“Disgusting!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 77 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Disgusting!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The minute we walked into the room , we saw dirt all over one bed, we had to call the front desk and he brought us new bedding. As we were putting the new bedding on the headboard fell on me. There was burn holes in the comforter. There was no light bulbs in any light but one, I paid extra for microwave and refrigerator and the microwave did not work, and there wasn't even a turntable plate in it. There was less than a half a roll of toilet paper just sitting on the holder, the curtains did not fit the window, the kleenex box fell out when we grabbed a kleenex. There was food on the floor, that we didn't eat there. We asked the day guy to tell housekeeping to give us extra towels, but housekeeping never came to clean the room. There was no clock, and this is the first time ever I had to pay for ice, and then there was white stuff on it. No way to contact office after 11:00, it was closed, dark and locked, and no one answered the phone. The day guy was so grubby and nasty looking, we would have left if there was ANYWHERE else to go.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Chippewa Motel & Suites, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Rooms dark,dirty, and smell like the sewage backed up and flooded. Pool area disgusting, no chlorine, and hot tub dismantled. Carets wet in rooms and filthy in hallways. Management disrespectful land rude.Not a Motel that should be open at all!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Internet not working.
No shower curtain.
TV remote missing
Shampoo missing
Front desk doesn't answer phone, so had to walk to lobby for each item
Hallway carpet filthy.
Holes in the wall near door.
It's like nobody cares.
Worst hotel ever.
Worst motel ever..

• Stayed June 2013
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Chippewa Motel & Suites, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
La Crosse, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

First to management…..don’t even reply to this with your lies like you have done to others. You haven’t done anything to change everything that is wrong. This place was never renovated and you know it!!!! There is another review from not too long ago and someone said the same thing about the dirty outdoor pool and it looks the same. You just want others to believe you changed. This place should be shut down!!!!! I was there June 21st through June 23rd I don’t even know where to start. When I walked in I immediately went to use the bathroom and it was nasty. Long black hair all over the floor. It was filthy….The entire room was gross. Thankfully I had my own bedding. There was mildew in the coffee pot and a black curly hair wrapped inside one of the many broken pieces to the pot. Funny thing…there were NO cups lol The room walls are very thing and two young teenagers had to hear our neighbors have relations all night. Screaming and you name it they were doing it because we heard it…sadly it was more than two people in that room together and you could clearly hear. No one was ever at the front desk. There was a sign be back in 5 minutes which was a los a big fat lie. The outdoor pool had 2 inches of algae in in. The indoor pool was ice cold. They charge you for ice. Some of the workers must live in one of the units because they had their base on so load the outside ice machine was shaking. The list goes on….we wouldn’t even eat the free breakfast…too scared. When we came back to our room they never even came in and cleaned it…so no clean towels…not surprising seeing it wasn’t clean when we got there. When we left to go have fun on Saturday there was a bunch of cereal in the hallway and when we left Sunday it was still there. We met several others who were there at the same time we were with the same complaints. I wish I had an hour to write everything that was wrong. I wish I had read the reviews beforehand. DON”T STAY THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Nashotah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had booked for 2 nights, through booking.com and then read the reviews. We cancelled right away throught booking.com. It was like within 10mins. We got a confirmation from booking.com. 5 days later our credit card was charges $290.00. not even close to what the rooms would have cost! Booking.com doesn't understand why the motel charged the card. Booking.com and ourselves have been trying to call the motel and no answer.. What shady business! We had read that the weekend we were suppose to go, they got shut down by the fire inspector. So many other nice places around them to go to..

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Appleton, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Was promised free waterpark passes with my reservation, but never got them. Even after they said they would hold them for me.
Other issues included:
All pillows lacked pillowcases
One of the lamp shades lacked a light bulb
The plumbing was especially noisy throughout the whole stay, we even closed the bathroom door to keep the level of noise down.
The shower had very low water pressure and
There was no regular coffee in the continental breakfast, only decaf
This is just a partial list of the issues we had during our stay.

The full list is VERY lengthy. Never will I book with this hotel again. And definitely not worth the $113 for one night during spring break.

Room Tip: Even non-smoking rooms smelled of smoke.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Chippewa Motel & Suites, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Skokie, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Where do I even begin? I stayed over at the Chippewa a couple years ago for labor day weekend. It was great! Customer service was excellent, it was clean, staff was super nice. So here we come back couple years later...checked in around 10:30pm....odd the indoor pool was closed early. I asked the guy at the front desk, "what time does the pool usually close"? he responses 10pm. hmm couple years ago it closed way later than that. Anyway...moving on. So he first tells me he only has 3 passes too the water park and we have 6 people. OK.....i said ok no worries we have the pool. So we walk to our room.....just walking up those stairs was EXTREMELY nasty, smelly, dirty, filthy....etc... so we go inside the room. EWWWWW!!! Oh and they also mentioned the rooms were RENOVATED! YEA RIGHT!!! The carpet was stained, bathroom was horrifying! Blood on the toilet, Bugs everywhere, tub was nastyyyyyyyyy!!! The sheets were stained. It was just soooo horrible! It was too late to go back to the office and see if we could get our money back...so WE ended up going to walmart and BOUGHT cleaning items! I came back and cleaned the room myself! Just so we can use the bathroom. And we bought new sheets. We waited till the next morning. Walked right to the office and complained. They responded "the manager isn't here, and we cant give out a name" oh really.....his card was on the desk you moron! Made my complain walked over to the outdoor pool.....and what do i see....GREEN WATER. I mean honest to god! SERIOUSLY! And then we walked over to the indoor pool. Little kids screaming..."i have to pee".....well we all know what happen from there on. Walked right back over to the front desk and said we cant stay here another night. They had charged us for two nights....but there was no way we could've lasted in there another night. They refunded one of our nights but not the other. I don't care if its a hotel or a motel or a tent. If your running a business and its a tourist attraction...you NEVER EVER disappoint your customers. You nasty nasty nasty people. CLEAN!!! Other wise I hope that place shuts down! AND DONT BELIEVE WHAT IT SAYS ON THEIR SITE. ITS NOT RENOVATED! WE TOOK PICTURES OF EVERYTHING. HOPE IT CLOSES DOWN SOON.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Chippewa Motel & Suites, responded to this review, February 14, 2013

Been to Chippewa Motel & Suites? Share your experiences!