“Cancelled and was still charged” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1114 East Broadway Street, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #73 of 78 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersGold level
Nashotah
“Cancelled and was still charged”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had booked for 2 nights, through booking.com and then read the reviews. We cancelled right away throught booking.com. It was like within 10mins. We got a confirmation from booking.com. 5 days later our credit card was charges $290.00. not even close to what the rooms would have cost! Booking.com doesn't understand why the motel charged the card. Booking.com and ourselves have been trying to call the motel and no answer.. What shady business! We had read that the weekend we were suppose to go, they got shut down by the fire inspector. So many other nice places around them to go to..

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Chippewa Motel & Suites, responded to this review, June 29, 2013

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Appleton, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Was promised free waterpark passes with my reservation, but never got them. Even after they said they would hold them for me.
Other issues included:
All pillows lacked pillowcases
One of the lamp shades lacked a light bulb
The plumbing was especially noisy throughout the whole stay, we even closed the bathroom door to keep the level of noise down.
The shower had very low water pressure and
There was no regular coffee in the continental breakfast, only decaf
This is just a partial list of the issues we had during our stay.

The full list is VERY lengthy. Never will I book with this hotel again. And definitely not worth the $113 for one night during spring break.

Room Tip: Even non-smoking rooms smelled of smoke.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Chippewa Motel & Suites, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Skokie, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Where do I even begin? I stayed over at the Chippewa a couple years ago for labor day weekend. It was great! Customer service was excellent, it was clean, staff was super nice. So here we come back couple years later...checked in around 10:30pm....odd the indoor pool was closed early. I asked the guy at the front desk, "what time does the pool usually close"? he responses 10pm. hmm couple years ago it closed way later than that. Anyway...moving on. So he first tells me he only has 3 passes too the water park and we have 6 people. OK.....i said ok no worries we have the pool. So we walk to our room.....just walking up those stairs was EXTREMELY nasty, smelly, dirty, filthy....etc... so we go inside the room. EWWWWW!!! Oh and they also mentioned the rooms were RENOVATED! YEA RIGHT!!! The carpet was stained, bathroom was horrifying! Blood on the toilet, Bugs everywhere, tub was nastyyyyyyyyy!!! The sheets were stained. It was just soooo horrible! It was too late to go back to the office and see if we could get our money back...so WE ended up going to walmart and BOUGHT cleaning items! I came back and cleaned the room myself! Just so we can use the bathroom. And we bought new sheets. We waited till the next morning. Walked right to the office and complained. They responded "the manager isn't here, and we cant give out a name" oh really.....his card was on the desk you moron! Made my complain walked over to the outdoor pool.....and what do i see....GREEN WATER. I mean honest to god! SERIOUSLY! And then we walked over to the indoor pool. Little kids screaming..."i have to pee".....well we all know what happen from there on. Walked right back over to the front desk and said we cant stay here another night. They had charged us for two nights....but there was no way we could've lasted in there another night. They refunded one of our nights but not the other. I don't care if its a hotel or a motel or a tent. If your running a business and its a tourist attraction...you NEVER EVER disappoint your customers. You nasty nasty nasty people. CLEAN!!! Other wise I hope that place shuts down! AND DONT BELIEVE WHAT IT SAYS ON THEIR SITE. ITS NOT RENOVATED! WE TOOK PICTURES OF EVERYTHING. HOPE IT CLOSES DOWN SOON.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Chippewa Motel & Suites, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

actually, i would have been happier in a pup tent.

this place was straight up disgusting. rolled in with my husband and three kids ready for a fun weekend in the dells and instead got a nasty room with dog feces stomped into one end of the carpet and food, toilet paper, and other unidentifiable bits of garbage stomped into the rest of the carpet. beds looked like a crime scene had unfolded on them. mattresses full of stains and bed spreads were old and unwashed. rooms smelled like mildew and mold. bathrooms were about the grossest things i've ever been in. we could not understand why the windows were cracked open when it was nearly 101 degrees outside. it became apparent when we shut the window. the room filled up with a stench we could not identify that appeared to be coming from the restroom. air conditioner did not work properly. we asked to change rooms and were switched to another room that was also disgusting but cooler.

our toddler was covered in a black film from crawling about on the floor. his hands, feet, and legs had a black tint that i could get off easily with soap and water in the bath, and it came from the carpet in the room! super yuck! the pools are a joke. each are gross in their own way, but neither had a filter running while i was there. green and vile. hair balls bobbing along in each. the "picnic" area is a dilapidated picnic bench and a broke down bbq like from a state park out behind the motel. don't get your hopes up. it's nothing special at all. the hot tub was a boarded up hole in the ground while we were visiting as well.

nobody in our room felt like eating the continental breakfast because we were too busy killing the roaches in our room. that doesn't exactly make you want to run out and eat anything this place has to offer. it should probably be condemned.

the service was ridiculous bad. the front desk didn't seem to want to be bothered. to be honest, i wouldn't want to be them either. i never saw so many unhappy people in one place at one time. at our check in, there were at least three other people who either wanted different rooms or just wanted to leave. i couldn't understand why i was being charged BEFORE i even went to my room either, but once i saw i room... it made perfect sense. no one would stay if they saw the absolute squalor they were being forced to stay in. who would pay for that?!

better business bureau, people. this is false advertising. it claims to have been renovated. it's clearly not.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Chippewa Motel & Suites, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear LvY165,
Green Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

If you are going to stay here make sure you bring some disinfectant! The rooms are soooo gross! Had to pee so I ran into the room..... Bathroom door didn't shut properly, the toilet had brown stains in it, the toilet paper holder was broken there were dead flies on the floor, my daughter was first to try the shower and there was no hot water there was mold in the shower... That is JUST the bathroom!! I figure someone must have died in there because there were that many flies! Fly guts all over the place, hard beds, nasty disgusting carpet, chips and holes in the furniture, no clock, rotten something in the refrigerater some kind of nasty spill in the microwave, one tiny garbage... In a family suite.... Are you kidding me!?! In the morning the breakfast was not much... They didn't have much of a variety and they didn't have a lot of food period! They ran out of fruit, juice, pastries, bread, and the packaged little Debbie's that they were serving! They had a waffle maker that took 3 minutes to make a waffle and one lady made like 10 waffles so I couldn't give my kids that! The waffle batter was watered down too! There were tons of people coming in for the breakfast and they never once came to refill it! The clerk at checkout was gone at checkout time! ThAt is the busiest part of the day, why would you leave your counter empty?!? I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone! It should be shut down!! Stay away!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Chippewa Motel & Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear TeenaBoBina, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Boscobel, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I couldn't believe it!!! The pictures on line look like it's a nice motel- these pictures are very decieving. We got there and checked into our room. The room stunk and the carpet was filthy dirty, stained, and ripped. The carpet was so bad I don't think I could've walked on it with bare feet. We went and tried to get my money back and that wasn't happening so they let us have a different room. After the third one we finally found one that was doable, but still wasn't the greatest. It didn't stink! The remote didn't work so we had to complain about that, my son sat at the foot of his bed and it fell off the frame. The continental breakfast was terrible, I would've been to scared to eat the food there anyway! The wi-fi never worked the whole time we were there either. I will NEVER stay at this motel again!!!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sarah B, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
WI, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

When I arrived the 1st room given was not even cleaned with dirty sheets and garbage spread across the floor. So i went back and got another room. The second one was cleaner but not much better. They had period stained towels, dirty stained sheets and stained window treatments. I feel completely ripped off because the room looked nothing like the pictures online. And then there were drunks at 3 in the morning yelling outside the door til 5am and nobody was there to help the situation. When I checked out of the hotel/motel the clerk asked how my stay was and i said "not the best." Then she rolled her eyes and said "well would you like a receipt?" I said "Yes I'd like to get out of here considering I was waiting on you for a half hour at the front desk. And thank goodness my friend had a phone number to get ahold of you so we wouldn't have to wait any longer than that." I was completely disappointed with the service, cleanliness, and overall stay at Chippewa Motel and Suites.
****Click this link below to find out what you get for your money at Chippewa Motel and Suites. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFW4gbsXrHs&feature=youtu.be

Room Tip: Click this link to find out what you get for your money at Chippewa Motel and Suites
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Hailey R, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Been to Chippewa Motel & Suites? Share your experiences!