nice quit vacation!!! In two words it sucked! We stayed out of the hotel as much as possible.It was dank and moldy smelling. The wi-fi didn't work. My wife couldn't wear her new swimsuit because the outdoor pool was closed and the indoor pool looked like part of a sewage treatment plant.cable t.v.? 20 channels is not cable....p.s. It's 2014 the flatscreen t.v. Has been out for some time.lol a tube t.v. Was in our room.As far as the renovation goes the place should hire people that can. The toilet paper dispenser fell off the wall. All the "new" furniture is scratched up. The carpet was cut short so the tack strips along the walls were exposed(caution parents with crawling babies). The bath tub bottom was filthy. And one last thing the exhaust fan motor blows into the bathroom not out!really? Newly renovated? My wife apologized to me several times for picking such a bad place. I told her I loved her and not to worry about. P.s. Beside this hotel that should be immediately shutdown I had a great vacation. We will never stay here again. Free advice to the owner. Fire everybody and start over!!!
(thanks for letting me vent)

• Stayed July 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I guess you get what you pay for, but this was not as advertise. It should be stated before a person waste their hard earned money, that a place is having remodeling, or pool problems, or Wi-Fi problems, or free continental breakfast problems, etc. This was by far one of the worse places we have stayed in a very long time. There were so many things wrong with this place I wondered why where they open, then it occurred to me, "to get, unsuspecting people like me, MONEY". I hope others don't find out the hard way like me.

Room Tip: Do your home work of places you reserve
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Arrived around 6:30pm. Back in 5 sign at lobby desk. Maintenance guy came to check us in, couldn't find reservation until we pulled up on I-pad. Then said he cancelled another's whose card was denied. With the filled, dirty laundry cart in the lobby, things were not going well. Up the stairs to our room, we were greeted by "carpet remnant hallway." Room had coat rack torn off wall with screws still hanging out, strange asemblance of furniture. The towels were soft -obviously new. The continental breakfast held 7-9 in basement room. First time we enter to a continental breakfast where no one was there 30 minutes in, chairs were stacked on tables and cereal was mostly empty. We skipped the breakfast. Walking to the truck, we could see half the rooms were filled with remodeling supplies, furniture, etc. we understand need to keep income while doing major remodeling, but there still needs to be service. Somehow, it felt like there is one guy doing checkin, room change/cleaning, maintenance, breakfast setup. That just doesn't work.

Room Tip: There are no good choices right now.
Green Features: Empty the construction dumpsters. We don't need to se what was in the room before us.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Black River Falls, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I have stayed in some other not great hotels, this is by far THE WORST! When we Arrived a little after 5( check in started at 4) no one was at the front desk to check us in. When they did get there to get us checked in, they didn't have any money in the cash register to give us our change. He told us we were the first people to check in since they opened that day for the season. Then he had to ask someone if there was a room ready . There wasn't, but they put the fridge in and cable for the TV and gave us our room. Well the cable They gave us was taped up, and not very well, because the picture only lasted for a minute. After we got the second cord installed we turned on something for the kids. We had to do it by hand because the remote didn't work, but whatever, we managed no big deal. Then we realized the door on the bathroom was hung too low. it wouldn't open or close.They fixed that by beating it with a hammer till enough was chipped off on to the floor. When we turned the shower on the water was backwards so we thought they labeled it wrong until we realize there was hot water going to our toilet... They actually hooked them up backwards. But even once we figure that out the water temperature was not at all stable. A shower took us from really hot to really cold and back several times. The hooks that held the shower curtain would not stay closed so the shower curtain would not stay up.The huge indoor pool was not heated enough to swim in The outdoor pool had not been touched for a very long time. The headboard came off the wall for one of the beds. The fridge was missing pieces. Microwave had no plate. Heat/air unit had Buttons but was missing the knobs. The key card stopped working. The "blackout curtains" were not hung properly. The chairs in the breakfast area were we inside but not out so you didn't know it was wet until you could feel it on your behind. The breakfast was kind of a joke. The WiFi barely worked in the lobby and didn't work anywhere else. It was horrible. The guy that I assume was the manager was very nice. He seemed to have a lot on his plate and out of his control but that is not my problem. I paid decent money for a room I dreaded going to. As a thank you & I'm sorry, they insulted us with 20% off of our next visit... HAHA right! I will never go there again and suggest that nobody else ever does either.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Our initial reservation was at an Econolodge, but they had to shut down due to a maintenance issue so the Econolodge put us up here. The pool and hot tub were closed and thankfully so since the water was green and filled with bacteria. (From the reviews, it appears the pool hasn't been working in over a year.) The manager was NOT hospitable and told us it was our problem for staying there. During the night two rooms in our hallway were unlocked and kept "open". I'm assuming this was for the hookers. We had two rooms because we had two families. Neither family changed into their night clothes nor did we get under the covers to sleep. Carpet stains, crabby employees, moldy smells, old towels and free fruit flies with your complimentary breakfast in the basement. Perfect place for a crime. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here, not even if it was free.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Chippewa Motel & Suites, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.

Been to Chippewa Motel & Suites? Share your experiences!