“this place must have been rennovated from a pup tent...” 1 of 5 stars

Chippewa Motel & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1114 East Broadway Street, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #71 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago, Illinois
“this place must have been rennovated from a pup tent...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

actually, i would have been happier in a pup tent.

this place was straight up disgusting. rolled in with my husband and three kids ready for a fun weekend in the dells and instead got a nasty room with dog feces stomped into one end of the carpet and food, toilet paper, and other unidentifiable bits of garbage stomped into the rest of the carpet. beds looked like a crime scene had unfolded on them. mattresses full of stains and bed spreads were old and unwashed. rooms smelled like mildew and mold. bathrooms were about the grossest things i've ever been in. we could not understand why the windows were cracked open when it was nearly 101 degrees outside. it became apparent when we shut the window. the room filled up with a stench we could not identify that appeared to be coming from the restroom. air conditioner did not work properly. we asked to change rooms and were switched to another room that was also disgusting but cooler.

our toddler was covered in a black film from crawling about on the floor. his hands, feet, and legs had a black tint that i could get off easily with soap and water in the bath, and it came from the carpet in the room! super yuck! the pools are a joke. each are gross in their own way, but neither had a filter running while i was there. green and vile. hair balls bobbing along in each. the "picnic" area is a dilapidated picnic bench and a broke down bbq like from a state park out behind the motel. don't get your hopes up. it's nothing special at all. the hot tub was a boarded up hole in the ground while we were visiting as well.

nobody in our room felt like eating the continental breakfast because we were too busy killing the roaches in our room. that doesn't exactly make you want to run out and eat anything this place has to offer. it should probably be condemned.

the service was ridiculous bad. the front desk didn't seem to want to be bothered. to be honest, i wouldn't want to be them either. i never saw so many unhappy people in one place at one time. at our check in, there were at least three other people who either wanted different rooms or just wanted to leave. i couldn't understand why i was being charged BEFORE i even went to my room either, but once i saw i room... it made perfect sense. no one would stay if they saw the absolute squalor they were being forced to stay in. who would pay for that?!

better business bureau, people. this is false advertising. it claims to have been renovated. it's clearly not.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Chippewa Motel & Suites, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear LvY165,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

If you are going to stay here make sure you bring some disinfectant! The rooms are soooo gross! Had to pee so I ran into the room..... Bathroom door didn't shut properly, the toilet had brown stains in it, the toilet paper holder was broken there were dead flies on the floor, my daughter was first to try the shower and there was no hot water there was mold in the shower... That is JUST the bathroom!! I figure someone must have died in there because there were that many flies! Fly guts all over the place, hard beds, nasty disgusting carpet, chips and holes in the furniture, no clock, rotten something in the refrigerater some kind of nasty spill in the microwave, one tiny garbage... In a family suite.... Are you kidding me!?! In the morning the breakfast was not much... They didn't have much of a variety and they didn't have a lot of food period! They ran out of fruit, juice, pastries, bread, and the packaged little Debbie's that they were serving! They had a waffle maker that took 3 minutes to make a waffle and one lady made like 10 waffles so I couldn't give my kids that! The waffle batter was watered down too! There were tons of people coming in for the breakfast and they never once came to refill it! The clerk at checkout was gone at checkout time! ThAt is the busiest part of the day, why would you leave your counter empty?!? I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone! It should be shut down!! Stay away!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Chippewa Motel & Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear TeenaBoBina, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Boscobel, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I couldn't believe it!!! The pictures on line look like it's a nice motel- these pictures are very decieving. We got there and checked into our room. The room stunk and the carpet was filthy dirty, stained, and ripped. The carpet was so bad I don't think I could've walked on it with bare feet. We went and tried to get my money back and that wasn't happening so they let us have a different room. After the third one we finally found one that was doable, but still wasn't the greatest. It didn't stink! The remote didn't work so we had to complain about that, my son sat at the foot of his bed and it fell off the frame. The continental breakfast was terrible, I would've been to scared to eat the food there anyway! The wi-fi never worked the whole time we were there either. I will NEVER stay at this motel again!!!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sarah B, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
WI, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

When I arrived the 1st room given was not even cleaned with dirty sheets and garbage spread across the floor. So i went back and got another room. The second one was cleaner but not much better. They had period stained towels, dirty stained sheets and stained window treatments. I feel completely ripped off because the room looked nothing like the pictures online. And then there were drunks at 3 in the morning yelling outside the door til 5am and nobody was there to help the situation. When I checked out of the hotel/motel the clerk asked how my stay was and i said "not the best." Then she rolled her eyes and said "well would you like a receipt?" I said "Yes I'd like to get out of here considering I was waiting on you for a half hour at the front desk. And thank goodness my friend had a phone number to get ahold of you so we wouldn't have to wait any longer than that." I was completely disappointed with the service, cleanliness, and overall stay at Chippewa Motel and Suites.
****Click this link below to find out what you get for your money at Chippewa Motel and Suites. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFW4gbsXrHs&feature=youtu.be

Room Tip: Click this link to find out what you get for your money at Chippewa Motel and Suites
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Hailey R, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
salem
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This place is a mess! Everyting was filthy and the building is delapitaited. whirlpool broken coverd with plywood, pool deck hasnt been cleaned ever? Ice makchine doesnt work, seems to be understaffed, trash everywhere. I booked online and was very upset when we arrived and saw what a dump this place is as well as unsafe espeially for young kids. Cheap price i guess you get what u pay for eww will never go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Julie M, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Mukwonago, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

All the other reviewers are spot on. We refused to check in and are disputing all credit card charges. Smells like a mold infested foreclosure property! If there was a negative ratting I would pick it because terrible is generous!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jennifer B, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This was the worse motel I have ever stayed at. For starters the room was "FILTHY" I can't emphasize it enough.The bedding was old and dirty, I had to go to Walmart and buy bedsheets to put on my bed so I would'nt catch an infection.The carpeting was the worst of all, the carpet was so dirty it had huge brown stains all over again I had to go buy plastic to place on the carpeting so we wouldn't have to walk on them.The bathroom tub was dirty, the towels had holes on them and when I asked for fresh towels the following day, they said they ran out of them. There were no garbage bag in the bathroom trash can. I ran out of toilet paper (since there was a tiny roll when I got there,) I requested another roll on saturday morning and I checked out on Sunday and never got the paper, I had to go buy some. The mattress was so old I can feel the springs by just placing my hand it, I reguested a new one and they didn't bring it up until 2:30 am. This is a horrible Motel!! I would not recommend anyone to stay in this NASTY, FILTHY motel. They should close this dump!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Marinel R, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Been to Chippewa Motel & Suites? Share your experiences!